What went wrong with marvel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/ZwOxM0-byvc
youtu.be/hpWYtXtmEFQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Disney

they stopped shooting on film

What's the word....
Like back when there were too many hair bands who looked the same and followed the same formula? Over saturation of the market?

Look at how good this armor is

It was durable too
It had a good suit up, not some magical 'metal out of nothing ' shit.

Fuck, I hate the mcu

Over saturation of superhuman characters and bloated ensemble casts. It's counterintuitive to have additional heroes showing up in a titular character's solo movies post-Avengers.

I like you fellow film fag.

ain't gotta try when you makin' a billion irregardless

They fired Jim Shooter.

Generic plots
Cosplay tier costumes
Cringe dialogue
No good music
Bad fight scenes
Quips

The films became manufactured and focused more on being made on time. I mean, they're pushing for three films a year like an assembly line.

and yet they're still better than anything put out by any other company especially WB/DC

same with Star Wars

nice to know im not alone

shill harder. no one believes your lies

>Hey at least it's better than this other stuff nobody mentioned, r-right guys?

> fighting someone in a melee battle with a bow
> deliberately entering melee range with a bow
> two normal humans fighting among Iron Man, Scarlet Witch and Autismo who by all means should be able to kill them with the flick of a finger

never made a single movie that isn't certified fresh and a massive box office success

cry harder DC losers

The first Iron Man is overrated.

Why are you trying to start shit?
Just fuck off.

mortality is ambiguous in the MCU. You can be flung against a wall, and slide across some glass and get up.

>literally admitting to being a shill

There's nothing to cry about, you people have fallen so far you have no argument anymore other than "MONEY BABY, I EAT SHIT AND LIKE IT CAUSE THE MEDIA TELLS ME TOO!"

youtu.be/ZwOxM0-byvc
This scene was hype as fuck. Especially at 0:30.

i agree with all of that bar costumes, the outfits in Strange where great as was Black Panther in CW

how does he have so much room in that helmet?

Civil War has some good shots.

that's from the first Avengers though

I can see how you could forget it being an MCU movie and all

He's a manlet.

>that's from the first Avengers though
No it isn't. It's from Civil War.

user that's from the final battle of Civil War.

Just because Doomsday was a misbegotten mistake doesn't mean you have to lie about Marvel movies user.

Are you implying that the CGI on the top is better than the CGI on the bottom?

Because it isn't. The lighting is, due to how the shot is frames (which makes this comparison retarded,) but the CGI in the original Iron Man was questionable at times.

>500+ lb suit landing on a dirt surface with no impact marks or sand kicking up.
My ass

That said, Mark III is the 2nd best MCU armor.

nah that's from the battle of new york they use it to bounce the beam to hit the aliens

I can't believe I remember these movies better than you people do

God the cuts in this clip are so fucking jarring. It's so obvious that every shot of Renner fighting is against Scarjo's stunt double, but with every shot of Scarjo fighting it's against Renner's double. You can even see Renner's double's face clearly in shots, usually they at least try to cover the face, shot from the back, etc, but they just fucking keep full shots of the stunt double in. This is CW/Arrow tier.

the cinematography gets better as it goes, it suffers from the modern day handheld trend, which i hope will die soon. TRACKS AND TRIPODS AND STEADYCAM MASTER RACE BITCH

Airport Fight v Battle for New York is tough

Seems like everyone is these days.

The biggest problem is not that they stopped using film, but that they refuse to properly color correct their movies.

They became too popular, which triggers Sup Forums.

The turnaround began with "The Avengers" and was cemented with "Guardians of the Galaxy".

Sup Forumsntrarians have now elected Disney the boogeyman so they're allowed to like at least the Phase 1 entries without losing their cred.

die juden

It is, but that's mainly cause they know their formula and play it safe enough. The problem with WB is that they are rushing things. Instead of doing a logical buildup, it's just running head first into the madness.

>tfw Iron Man's one of my least favourite MCU movies
It's a preddy comfy feel

they realized they didn't have to try anymore. if they had something weird like Iron man and RDJ were in 08 they would have to be creative to get it going. same with GotG which was the last marvel movie that felt like it was trying. (and yall liked it before it became mainstream). Ant-Man was when they realized they could sacrifice creativity for marketing and it would still sell

The box office seems to. :^P
That said yeah I'd rather watch the entire DCEU slate than Rogue fucking One.

>same with GotG which was the last marvel movie that felt like it was trying. (and yall liked it before it became mainstream).

