No matter how much Bendis wants it, Miles will never be Spider-Man as long as Peter's around...

No matter how much Bendis wants it, Miles will never be Spider-Man as long as Peter's around, it's too confusing for normies.

So what do we call him instead? He's obviously here to stay, and he might even eventually get a writer that isn't garbage, so maybe we should talk about this?

Other urls found in this thread:

nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Black Spider hyuk

Miles is a thing of the current age...better characters than him have fallen to the wayside and the background

Newby 20 somethings on this board don't even remember when Gambit was one of Marvels most popular characters and view him as a relic of the past trends, Miles will eventually fall and become a relic himself

Because god forbid we have a topic to talk about.

He's called Kid Arachnid in the USM TV show, but that's awful.

They will kill Peter in the third Spiderman movie. Miles will be Spiderman in the fourth movie. The funny books will follow and that will be the end of Peter Parker forever

I'm a fan of Redback, who are particularly known for their dangerous venom

Something tells me Disney will tell Marvel to fuck themselves if they try to slash the sales like that. Because they WILL drop if that happens.

Spider-Boy, but in universe Boy is said with a certain inflection.

The natural solution is to call him Brown Recluse.

Arachno-Blackno

Kek

For every Gambit there's a Cable.

for every cable, there's a blade

>He's called Kid Arachnid in the USM TV show, but that's awful.

It has a certain flair to it.

Man, I still can't believe that shitty cartoon handled Miles so much better than Bendis actually has.

Have him get married then kill his wife off

Black Widower

Bendis tried to have Peter killed off in CWII and Slott told him to fuck off.

Blade has never had a successful comic series. What does Blade have to do with anything?

Hourglass.

Retool Venom Shock so that it's not electricity or whatever, but his Spidey Sense being channeled through his body into the other person, causing their mind to get frozen in time as they suddenly become hyper-aware of EVERYTHING.

haha get it "black" widow

I like Thiwpy, but Kid Spider, Spectacular Spider-Teen, Web Spinner, Lotta good names for him out there

I'm for Spider-Boy-With-A-Certain-Inflection

Spider-Bruh

He's got the colour scheme for the name already

Redback it is

Venom

sounds too close to wetback

Isn't his thing that he wants to get out of Peter's shadow and be Spider-man? He's not changing his name.

That doesn't make any sense. Its like Hitler's son calling himself The Fuhrer to get out of his father's shadow.

redback evokes redman and wetback
brown recluse ... no
black widow ... too faggy
spidernig ...
arachnoid ...
arachnigger ...
kalif of arach ...
arachnopimp ...
the sting ...

...maybe just let miles become spiderman and let peter become the 'atomic spider.' it certainly fits with his new suit (which i adore)

on the other hand, miles is the one frying his opponents. hrm.

>the real Spidey changing his name
good luck with that

Things that will never happen.

More like he doesn't want to be known as the B list inferior Spider-man.

But as long as that's what he calls himself, that's what he will ALWAYS BE.

No one thinks of Kaine as the inferior Spider-Man, but they would if he went around calling himself Spider-Man and thus directly comparing himself to the original..

Then he should change his hero name

Bends will never do it, his popularity is tied to having the name Spider-man. Why do you think Bendis keeps pushing Peter to the background? He wants to push Miles as the main Spider-man but the original is still around. I'm sure Bendis would prefer Peter being killed/retired.

Why give him a spider-man name? Why not try to be different and give him a different theme entirely?

Chameleon-lad? He can blend in and sticks to walls?

Ultimate Spider-Man

They should have made his comic the only monthly for the UU and let Bendis do whatever he wants with that universe without restrictions.

Remove the man

Just call him spider

Hello? Kid Arachnid?

>More like he doesn't want to be known as the B list inferior Spider-man.
Well Pete's still alive and popular so that's kind of impossible

He'll he tried to kill in instead of Bruce in CW2 before Slott cockblocked him
"Wee going into this room with Peter being dead. Thats what Bendis wants. I know how this works, by the time we leave at the end ofor the day Peter will be alive."

You shitters will allow 6 Green Lanterns, 3 The Flash, and 6 Robins, but not 2 Spider-Man

Hey, stop making sense.

There are a few more eath lanterns then that, done forget Percival

>Lantern Corps as a concept allows for simultaneous action and there have only been 3(?) active on Earth at once
>The old one at least pretends to go away for a bit, one used to be called Kid Flash before"graduating"
>Successors, never simultaneous

Do you have a source for that?

Black widow...

Wait fuck

The reason why Miles never takes off is that Bendis doesn't do anything worth wild with him! Instead of creating a mythos around the character, he just bounces off established characters.

Scorpion. You know I'm right
>Ditch the web shooters since Miles can't make them or web cartridges for that matter
>He's mostly known for his OP venom blast
>Mac has done jack shit with the mantle
>Miles is still an arachnid themed hero, but doesn't have to confuse the fuck out of normies
>Miles gets a red/black suit complete with stinger/retractable claws

>still an arachnid
>Scorpion

Spigger

>Let Peter change his name

You are an idiot

Get rekt

They're both spiders and scorpions are both in the arachnid family user. Read a book nigga

Because brand recognition. Slap the name on anything and its likely to sell. Its not easy creating new characters because they dont always click with readers, so its just easier to make a legacy

Calling him the ultimate spiderman was fine,even without the ultimate verse,and he could show-up as apprentice 2 peter since he has parker industries and coud not show-up as the friendly neighborhood spider-man anymore

Parker Industries was a mistake. Give me science teacher Peter any day

No matter how much DC wants it, Wally will never be The Flash as long as Barry around, it's too confusing for normies.

