Steven Universe: ancient times

The gem arrived on planet Earth to colonize it 6000 years ago.
So basically -4000 BCE.

What had the humans do already at this point?

Was there some kind of civilisation already existing?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çatalhöyük
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Ancient Egyptians existed back then, had cities and civilizations. Unfortunately I think it's only the middle east and Egypt that has anything close to civilization at this point.

Every other human would still be extremely primitive hunters and gatherers.

>he forgets Indus valley and asian civilizations

>Forgets that those where CIA spooks in disguise

Heh, just googled and I never learned about Asian civilizations though we briefly studied the Indus valley.

It was before the Bronze age.

Crying

>4000 BC
>pre-dynastic Ancient Egypt
>Ancient Mesopotamia
>very early ancient China
>early Jōmon period in Japan

>Europe and America still stuck in the stone age

generally, concepts like cities, agriculture, and money already existed at this point

that one did not appear till 3300 BC

>Ancient Mesopotamia

I've been reading up on them some time ago and it hit me how... human they were. They recorded beer recipes and fart jokes, had graffiti complaining about corrupt politicians and already bitched about nostalgia and the young not respecting their elders.

They would have seen ancient civilisations, and due to the planet wide civil war would have affected them indirectly during them.

Afterwards, they probably intervened directly on occasion, when someone starts wandering to close to corrupted gem territory, and would have told them to jog on.

Basically, all these civilisations plus more. I find it difficult to believe that there weren't more ancient civilisations to be honest; we keep finding ancient, almost fossilised boats that were way too sophisticated for the times they belonged to in those areas.

Also, I imagine something happened in Russia, because there's a giant gaping area missing from it. Literally a third of it's landmass.

>Was there some kind of civilisation already existing?
It was a nasty place
There was a mess wherever you stepped
Where chaos reigned and earthquakes and volcanoes never slept

AND THEN ALONG CAME GREG

And don't forget, a certain frog and his demented worshippers

This existed 9500 years ago:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Çatalhöyük

Didn't you go to college?

where is that from. This look way too detailed to be that old.

I thought Ur was the oldest city.

>The gem arrived on planet Earth to colonize it 6000 years ago.
Except that's not right at all. That's when the rebellion began.

Actually, it's considered to have been abandoned even before the Gems came to earth.

Well thats makes more sense since then Rose could see them building themselves to become more than what they were if they arrived much much further back

Technology ramps up exponentially. That was 9500 years ago and then.... not really much more impressive architecture until the pyramids.

No, the rebellion started 5700 hundreds years before present time. and ended in 5000 years ago.

Never underestimate the power of meme magic user

The pyramids are not actuallly that impressive on their own, but the logistics that went into them is.

"PRAISE KEK"

And thanks for Trump.

praise Kek

Actually, it's unclear when EXACTLY the rebellion began.
There's 2 main prospective dates:
>Around 5,750 years ago (around the time of the Answer)
At that point there was at least rebels in the form of Pearl and Rose. Seems like they didn't have a real force at that point though. Rose noticeably didn't have her Sword Bismuth made.
>5,500 years ago (the date given by Pearl in the Guide to the Crystal Gems book)
While this hasn't come up in the show at all, in the book which had shit like "Alexandrite's Weapon: All of Them" there's a point where Pearl says they "Fought for the planet's independance 5,500 years ago" or something like that.

My guess would be that the rebellion began over 5,750 years ago, but the war they always talk about didn't start till 5,500 years ago, after 250 years of gathering followers.
After that point, it's always called a "1,000 year war" so presumably it ended 4,500 years ago.

So, yeah, PD could have been gathering up humans anywhere from 5,750+ years ago to 4,500 years ago.

>So, yeah, PD could have been gathering up humans anywhere from 5,750+ years ago to 4,500 years ago.
More likely, she made this zoo project before the war started.

It is Egyptian but it's from 600BC, not ancient pyramid times. Also that statue is extremely popular so I'm certain that's a picture of one of the modern $12 versions you can buy from Amazon instead of the real one.

Yeah, that's why I put the + there.
She could have possibly gotten humans during the war, but it does seem unlikely.
It's not entirely clear when the Cluster project began either.
Peridot does refer to going through "A few hundred years of reports" so presumably it started 300 or more years before the war ended.

