RWBY/RT General #1109: Your new team Edition

Previous thread: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-9-fd5jl9

1080P Episode Archive:
mega.nz/#F!S1E3wTRQ!4RH3D97O1-ZiW_lMAu7xog

Latest episode M3U8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/54be0839-8875-46cd-bf04-d55d3ed4b06a/index.m3u8

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/9180895
track4.mixtape.moe/mmbljy.webm
youtu.be/ddXM6HX1PgU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Poost Pyrrha,

First for next Grimm boss

Is there a source to the statement that both Jaune and Ren will get upgraded weapons? Someone said it earlier, but I don't really remember that.

>Tfw you're more interested in side characters than the main characters
>Tfw you're more interested in Jaune than team RWBY
This show is being carried by Sun, Tai, Ren & Nora, Qrow, and Jaune at this point. I don't know what happened, but team RWBY just feels really shitty this season.
>Ruby used to be cute and innocent, but is now annoying and stupid
>Yang actually improved a lot this season, but we've yet to see her without based dad
>Blake is still shitty kitty. Sun save us.
>Weiss isn't too terrible, but she hasn't done anything of note this season

Arkos!

Miles spilled the beans about Jaune getting a gun, but I don't remember anything about Ren.

i need more pictures of best boy

post monkey

>Salem says that man found dust after a period of time
>Qrow contradicts this
>WoR contradicting in show canon

So will they retcon Salem, double down on false narrators, or leave a brazen error in their own canon?

>This kills the Ren edition

Go team pelvis breaker!

Let's watch/commentary, afterbuzz or whatever.One of them talked about the characters getting weapon upgrades moving forward.

Side characters tend to be the more interesting characters in many manga/anime. Since this is based off them, it makes sense for it to be the case here as well.

Lets just say that the details are a bit muddled. Specifics lost to time and legend.

Shit it would be great to see something that horrifying in this.

You still think this show is about RWBY? They´re side characters and the show is already about Jaune and the other´s. Of course they´re not the ones carrying the show. Even though they should.

Am I the only one who just hears Church when Tai talks? I know its the same VA and all but it's never been as bad as this episode. Like, Tai even has some of the same jerk mannerisms as Church and I bet if he'd had the chance to settle down for twenty years they would be exactly the same. Raven is even kind of like Tex.

Post bitch

>Ruby is now annoying and stupid
Welcome to Static characters user.

I'm pretty much just here for Ironwood, at this point.

Not even sorry

>Jaune
>Carrying anything

It's a good read. Lost Children is the best arc.

That doesn't even look like Ruby

It's the shit writing. Everything about it makes me cringe. His delivery is decent, but the lines sound like a 15 year old trying to write Shakespeare.

I dont have any pictures of Winter.

> A grimm with a hunter cut-and-pasted haphazardly inside it.
> Still uses hunter's weapon.
If they'd do it, I'd watch it.

I'm not even a Yangfag but I really hope RT scales back on the Weiss and Blake parts and focuses more on Yang at this point.

The writing is bad and he's not even trying to not sound like he always does.

This. Lost children and golden age was GOAT

What made Volume 3 so good?

And what's made this one so bad, honestly?

Have none of the guys at RT ever given another guy a hug? There's two ways that guys are allowed to hug one another:
>Grab each others right hand at about nipple height, forming an approximate 90° angle between the two forearms. Pull each other close and wrap the other arm around the other individual.
>One arm goes up, and the other one goes down, making a sort of interlocking hug

It was the climax of 2 volumes of buildup
It's fine so far.

it's not so bad as much as just very 'meh' with some bad choices happening every now and then

Minus Ironwood, the Weiss parts have been god awful

pupper

Ruby looks extra tiny

Fuck off, you furry faggot

Volume 3 had the first hint of something other than "high school kids fucking around".

just dudes being bros

I dunno. I don't get it either. Despite being a literal tournament arc, I was really into Vol. 3 and watched each episode as soon as it came out.

Now I just can't bring myself to care. It's like "oh, an episode came out today, right. I'll watch it later I guess."

I just want Penny to come back honestly
That and a little love for sniper slav

in retrospect, Guts used his mouth a lot in earlier chapetrs

Volume 3 had a heavy villain focus and less Blake

That would be fine if it was a third party

But it's LITERALLY the narrators who are dicking us over here. That's just fucking horrendous writing.

Daily reminder that pupper's not little red, but the big bad wolf who ate grandma and soon Weiss. We'll see her knotty dog cock in volume 5.

