Does Marvel even know what it is doing, or what it wants?

Does Marvel even know what it is doing, or what it wants?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nick Spencer doesn't give a shit anymore

He's trolling both sides and enjoying it

It's the sign of a desperation.

Marvel wants the public to like their comics at any cost. The problem is that they have no idea who the public is.

Good. His outputs clearly more fun that way.

>capeshit is shit

news at 11

Their writers are too focused on social media and trying to be relevant to current events instead of actually concentrating on a good story with lasting appeal, it's like current South Park.
The editors don't do jack shit and this is the result.
No order, no quality control, nothing.
At least Moon Knight is good and Nova is solid so far.

The problem isn't just the Multi-culti terrorists, or just the right wing female speaker or Mexifalcon trying to intimidate said woman .

It's that the comic is about any of this shit in the first place.

>Marvel
First of all, you mean Spencer, second of all, he doesn't give a fuck clearly

>you mean Spencer
Whose employer, Marvel, authorized this.

This.

You know what was a good Captain America story? The Syd Shores issue where the Turtle Man causes havoc during Mardi Gras. The Kirby issue where Cap plays baseball. His throwdowns with Schmidt.

Captain America should be focused on telling a good story first and foremost, not addressing social media.

Please stop Marvel intern, I'm not putting the book back on my pull list.

Who was in the right here, Sup Forums?

What is Nick Spencer's endgame?
He hates conservatives, but liberals still hate him.

He's trying to be Gruenwald 2.0 with his run
It's not working

>implying that cap is a frivolous character who has never been effectively used for political analogy

Are you new?

>mostly women and children

Let's just completely ignore the ones with arrest warrants in their home countries and the pregnant women endangering their child to get an anchor baby.

>tfw no Marvel books on my pull
>tfw no Marvel books on my pull in the foreseeable future

I actually thought it would bother me but I just haven't cared about their universe since Secret Wars. It was surprisingly easy to give up Marvel

unfortunately you need competent writers for that

That's just a stereotype.

>Does Marvel even know what it is doing,

Pandering to casuals by using popular trends, buzzwords, and relaunching every comic yearly so they are "easier to get into".

>or what it wants?

Yes, gobs of money.

>Buying comics

Sheeeiiittt, I learned not to do that in 8th grade when my country stopped translate One Piece and I found reliable websites online that let me read it instead. Didn't waste another 35 kr. on another volume ever again.

This is why Spencer is a hack. He attaches sensible arguments to something reprehensible so that he doesn't actually have to address the issues he's raising. It's why so many people found themselves agreeing with the fucking Red Skull

Jesus Christ and they expect people to pay money for this garbage?

Saying they are all criminals is a stereotype

acknowledging that a portion of them disproportionate to the general populace are criminals or parasites isn't

I remember Englehart's Cap, Gruenwald's Cap, and other good runs that did address political matters.

The insane asylum is run by the patients.

>All Republicans are evil

When did politics become a complete joke?

>Adding implications that were not there.
I knew this would happen.

My point is that a good story comes before the politics, and blathering in response to social media rumblings is not the same as effective social commentary. You can make a Cap story that's extremely political or not political ar all, but what matters most is the story at its core. If you undermine or neglect the story to be "real" and "with it" and "make a statement," you're doing it wrong.

When Sam first joined Cap, it wasn't putting the politics first: it was telling an engaging story that was supported by social commentary and socio-political ideas.

You not enjoying it, gringo?

Conquer and divide. Make everything about us vs. them, instead of making a cohesive and productive society.

Well the Snakes are illegally attacking people, so Falcon can defend these people and claim he was acting in self-defence.

So Falcon is legally right.

>Saying they are all criminals is a stereotype

Saying all illegal immigrants are criminals is a fact because they're breaking the law. I'm glad I live in Australia. All illegals who come here get put into offshore camps

>genuinely hurt by the Hydra Cap fiasco

Oh straight, white, conservative Jesus. Do they still think Marvel is permanently making one of their most iconic and marketable characters a Nazi?

Do you have any facts to back that up, Donnie?

To crash the industry with no survivors.

Defending criminals?

Until the day you be sent to one for piracy, kid.

I'm almost as left wing as they come but this ham-fisted nonsense doesn't appeal to anyone with half a brain. And liberals wonder why Hillary lost...

>illegal immigrants

They are by definition.

they're offended by the very idea to begin with.
some of them know it's a gimmick but they still are offended

Wow, it is almost as though you have no idea what the laws are in your own country.

>He said the story comes before politics
>That must mean he thinks the story can't have politics!
I love you, Sup Forums.

Based on what?

Superheroes are vigilantes themselves who """"Attack"""" criminals, based snake bro is no different.

I've been reading on your copyright laws. What a prison you live in.