I don't think there were too many major timeline quotes this bomb. Only one I can think of was Holly Blue basically confirming that Era 2 is what they call the time period after the war.

PRAISE KEK

Göbekli Tepe

That's what I love about the graffiti in Pompeii. It's amazing because, after thousands of years, humans really haven't changed much at all. There's writings of one man saying he made bread, another bragging about getting some booty, and multiple of just general complaints.

No. The WAR started 5000 years ago. We have no idea how long the gems were here before that. Could be a 1000 could be 10000.

>quit shitting in the streets
>Mark shit here

I know logically that things haven't changed. But I still imagine things as being distintly different when I think of the past. The weirdest for me is early high quality color photography, how everything just looks the same. And that's still not long ago at all.

I think it's because of Hollywood I guess. And also, because most major literary relics from back when were written in a high falutin literary style of the time rather than conversationally.

>tfw you lie awake at night wondering if Gaius and Aulus ever fell out of friendship and if they ever made up afterwards

The Answer made it sound like the CG were once larger but had been systematically whittled down to just a few. They then obviously would havve started making a comeback.

Headcanon past this point, but I think it's because of Sapphire/Garnet. With future vision Rose was able to turn the tide of the war.

no. meme magic led to drumph.

btw whar general
whar episode mega

>A promising site of a new gem colony. But Progress was being thwarted by a SMALL, persistent group of rebels
Nah nigga, they made it pretty clear that that was the beginnings of the Crystal Gems. Shit was going fine, but Rose, Pearl and maybe some other gems were all there was because they had just begun.

Honestly, considering how they refer to Bismuth as "one of the original members of the Crystal Gems" and are so close to her, and how Sapphire says that the rebellion will end with them catching the rebels there, I'd even accept that at that point it was literally just Pearl and Rose.
They didn't really hint at there being more than them at that point in time (besides the fact that a group implies more than two), and Bismuth didn't seem to have joined yet.

Wasn't it longer than that? 6000 years being just when the rebellion happened

I want to see an episode where the Gems meet Gilgamesh and Enkidu in Babylon.

Seconding this. Links anyone? I missed the bomb

who is to say that Enkidu wasn't a gem?

Civilization in the form of large city states existed, but no multiple landmass spanning empires if that's what you mean.
The Egyptian empire existed, as did the Babylonians and there were various other small city states scattered across europe, asia and northh africa.

Then the Decepticons show up and slaughter the gems for messing with their energon mining operations.

praise kek

Since cartoons often take liberties with ancient civilizations, I'd picture it basically being the setting these guys are from.

>Oh no. It's retarded.

the Decepticons were in hybernation since the Jurassic period, and did not wake-up until the 1980s

Depends on the incarnations

>It's not entirely clear when the Cluster project began either.
Peridot said that it was when Homeworld considered they couldn't win the war anymore. Probably after Diamond's death.

Specifically after PD got shattered and YD took over in Earth business.

Why do Gems have emotions anywhere similar to humans? They are profoundly different in every way from us.

Personally, I think the Gems were created by a species similar to humans, that wished to create better robots by making them more like people and everything just got out of hand.

That's the thing though.
She said there were several hundred years of reports on the project.
The project wouldn't have any reports (or at least not many) once the war had ended since they didn't check on it till Peridot came by.
So those 300+ years of research had to happen leading up to the end of the war.

That would mean the war DIDN'T end with PD's shattering, which is still entirely possible, but it raises the question of what did make them finally decide to give up?

>The Answer made it sound like the CG were once larger but had been systematically whittled down to just a few. They then obviously would havve started making a comeback.
i think it's simpler to imagine, at least when you see That from 5700 ago up to 5500 this was just a small group of rebel, with basically just Pearl, Garnet and Rose. 5500 is when the rebellion really started to pick up and gained ground.

The Romans were extremely advanced though, their society was about as modern as ours was just 100 years ago. Tap water and central heating in every home, massive concrete bridges and structures, very advanced machinery, roads that are still in use today, social services, hospitals, democracy with equal rights for women... they even invented the steam engine, though sadly never saw the potential in it and considered it a toy. They were complete outliers in the otherwise gradual advancement of mankind.