I never liked it, and I still feel like a minority on that. It always felt like le funny Star Wars movie with le cute mascots for the kiddies, don't give a fuck about Gaurdians, never have, and never liked that movie

And they run the wrong way every fucking time.
DC's strength is the unique tones of their separate stories. The director driven model is a perfect concept IF YOU USE APPROPRIATE FUCKING DIRECTORS
HE DOESN'T EVEN BELIEVE IN ALTRUISM HOW DO YOU PUT A MAN WHO DOESN'T BELIEVE IN ALTRUISM ON SUPERMAN FUCK

and the first?

Spider-Man went wrong. Spider-Man is a complete faggot who ruined every scene he was in.

Fuck the studio for forcing that shit character into Cap's movie, and it's only going to get worse from here. Now that Marvel has their money making prostitute, they're going to get even lazier with the movies.

holy shit i'm just taking the bait. Are you fucking retarded? It's from Civil War.

Nah, GotG didn't feel like SW. I'm one of the few that never really liked it much. Actually, I didn't care for it because everyone and their fucking mom acted like it was the next Star Wars, the next big space opera. I expected some god-tier worldbuilding, I wanted to be pulled into the universe of cosmic Marvel. I wanted to be awed with a sense of wonder. I got, instead, pretty much your typical 'Rag-tag bunch of misfits band together to save the world' plot, but in space. The universe they showed wasn't even that cool imo.

Anyway, people bitch and complain about some legitimate grievances, like Marvel movies becoming more cookie-cutter (for the most part), a lack of good, memorable music, antagonists being a bit on the generic side and being killed off in each movie, and endless quips, but at least their movies are generally still 'good'. Safe, maybe, but Marvel knows how to strike a balance between making each movie stand on its own while connecting it to the larger universe as a whole. Not only that, but they're generally competent as movies. That's way more than I can say about the DCEU.

here's the part right here

Pump the breaks, are you saying Ant-Man wasn't creative?

Iron Man is great up until the Iron Monger fight

The ending is great too

Huh.

Dumbass aside, those shots are kinda similar, for a few frames.

Not a film expert, what's wrong with the bottom pic?

Cap's shield is just so ridiculously inconsistent. It reflects beams in Avengers, but doesn't in Civil War.

In the top image: use of depth, camera focus, and framing makes for an interesting image, with the glow of the eyes and Arc reactor against a much darker armor stand out. The environment feels gritty and the explosion is not clean, you can actually see heat hazes with the focus difference. Body language on Iron Man seems tired and dulled, but still cold and human.
Bottom: Colors very muted and unified, meaning nobody really stands out. Realism sure, but not very interesting to see.Every point of interest is on the same line, a very flat, symmetrical and boring "here's the team" moneyshot with nothing really standing out. The largest object onscreen is a plane that doesn't factor into anything and in fact distracts and pulls the eye off of the picture. Body language all around is standing, perhaps trying to make something of an impression which fails completely. Everyone standing the same way does not a dynamic teamshot make.

You're right, but for the wrong reasons. Cap's shield is super inconsistent in the MCU, but your example actually makes sense. In Avengers he angled his shield and himself so the beam would sort of ricochet at a 45 degree angle outward. In CW him and Tony were directly facing each other, no angling, the beam had no where to go but disperse parallel to the shield

>This thread again

3D films don't need to use shot composition to create depth, and having the figure's body partially offscreen (as in the top image) is disorienting when a 3D effect is involved.

youtu.be/hpWYtXtmEFQ

>airport fight is one of the most lauded scenes in the film
>Sup Forums hates it and tries to meme it to death solely because of the establishing shots
>nearly every example used to disparage the film is a shot taken from a trailer
really tickles the ol grey matter

YOU LITERALLY JUST WATCHED THE FUCKING VIDEO AND THINK YOU'RE EXPERT

why try when it makes money and "critics" like it???

I mean the movies aren't bad but they are fairly bland (which is weird considering the source material)

(Except for Civil War which was actually a poorly made film and legitimately a chore to sit through...but generally their movies are fine)

>sacrificing fidelity of the camerawork and framing for a fucking gimmick
3D filming is a mistake.

Digital + Lazy post-prod
But hey, black widow vomiting will still rake millions so why bother?

Fuck off

no, it was the canary in the coal mine for executive meddling. like there were really good parts but as a whole it fell sorta flat for me

Calm down, aspie. You don't need to be an expert to notice their colors are off. Everything looks gray and washed-off since they switched to digital.