So who is to blame for you being forever unemployed?

Do you read your posts before you submit them?

>illegally attacking people
Snake guy is detaining them, he's saying so himself.

But what makes you believe I broke a single one of them?

Not an argument.

Get the context, I'm referring to ones that do shit like murder someone in Puerto Rico then run to america because they will never be shipped back home to face a trial. Of course they are all criminals once they cross over but saying that every illegal was a criminal before crossing is a stereotype.

Fuck it though I'm not even american and I think anyone defending illegal entry of their country should just be exiled to one of those shitholes.

Moving the goal post.

Why leave out the part where it turns out the serpents don't actually give a shit about the border and were kidnapping the illegals for Malus?

Spencer is a huge SJW who has gone on record as saying that he literally thinks all Republicans are evil, so it's satisfying to see people turn on him.

See

>It's why so many people found themselves agreeing with the fucking Red Skull
Those scenes were fun, nuMarvel's competency is at the level where they're radical left but they gave turbohitler more sensible arguments than the heroes.

Not only are they retarded, but they're so retarded they fail even at their own retardition, 10/10

Its a gray area. Falcon should defend them, but assuming those people actually are attempting to cross the boarder illegally (its hard to be sure without context), he should prevent that also.

>Spencer is a huge SJW
He also called Bernie Sanders an NRA hack

>refuses to answer
Pathetic.

Not an argument.

What he should do is stop the crazed gunmen then call ICE to deport them.

Sure is comics and cartoons in here.

But... isn't that what the red skull does? Use populist arguments to manipulate the masses into doing what he wants and only what he wants?

Well except for the fact that they can't use self-defence in court.

The detention is illegal, so Falcon can legally help them escape.

I can't tell if you're trying to disagree with me because your tone sounds anti but your saying exactly what I said.

Careful mate. With "Arguments" like this people may mistake you for Nick Spencer

Pity, I was wondering who do you blame your permavirginity on.

And how about? How is being a faggot? I can use your retarded rhetoric too with the same effect.

>huge SJW
He's worse
He's a former politician

Spencer also hits a nerve, huh?

Marvel is real good at showing how bad the people saying the right things are in the next couple of pages just so their readers know that they're the bad guys despite being rationale.

Not an argument friendo. I rather be a permavirgin than an idiot.

No, just your stupidity.

I almost wouldn't believe you, but there were a tweet from him earlier in the thread of him saying exactly that.

>admits he's a permavirgin
>he cannot even blame illegals for that
>even worse, he's Australian
My advice? Get off that prison island and get a life.

>its hard to be sure without contex

It's pretty clear that's what's happening.

Oh man, the people getting triggered over this are halarious, I mean they are honestly taking this seriously?

Yeah it is. we're discussing a comic.

Where did he run for office and what position? Because it matters where?

What are you talking about? We're very clearly talking about comics, their pubblsiher and writers too. Not our fault Marvel made them so political.

No "we" aren't.

Why should I take advice from someone who projects so much? Maybe you need to get your life sorted first

>You only talking to one person

Most Superheroes can't use self-defense either, with the number of times they attack robbers fleeing from a crime scene.

How aren't we?

>" After another pitch was rejected, this time by Oni Press, Spencer went on to work in politics. He twice ran for the Cincinnati City Council as a candidate of the progressive Charter Party. Spencer also worked for a Democratic politician

Yes (((we))) are.

How much can a robber fight back against Thor, or even spider-man?

Puerto Rico is US territory, though. They'd be moving legally and still fall under the US jurisdiction.
Now, if you would've said "Honduras" or "Guatemala" you'd be right.

You're talking to at least 3 people. Hilariously the two people you responded to in that post we're not me, the Australian

Spencer is insanely bad at this shit, he cant have any argument with anyone without trying to paint them as cartoony super villains, his arguments on twitter are hilarious due to this, its like some kind of bullied teenager that suddenly found fame so he thinks he can order his pack to attack people that disagree with him online, and when that fails, he just writes them as crazy retards.

His conservative treatment already showed a bit of this but hes going ham on the lefties now.

>Rejected by Oni Press

No wonder he's so bitter

>DC comics
>it's been months since rebirth and there's barely if any references to politics and elections
>Marvel comics
>it's been a year nonstop of referencing real life and garbage politics in 90% of their books

I guess people just like DC comics now because they form a sense of escapism without resorting to remind people of real life now.

He needs to go back.

Yes, almost like he's some sort of Nazi, a party that rose to power through the same methods.

>The detention is illegal,
But it's not.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Citizen's_arrest_in_the_United_States

I think the point is that Nick Spencer has not changed his ways after his days as a politician.

We're talking about illegals.

Too late, Aussie permavirgin.