>So those 300+ years of research had to happen leading up to the end of the war.
Or there were periodic scans by Red Eyes or other agents landing to check up on the Cluster without the Crystal Gems knowing of them.
As for what ended the war, it might have been a matter of fighting on too many fronts(considering the amount of soldiers they produce, the Diamond Authority must have enemies either within or without) or that one planet is simply not worth the trouble.

>massive orgies where people would eat, fuck, vomit the food they'd eat, then go eat and fuck some more.

They truly were more advanced then us!

>Why do Gems have emotions anywhere similar to humans?
I am really picking from the show that Gems aren't really the drone race the Diamond Authority want them to be. They are clearly individuals of mind and are kept under a strict authoritarian rules by the diamond.

I like to think the Diamonds are the sole survivor of a decadent Gem society that almost completely self destruct, and Diamonds were the sole survivors, who decided to rebuild Gem civilisation from scratch under stricter structure, emphasizing on utilitarianism and forbidding any creativity like hetero-fusion who they see as a mark of the previous decadent civilisation, as well as an actual threat to their own power.

Them being th sole survivor of a previous civilisation might explain their affection for each other.

and it also explain while Gem's true nature can resurface so easily.

Homeworld seems like a Tier 2 civilization if not more. What tier is Cybertron?

So Energon is somehow just literal solar/hydro/combustion energy condensed into cube or liquid form?

Try /trash/.

*They look overhead to multiple warships in the distance closing in on them bombing whatever is under them*

*KABOOM*
"Steven we gotta get out of here*
"No I cant leave Beach City!"
"Sorry Steven we have no choice"
"Hey what about me?"
"You can come along as well Greg"
"Steven!! Steven!!!"
"Connie!"
"Whats happening Steven?"
"Everyone get to the warp now"

*On a warship*
"Hey thats one weird rock formation you think?"
"Yh it looks likes a gem"
"Weird I dont remember gem history class telling us about this formation"
"Why are humans even near it?"

*Back to Beach City
"ALIENS ARE DESTROYING THE WORLD I TOLD YOU SO"
"I hate you so much Ronaldo"
"Lars I jus want you to know I love you"
"Ugh Sadie learn to read the Atmosphere"
"Hey wheres Steven a kid shouldnt be in all this destruction"
"I cant find him anywhere"
"Well at least hes safe but we gotta get ou-"

*BEACH CITY GETS FUCKING BLOWN TO SHIT*

>So those 300+ years of research had to happen leading up to the end of the war.
The exact quote, as seen is actually "a Few hundred years of reports", but I guess 300 years is a good ballpark.
This timeline is quite well set:
I'd say The war really pick up 5500 years ago,
4200 years ago, Pink Diamond is shattered,
YD goes, fuck it, let's experiment with fusion and create a giga-gem and 300 hundred years later, they finally leave the planet with the cluster to gestate, with the corruption song as a last fuck you.

It seems like both the Gempire and Cybertron are hampered by lack of energy, but while the gems seem to need Life Energy specifically, but Cybertronians can get it from anywhere. If they had a Dyson Sphere, that'd solve their problems wouldn't it?

Ancient times? More like gay times.

... Wrong thread?

I am not sure it relate to the current discussion.

*Back on warship*
"The ship is detecting a massive load of gem signatures from that rock formation"
"Humans hoarding gems and holding them prisoners how dare they??!!"
"Lets not jump to stupid conclusions Peridot X6LMD"

*They land*
*They enter the temple*
"These doors are gem activated"
"What the heck is a gem doing on this rock anyway?"
"Could be those crystal gems Blue Diamond was speaking of"
"So Rose Quartz is here? We could get Pearls if we handed her over to Blue Diamond"
"Guys you gotta see this"
*They enter the boiler room"
"What the heck?"
"Why are all of these gems bubblied?"
"Only gems can bubble this is the work of gems "Release one"
*They release Centipeedle*
"RAAWRRR"
"What a weird gem it acts like a dumb beast"
"So animal control?"
"Lets just collect them all and turn over to Corundums for further analysis, then blow up this formation"
"Got it"