>Doesn't understand the timeless everything was fine startup in this FFVIII fanfiction
wew lad

There's a big difference between being liberal and being tumbrl level retarded.

I am surpeised it was two brothers and not a brother and sister though.

Saying that, you'd then run into the question of which gender you portray as the semi evil destroyer who created the grimm and all those implications.

I was so hyped to see Mistral, and especially Atlas this volume....

Those dreams were nice.

They also held for too long. Guy hugs last one full second max. Any longer and it's gay.

Now that's a fine bitch

Qrow is human and is getting his info second hand from Ozpin. Salem might be old but I dont think she is before humans old.

What did you expect from the very beginning of a new story arc with 6+ storylines and an estimated run of 22+ volumes?

It's too late then

I want to tease the pupper until she can't hold back and squeezes her big knot inside of me.

You do realize that 20+ volumes thing Lindsay said was a joke? She admitted that at NYCC.

That much should be apparent, given all the documented trouble they're having with writing and worldbuilding.

Can't wait until Ironcock shows back up and "takes care" of Weiss

I've always thought it was 5 seconds if you're patting on the back, 3 if not

On a technical level, it's better in V3 in every way.

But it's missing two things; firstly Monty's fights. Those are gone for good, and that's a distinct element missing.

Next is thing happening; this volume is very much a set up for later ones. Now usually this wouldn't be a problem in a show like this, but because everything is so tight for screentime, and there is going to be no increase in overall time for RWBY, there's a cap on what can be done. So right now V4 is building for a payoff we won't see for maybe years. That's pretty fucking bad.

So false narrator then.

Great, because the already shaky canon defiantly needed to be punched in the throat.

Maybe they are hinting that Oz doesn't provide the full picture.
We know he purposefully didn't tell what aura transfer would do.
We are not even sure if Ozluminati knows that he shifts bodies.
Who knows what else he is silent about if not out right lied.

>What about Winter?

have a fanfic

archiveofourown.org/works/9180895

I wonder what the fan reaction will be to this volume, as a whole. Both tumblr and Lelddit don't seem to be liking this volume that much.

Winter is more into blonds

He can have two daughters. One for each chair.

>"Meh"

>Summer's semblance was the ability to reproduce asexually
>that's why ruby looks 100% like her

Her turn is up and now she's free to fuck dead crows.

Time to jack off

>Jaunefaggotry

Self-inserting is a mental illness.

Hell, maybe even Ozpin doesn't know the whole picture and stuff gets lost in the memory transfers.

Thanks Satan

Look its the loveable monkey character based of off sun wukong

>He gives up his two seats to Winter and Weiss
>not just giving them 2 seats each
>Ironwood now controls 6 seats because he revoked his loss of seat in the counsel thanks to Winter and Weiss double-teaming up that sweet 4-seat privilege.

I honestly think the focus on the adult interaction was what made Volume 3 so good.

It's not exactly a secret they're infinitely better than the kids.

Reminder that it's not a footprint

This

We are following like 4 uninteresting kids, 2-3 actually interesting but never used kids, and an actually interesting cast we will never, ever see properly done.

It's a hoof print
Finished that for you user

Do Miles and Kerry even like RWBY? Outside of maybe Blake, given Miles' whole thing with that.

Because I get the distinct impression they like JNPR and the adults more.

They should have timeskipped the kids into adults and went for just a big ass overhaul. Essentially skip a lot of the boring cliche shit in this volume and slowly bring it all up as needed while they have the new-adults ween themselves into the Salem plot further.

It doesn't feel like anyone, save Qrow and the Ozluminati, are a perceived and honest threat to the supposed big bad and their henchmen. Probably could have fixed that if everyone was grown up and at Qrow-levels or atleast Winter-level.

Yeah that's a hoof print.

>Volume ends will Red wedding style massacre
>new MC's
I would approve

JNPR were given such a significant role because Miles and Kerry found them easy to write. Take that how you will

what does it mean?

Monty only leaving tiny bullet-point cliffnotes about team RWBY probably doesn't help much either.

ELEPHANT GRIMM

track4.mixtape.moe/mmbljy.webm

Elephants don't have hooves. You can see the individual toes in that image.

This the only type of RWBY game he would approve of
youtu.be/ddXM6HX1PgU

I'm talking pre-volume 1 here

Don't believe their lies

Trojan horse

I hope we get to see a little of the creepier Atlas witchcraft side of the military. Qrow definitely made it seem like it was there.

Maybe once Qrow dies, Ironwood will take his place as the "adult PoV", and we'll get to see it.

Stop making me want to play this mess of a game again.

Monty approved of Grimm Eclipse.