MCU is crap on a cracker? Marvel is shit-tier?

>box office
>rotten tomatoes
I'm confused.
I could have sworn I clicked Sup Forums not Sup Forums

I'm worried the MCU is getting too bloated for it's own good.

I dunno why people use Rotten Tomatoes like it's an objective indicator of quality. Ghostbusters 2016, Force Awakens, Revenge of the Sith and Brave all have positive scores.

Let's put this into perspective

DC movies fall apart because of childish over-excitement by the directors that blows away any chance of making a coherent film, plus shit tons of executive meddling which ruins any semblance of creativity that the director aimed for in the editing room

Marvel movies fall apart because execs are leading the charge and are getting way excited at the possibility of having three box office smash hits that make a billion dollars each per year, plus the directors are just looking to follow the familiar playbook and hope that fans are happy with appearances of favorite characters rather than challenging and engaging films

One suffers from a lack of ability to create a cinematic vision without going overboard plus lots of meddling, the other suffers from the fact that the execs don't "meddle" because they were always guiding the vision and have nobody on the filming end that even wants to make something new

Both are just completely adrift

>DC movies fall apart because of childish over-excitement by the directors
>Man who doesn't believe in Altruism in charge of Superman
>"childish over-excitement"

He doesn't, it's the holographic HUD that looks like it has depth.

"Childish over-excitement" implies an inability to rein in one's vision, you guinea fuck.

I see.

But user, the above picture is a "cool guys don't look at explosions" scene, made to look cool. The bottom one is a random shot with moving characters OP chose a random frame from.

>Man who doesn't believe in Altruism

"That’s an amazing thought. If one country or person had all of that power, the rest of us would be scared to death of what he might do with it. America has a lot of power now and is forcefully trying to police a world that can’t realistically be beaten into being a better place. So imagine Superman is real and has all the power of a dominant country…and he actually uses it the right way and for the good of mankind. Is that believable? Maybe. Maybe not. Is that kind of integrity common in today’s world? No freaking way. If he were real, Superman the person, would become what Superman the character, is today…A punching bag for the jealous, untrusting, jaded, and unworthy. We wouldn’t even believe him when he said he didn’t want to rule us. We’d doubt him. We’d suspect he was lying. We’d fear and hate him. We’d say he was “full of it” simply because we HAD to believe it. After all, if he’s actually telling the truth and he’s actually that good…what does that make us? That insecurity and mistrust is not his fault. It’s ours."

I wish this wasn't true but it really is.

>you are now aware that you can replace "Superman" with "Donald Trump" and it would be 100% correct

Now it's a party.

I feel like there was some cherry picking involved in that pic OP.

whait till they go fot the nanomachines armor

>same with Star Wars

Nigga even the blandest MCU entry is better than TFA and the other shit they're serving.

No fear, Agents of SHIELD and the Netflix series are functionally non-canon

Too bad about Netflix.

I don't understand the kino meme on tv. What the fuck is kino?

>Agents of SHIELD
since when it's not canon? I'm pretty sure the first 2 seasons are canon at least

90% of opinions on Sup Forums now come from paid viral marketers who want to influence public perceptions about one thing or another

I remember many months before Civil War was out that everyone in here already "decided" to hate it, because it looked bland or something from the 5 second teaser trailers they saw before. And how excited they were for BvS

SHIELD and Netflix all canon. They'll just never cross over with the movies.

That's just typical Sup Forums myopia. I had the exact opposite experience on Sup Forums and recall far more shitposting about BvS than Civil War. Civil War still had shitposting, but it was on a completely different level than BvS. The kind of shitposting was different too. Just typical MCU flamebait, while BvS was drowning in DCEU fans getting swamped and radicalized by people continuing the MoS hatetrain.

They didn't have to try to get people to watch it, they can put out whatever

Someone chose a good pic for the top one and a shorty one for the bottom to cherry pick

Casuals have shit taste?

It's like a foreign word for a phenomenal movie but I can't imagine anyone uses it outside of shitposting anymore.

>being that butt blasted

Jesus, this fucking camera.

Every time I watch Guardians I like it a little less. At this point it is hovering just above the first Avengers when it started as my second favorite.

Top is Paramount. Bottom is Disney.

What did go wrong? The Suit CG in Iron Man 1 and 2 looked amazing, but now it looks so fake.

New ones got too much yellow, and less mech to look at.