Selling Comic Collections

Has anyone here tried selling their comic collection? What site/method/store did you use?

I'm thinking about organizing them into trade paperback sets and advertising them like that on kijiji.

Good luck to you on that. I can't offer you any advice, I usually just buy a whole box for $40-50 per box (like that one on the bottom right) from folks who are just looking to get rid of them.

>store

2nd & Charles is a huge Buy/Trade/Sell store chain that I use for selling comics and trades.

If you live in florida, don't sell them here

Ayy fellow Floridafriend.

I shop here and they're pretty good on trades if you got shit that's worth shit. Otherwise just take it up to the Sound Exchange on Bloomingdale.

Please note that this is Canadian money,
And I buy them at flea markets.

I'm Canadian too and I want to sell locally instead of shipping but I don't even think I have anything worth selling.

I just opened up a box and pulled out the complete R.E.B.E.L.S. all 26 issues plus the annual but who's going to buy that? how do I even advertise it? I'm thinking of putting something like "FEATURING LOBO" or something.

>tfw only Floridafag in NW Florida.

Life is suffering.

Selling it in bulk to a store is probably you're only real chance. Maybe part it out on ebay or something, but if you want local, you'll be sitting on most for years before you find a buyer.

I see. Has anyone here have any experience selling bulk to a store? Should I split stuff up? For example, I have every issue of Guardians of the Galaxy vol. 2 and I'm pretty sure that's probably something that can be sold. I should put that in it's own pile right?

Also how do I kill that sense of loss as I go through everything? I just pulled out Seaguy, Ruins and War of Kings and I just want to spend the weekend reading those.

I volunteer work at a comic store part time so I overhear conversations and such with potential sellers and the owner.

Basically if you sell to a comic store, they may pick or choose what they buy depending on the supply/demand in the area and their current stocks.

However, if you're fairly confident the comics aren't worth more than a dollar or so each, just box them up and sell them at a yard sale for some lump sum that translates to roughly a buck a comic.

I worked at a comic book store and I definitely don't want to sell to them.

I think I'm going to create a list of as many piles as I can make and take it to a bunch of stores and see if they can give me an estimate.

Fair enough, some of the stores are more profit-driven than others. The one I'm at is more for love of the hobby than the money but I totally understand.

Any comic store is going to look through them before they buy and if your Guardians stuff doesn't include their first appearances it's not worth the trouble of highlighting them.

Alright I'll bite; what part of Canada?

They aren't going to be worth shit unless they're from the 60's

Toronto

I'm going to call BMV tomorrow and ask what they're looking for. Browsing through Kijiji classifieds and remembering the type of customer I would deal with at the store and comic cons is turning me off selling privately.

Georgia fag here

Where do I sell my shit to someone who wants them?

Well you'll probably find buyers using Kijiji and such then. Were you in Cape Breton my offer of $40 per box for the lot would still be open. ;)

Ebay

you'll be lucky to get 10 cents per issue from a brick and mortar store

and other online options aren't worth the price and time overall

bite the bullet and sell you collection at a brick and mortar store and hope for atleast $50, but be prepared for around $30 if even that

I hope I get 10 cents on each issue. I have around 3000 comics and I'm sincerely hoping to get around 200-300 for it all.

oh it didn't look like that much in your pick

but yeah most stores will go anywhere from 5-10 cents per issue and then resell it at around a dollar or more a pop

those aren't my comics lol. that's just a stock image from the internet.

honestly if someone bought them for 10c each just to recycle the bags and boards I wouldn't mind.

If you're near Marietta, there's a 2nd & Charles, or Dr. No's.

Green text story time
>friend starts collecting floppies before I do
>gets married, wife tells him he has to get rid of all of his comics
>he trades his long box to me for a pair of 10 year old paint balls guns
>in the box are Amazing Spider-Man from Big Time up to the 4th issue of Superior and all of Dan Way's Deadpool ( minus like 12 issues)
>Keep Spider-Man because I actually did enjoy early Slotter-Man
>sell Deadpool for 80 bucks
>guy tips me an extra 20 because I delivered the comics to him myself
>tfw I made 100 dollars off of a shit run like Waypool

Out of those 3000 you must have some key issues, first appearances and whatnot. Wouldn't those fetch more if you sold them by themselves?

Curious because I have about 1800 comics and have shit like first appearance of Deadpool, the Wolverine limited and ongoing series from the 80's, and a bunch of 80's X-Men. I don't want to sell but I feel like the few good books I have would basically bribe the buyer to take the mountain of shitty 90's books I have.

I'm aware of which issues I have that are worth substantially more than the cover price, and I will most likely

I'm more interested in seeing how much this bookstore will offer me for a bunch of completed runs and limited series before before I get too anamoured with the idea of making $20 off a single issue. My philosophie is basically that I have $0 and a bunch of comic books right now when I could have some some dollars and zero comics.

I'm not broke but the money is more useful than comics which are going to sit in my closet for decades.

*most likely pull those aside and sell as many of regular singles as possible.

I have tryed selling mine several times, both as a whole lot for heap and as individuals runs/issues. Around 700 comics (mostly DC, from 00-06 and some older stuff thrown in there, some indie stuff.

Never had any luck, and I just kinda accepted I'm gonna live with those 3 white boxes.

Which I dont mind but I already have a big bookcase collection, so its a bunch uf extra space.

BMV looks great (but I've only visited once) but i'm not sure if they buy singles