*Meanwhile somewhere in the jungles of South America*
"I can still hear explosions"
"Its alright Steven the warships are only targetting settlement as long as we are in the jungles they wont come for us"
"I wonder how Beach City doing"
"Im sure its fine Steven"
"Hmmm so the Homeworld gems are finally destroying the world"
"It hurts I cant do anything to stop it"
''If my mom was here she could stop it"
"Dont stress yourself Steven when we come with a plan we will act on it"
"Alright"
"Hey kiddo dont worry the gems have got this"
"Thanks dad"

*6 hours pass*

*On a really important looking warship floating above the earth in space*
"Commander Emerald every human settlement on the planet has been destroyed, estimated human population has dropped by 60% due to the bombings"
"Good time its time to finish them off, release the quartz and let them explore every part of this planet until every single human is dead"
"Can we use warships?"
"No you will use ships for transport, its not fun just bombing everything to submission lets give these petulant monkeys an idea that they have a chance against us"
"Understood"

*Back in the Rainforest*
"The explosions stopped"
"Did we win?"
"Oh no we gotta go now!"
"Why?"
"When gems declare war they will first demolish the infrastructure of a species then send him infantry to the ground to remove any survivors"
"What?"
"We gott go now!"
*They start running really fast*

>Weep, you girls. My penis has given you up. Now it penetrates men’s behinds. Goodbye, wondrous femininity!
[/fit/ intensifies]

>Ancient Egyptians
WE

When gems arrived, would humans have seen them as gods and worshiped them?

It's lacking a single-tearing St-Maria.

They most likely did.

They might have seen the ruins left from the finno-korean hyperwar.

*On that important warship in some room Im too lazy to describe*
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
"Speak of what you know crystal gem"
"I already told you Im not a crystal g-"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"
"I can do this all eternity talk now"
"I am one of you! A gem from Homeworld!"
"Lies, there is no record of you being sent to Earth at ll"
"AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
"That record was deleted trust me, I was sent here thousands of years ago"
"Yh right"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
"To do what exactly?"
"To see how nice the planet wa-"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"
"Dont play with me why were you there?"
"Because I want to see the war"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!"
"Truth now"
"Alright I was sent to Earth to remove its oceans and prepare it for the formation of Pink Diamond's colony, but I got caught up in the war and was poofed by a Crystal Gem traitor, my felllow home world gems trapped me inside of a mirror confusing me for one of them, and I have been stuck on this planet for millenia"
"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!"
"Wait right here I will have to look in archives to see if this is true""

Ah those were the days, when men were men with sturdy boots and lances. Not these cardplaying faggots with their wine and belt buckle shoes.

Post that shit right now. It's fucking awesome
and at any rate, far better than whatever fanfiction that user is trying to shoehorn in this thread

they did on the pyramid murals

PRAISE KEK

Humans probably worshiped the old gem temples even long time after most gems had left.

The more things change, the more they stay the same

Human were stacking rocks on top of each other 11,000 years ago
Why wouldn't they have? Homo sapiens had the same potential for intelligence back then as it does now.

>Every other human would still be extremely primitive hunters and gatherers.

>Forgetting about ancient indo-European civilizations like Armenia in 2017

>meme magic led to drumph.
Man, i wasn't here during the elections. I kept thinking how Sup Forums dealt with the results. I imagine chaos is an understatement.

Wasn't so bad, actually. Ponies caused more havoc by far. Even MvS was a bigger deal. Sup Forums was batshit I imagine, but sane people don't go to Sup Forums

That's why there's no religion on SU Earth, they'd naturally worship gems and the gems politely informed them that they're not gods and they haven't met any gods either.

Anyone wants to make a bet that there's some sort of other human colony/empire in the galaxy.

It doesn't make sense that no one abused some warp-pads

Humans can't use warp pads. And Earth's warp pads don't go beyond Earth.

>And Earth's warp pads don't go beyond Earth
At the beginning of the show, I thought each warp pad was on a different planet.

Connie does

That's what the Galaxy Warp is for. However it has been busted for most of the time.

No, she is always accompanied by the gems to activate it.

Greg needed the whistle.

not without a gem around

Shitposting is truly mankind's greatest invention.