INGRATE

INGRATE

The puppet version of this guy is one of my earliest nightmares.
Glowy-eyed egg-headed motherfucker.

I'm still not entirely sure how to feel about the shift from vaguely asian wizard to james bond villain.

I haven't been following the latest stuff but that sounds pretty lame.
The whole Mandarin-esque aesthetic gave him a fairly unique flair, definitely stands out in my memory.
Then again, that's true for most Gerry Anderson, especially with Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlet.

One MILLION dollars!

"Thunder Birds"

In the new series he is a terrorist/bond villain type who has some generic mooks but still usually does his own field work. He also dropped the silly accent and mind control powers, but kept the disguise gimmick.

Wasn't he supposed to be Malaysian in the original show? Which is kind of weird because it's usually Chinese.

Malaysia was big in British consciousness at the time due to the Malaysian Emergency (and it also still being part of the Empire).

Wikipedia sez:
>While it is known that he is the half-brother of Kyrano, the precise details of their relationship – such as which parent they share or which of them is the elder – remain a mystery

While he's listed as a Malaysian national, it's not improbable that he may have had Chinese ancestry.

The whole Mandarin-esque aesthetic was also based on old cultural stereotypes that are now outdated and no longer relevant.

I haven't seen the original series since I started watching the reboot, but
>tfw his cybernetic eye is a nod to the original's magic glowing eyes

>The whole Mandarin-esque aesthetic was also based on old cultural stereotypes that are now outdated and no longer relevant.
Yeah thanks I hadn't noticed.
They could've done better than stock Bond villain with that starting point, though.

At least he remains very amusing. Loved him in the fireflash episode.
The 20 min episode length has done nothing good for the show though.

I don't remember much of the old Hood but I like the new one. I'm a sucker for villains who make big plans but lose their shit when things don't go their way.

Who or what the fuck is the mechanic?

Just some kid who signed up for the wrong work experience course.

The timeline of this this show intrigues me to no end.
In 2040 we had a world war / "Global Conflict" that
-involved everything up to and including orbital mines
-resulted in a one world government
and
-warranted the creation of something like the GDF
Who the fuck were the sides in that war?

A techpriest

There's a theory it was around energy sources which led to the abolishment of nuclear power and the development of Alsterine. Hood, Jeff, Parker and Penelope's dad may have been involved.
I had him pegged as (Or falseflagged as) Kyrano. But he's probably one of Brains's uni bros.

Jeff absolutely was, at least. He was an officer in the US air force was he not.
And it's not like he was not combat-worthy given how he was still fine to go to Mars post-war.
Though doesn't that also mean Scott lived his childhood in a world ravaged by global war?

Probably, he was old enough to see the TV-21.

What the christ was that thing even powered with?
I mean it amount to an ICBM with a seat instead of a warhead but holy shit the thrust it put out was absurd even compared to "casually flies to the sun and back" Thunderbird 3

Nuclear fusion reactors, which accounts for it being a beast after spending a decade or 2 in a deep sea trench.

I really want to see a flashback of when they made it.
>General!
>Yes, Tracey?
>Do we still need the decommissioned ICBMs?
>No, why?
>I'll take one.
>...why?
>I'll put a seat in it.
>....?
>I'll have my pal cram multiple fusion reactors into it too and then use it as a private jet
>I LIKE THE WAY YOU THINK, TRACEY!

Im half expecting the GDF to develop into Spectrum at one point.

I could imagine Hydromethane played a part in that, given how it's still worth stealing in 2065.

Ah the old Prototype doesn't have the limits later models do bit. But always has a critical flaw that leads to its destruction.

I do like the gag.

It's a flaw that was exploited to create a suicide run, TB3 only escaped by it's equipment and Kayo's intervention.

Does anyone else find it weird that they don't use secret identities anymore? The entire word are apparently aware that missing billionaire Jeff Tracy's son's who are all under 25 live on a private island in the south Pacific operating a state of the art rescue organisation.

I think it would be weirder if they did have secret identities.

I thought Scott's like 30something and they all work with the approval of the Global Defence Force. Jeff is also most likely a war hero.
In the original there was the major concern that people might steal their tech for evil, but most of what they use here seems to be less unique given how common space travel is and whatnot.

Blame the rise of social media and cameraphones, the average thunderbird sighting would probably go viral in minutes.
Although I reckon John might be able to kerb it a bit.

John is like some digital age god, able to intercept and block anything at will. The sheer power of TB5 is probably a major reason why they have such close cooperation with the GDF

Who is your favorite recurring secondary?
Personally I'm fond of Fischler

>Vaguely autistic.
>AI daughter who is willing to be evil.
>Surveillance equipment that allows him to watch and listen to the entire globe.
>State of the art satellite, with who knows what else on board.
>Experienced enough hacker that he can gain control of a plane mid-flight.
>Extremely tight spacesuit.

John would make an amazing villain now I think about it.

I miss his original pimp robes

EOS.
Fischler a prick.

Original!Jeff probably locked him up on 5 because he got too many bitches pregnant.

Fischler is like a personification of the absurd lack of foresight that caused 90% of the original episodes
>How long do the radiation shields on this nuclear airliner last?
>'bout two hours, maybe three?
>Yep sounds fine to me greenlight this shit and lets go for shots

He did become rather cuntish in that incident with the weather drones

He'd need some kind of bumbling sidekick to play off his deadass seriousness.

Why Alan of course.

You say that lightly but Evil Alan would be terrifying.

>It's a Dankcois Memeiare episode

I enjoy the Lemaires if only because his wife is fine as fuck.
>ywn bang Madeline while Francois watches in his bandages

That fucking episode was comedy gold

>The sequence where you realise WETA is literally rolling a ball down a fake hill
this show

Ned Tedford (and Gladys).
He's a goofball, but I like his ability to seek out peace and quiet by picking the worst possible jobs.

Imagine an alternative world where International Rescue were kidnappers or assassins instead of rescuers.
They just put the same amount of dedication and enthusiasm into ending lives instead of saving them.

Oh need that AU episode.

Each morning they'd have to drag him out of another woman's bed. Finally decided it was less expensive to just put him in space with a vacuum hose.

And then he starts banging the captain of Global1

And then they need EOS, to keep the doors locked.

They put him on a zeppelin first, but after the incident where here managed to get into the Angels lounge in cloudbase...

Still not a fan of the new Penelope. Something about her just feels off. Maybe it's her complete lack of taste in interior decorating, or her weird dog.

>Put him in space with no females within thousands of miles
>He still somehow generates another illigitimate child

>EOS was originally meant to be a dating sim

How bout no.

You freaky dutch bastard.

Worst/Best episode so far?

Best: Fireflash
Worst: Unplugged

Best:Extraction, EOS, Earthbreaker
worst:Designated Driver