All of Peter's problems would be solved with a job that allowed him to work at home without pressure.

What? Comparing Wally to Miles is just assinine. And if we're being fair, Wally was the better Flash when Barry tagged out

IT is though, you thinki normies can name more than one "the flash"? If they do they get confused with Barry and Wally because they have pretty much the same costume.
It's more than 2 at this point man. It's more lik 8-12.

The thing is, they're trying to push Miles as THE Spider-man because Bendis is an arrogant cock-sucker who wishes he was black.

It's like if the death of superman happened, but they kept Steel in every book they could, and for every Superman book since he came back you had a steel book, and they ere pushing and pushing and pushing for Clark to move over so Steel could be THE super-man. You just don't fucking do that.

Agreed, I'd love for this to be an actual quote.

Do we want peter 2 die and them have 30 years of miles Morales growing up to become Worth of the spider-man name though?

>nydailynews.com/entertainment/marvel-kill-character-civil-war-ii-article-1.2491020

>6 Green Lanterns.

Lanterns are a corps so they don't count. That's like saying, "Well you allow 6 policeman, s-so take that haters!"

>3 The Flash

I really don't like how Wally is still called Flash. I like Wally himself, unlike Miles, but they should really get around to getting him another name.

>6 Robins.

Robin is a role designated by Batman. Therefore, you can have multiple of them simply based on how Batman operates. He /wants/ to become something more than himself and keep his legend alive.

>2 Spider-Man

On concept alone it does not work. Spider-Man isn't a corps, or a title for him to become greater than himself, or some type of role he was handed to him. On concept alone, Spider-Man is a hero of happenstance, so it makes no sense for there to be two of him since it doesn't fit the theme of the character.

But why? Why does he even call himself Spider-man and model his costume after Peter's in 616?

Brown Recluse

Doesn't work, he can't be a recluse if he's on the cover of every fucking marvel book.

I remember Peter was annoyed (or at least joking) about Jessica completely stealing his shtick when calling herself Spider Woman

Ricochet.
Not like anyone wants to use the Slingers.

Peter has /always/ been annoyed by the concept of having some sort of partner (unless he's getting some fuk out of it, or they're genetically the same to him). Remember Frog Man and Spider-Kid? They're like parodies of Miles before Miles even became a thing.

Call up marvel

More like for every 100 Gambits there's one Cable

>He thinks its abot the quantity of characers under a title, not quality
Hahaha you fucking retard. Must be nice being so stupid it shelters you.

Most twenty somethings remember the xmen shows and vidya where he was prominently featured tho

Hey stop replying to yourself in such an obvious fucking way.

I like that name. It rolls off the tongue well.

Anyone who has used Miles uses him better than Bendis has.
Pak should be writing him.

>ITT: "Tee hee it's funny because it's racist. XD"

Everyone who uses him has no idea what to do with him. He's always just a glorified background character with very little to say. And when he does say something he's only stating the obvious. The only person who has shown they have some clue what to do with him is that one lady who did Ms. Marvel.

Actually very little of that surprisingly

Well just make it like "teehee, noo don't look at me". Teenage girls will eat it up.

Compared to what would happen in other boards, if nothing else.

Ive noticed that Sup Forums would more or less forgive Miles if he was a cute girl instead....funny how that works

It sure worked for Riri, didn't it?

Arachno Boy.

Kid Arachnid is

Goddammit it auto-posted before I finished.

Kid Arachnid is too stupid of a name they gave Miles in the USM cartoon.

Arachnophobia is a better name.

Did it? Honestly asking, ever bothered to read an issue.

Nobody gives a shit about Riri until Marvel claims she'll be a trangender black women or something to score progessive bronwy points.

No.
If Miles is number 1 on Sup Forums's shitlist, than Riri is the closest runnerup.
Also, you really aren't missing out on anything by not reading her comics, IMO. It reads exactly the same as all of the other schlock getting pumped out.

I'd say it's more Bendis is number 1 on Sup Forums's shitlist. Miles tends to rise a few points in Sup Forums's eyes when he's written by anyone else

Give him a symbiote and make that his gimmick.

Does anyone have that page with Spider Gwen and Miles talking to Captain America about Captain Marvel?

Just call him Kid Spider-man.

I'm looking forward to the day Bendis is fired from Marvel. Then again, someone else will just take his place

Oh good, another Venom....

How about Kid Venom

This is good. Someone send this to a Bendis.

>But why? Why does he even call himself Spider-man and model his costume after Peter's in 616?

Look., Bendis couldn't be bothered to come up for a reason for someone to start calling themselves Spider-man while Spider-man is alive and well, so he ignored that.
Miles doesn't even remember his old universe, he has nothing
...or did, I stopped reading him a few months ago (around blackheart)