Is saga worth reading...

is saga worth reading? i once saw an interview of its writer where he says he wanted to work on something that isn't about white males (i'm not white but the whole poc white male hate makes me throw up) but i also hear it's quiet good.

I was really enjoying it when it first came out. Once we hit the half way point, though, I guess I was kind of over it? The narrative from the baby's perspective was kind of lame. I should go back and catch up. Might be better read as collected chunks.

Listen its not that people hate white men. White men are like an Adele song, they appear too often in our pop media. We like adele, we like here songs, but sometimes its just tooo much ya know? Play some bowie for a while, cast a latina, listen to some techno, make a story about an asian dude. For a lot of creatives, diversity is just about variety and freshness.

White male here, Saga is pretty good. I feel like it tries a little too hard to be edgy sometimes but I have a lot of fun reading it.

Funnily enough, it was the artist who decided she wants to make them non-white. On the other hand, their race really doesn't matter since their species hate each other.

When you read a lot of Vaughan, a lot of his characters start to sound alike. If you've read Y: The Last Man, for example, Saga's dialogue might sound just a bit too familiar.

If this is your first time with Vaughan, though (and it sounds like it is), you'll probably like it. Everything will be a breath of fresh air for you compared to most other comics, and his shocking moments will still actually be shocking.

thanks guys i decided to give it a go now. this will be a nice break from capeshit.

Can someone post the frame where the woman says that women suffer more than men during war? I know it exists but I can't find it anywhere.

Read it for Prince Robot. Lirerally the best character.

And you want it because...?

Gee, I wonder if they were trying to make a point about something with that...

some people just want to start a 300+ post garbage fire about women and war

Like oh gawd!? Does someone want to write a story not about a certain skin tone? Holy crap! The world is over and we're all gonna die! AAAAAAH! NOOOOO!

THE SJW feminist Mother Ship has been summoned. There is no escape! NNOooooooOOOooOOOoooo!

XD

>Play some bowie for a while

Bowie's been all over pop media 10x more then Adelle and has been for the last 40 years.

I thought it was pretty good but it does get pretty boring later on, and the inclusion of new characters take room that could've been done to do something else. Still, it's pretty neat.

Because it's silly, obviously.

Reddit?

Its just dull. The 'weird sci-fi' elements are uninteresting ,lack internal consistency and are incredibly basic.The Female MC is abrasive, the little character the Male MC has is done far better elsewhere and the bounty hunter going after them is the most blatant rip-off of another character (The Metabaron in The Incal) I've ever seen.

Nope, just a person tired of little children complaining about how their being challenged by simply having to read about characters that might not be exactly like themselves!

Oh the horror! We... may... never... survive people being forced to watch characters of other races interact with each other. I mean, seriously, I was reading The Hulk the other day and someone had the audacity to me he was now Asian!

NooooOOOoooOOOooo, my childhood is now ruined. I don't know I shall recover. I think I'm going to have to check myself into a rehab clinic ;diagnosis... Butthurt!

No, seriously, Reddit?

They wanted to do a Romeo and Juliet story

Fuck that guy

Nope, I don't like their chat interface and haven't really had the patience to get used to it. But yeah, I stick to my points on this one.

>nice break from capeshit.
oh user, you act like this shit is actually different.

go read stray bullets you fag

I mean, he's pretty attractive...

But seriously, he may be an asshole, but he's an ENTERTAINING asshole, which can't be said for Alana or Marko.

Oh fuck off.

If you work for the cape industry and your first thought on making your own thing is "man, I GOTTA get away from straight white males!" you're probably a fucking retard.

The only way those two traits influence a story in anyway that they should be important is if you are primarily a love story writer. You could write a story about anything and make it with primarially different colored and sexually oriented character you want. Generally those things take a backseat to the actual story.

Ellen Ripley could've been a black female who was gay, would not have impacted the story of Alien in the slightest. Same thing Spider-man, jsut swap some geners around and bam. Point is, it's not importtant to the central theme of the story but retarded liberal writers think it is.

IT also breaks immersion when the entirety of your front and scenter roster is some form of minority. There's a reason these people are minorities, they're not in the majority.

>ly way those two traits influence a story in anyway that they should be important is if you are primarily a love story writer

> I only read high concept stories, you guys.

Why make excuses for stories to stay the same? All you've typed is utter tripe.

Wasn't that Hillary Clinton?

It's great.

It's a pretty damned fun read for a while but then it starts to drag. I might pick it back up whenever if finishes, but until then I'm not gonna bother.

A lot of people talk about it lately....