Are you afraid of death Sup Forums? If not, why?

Are you afraid of death Sup Forums? If not, why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yxcEErltAfU
youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3ak72wOnQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

What are you gonna do, you know?

There is no point for the self after death. It is like a switch and once it turns off..

Yes because im almost certain I am going to hell.

Wise words. Do not fear what you cannot change.

I'm excited to figure out that great mystery but at the same time, I'm scared that my soul will be damned, or that something messed up will happen like the kikes were making up religion all along and when we die we all go to Hell or something.

In the most realistic immediate way I'm very scared of the pain.

No. Stopped being scared after blowing my mind with outrageous doses of various psychedelics many times. Thought I was dead a bunch of times and it wasn't bad.

Also I hate my life so death is whatever. I figure we just go to black nothingness.

i always tell my self im not afraid of death, but how i die. like drowning, suffocating, burning and that stuff would be horrible, other than that i believe i would handle it.

but than again i never was in a live or death situation and will only know for sure how i will react when it is time

I'm not afraid of dying, i'm afraid of being forgotten.

because its inevitable ?

Not really.
Not a fan of not being with my family and friends. But it's not something worth worrying about either.

I try to be a good person, help folks out, and if that's not enough for whatever higher power (if they exist) then I was doomed anyway.

I wouldn't worry about that. We all will be.

The black nothingness is what scares me the most. Do you think it's like before you were born? Or do you believe it to be something entirely different, I mean you never had a consciousness or existed before you were born, but having existed and than losing your life, do you think it could be different?

Not afraid, just butthurt about mortality.

youtube.com/watch?v=yxcEErltAfU

No i do not fear death.

“Death is nothing to us, since when we are, death has not come, and when death has come, we are not”

Death, be not proud, though some have called thee
Mighty and dreadful, for thou art not so;
For those whom thou think'st thou dost overthrow
Die not, poor Death, nor yet canst thou kill me.
From rest and sleep, which but thy pictures be,
Much pleasure; then from thee much more must flow,
And soonest our best men with thee do go,
Rest of their bones, and soul's delivery.
Thou art slave to fate, chance, kings, and desperate men,
And dost with poison, war, and sickness dwell,
And poppy or charms can make us sleep as well
And better than thy stroke; why swell'st thou then?
One short sleep past, we wake eternally
And death shall be no more; Death, thou shalt die.

I am not afraid of death.
I came close to losing my life from an awful illness - septicaemia, it's poisoning of the blood. My wife is a doctor and cared for me. she kept saying "not yet". She kept repeating those words. God bless her. She kept me alive.
I was wrecked. Eventually I came round. I remember having a thirst for gallons of water, a fierce thist. After a couple of days, I was back on my feet.
I can recall wanting to just let go and go into the void. No feeling, no care. Just nothing. A numbness.
Death is all our fate. It's inevitable.

I try my best to be a good person, so that when the flame of life leaves me, then I want to know that I've left this world better than when I found it.
I love my wife and kids, friends and family.
Complete love. I hope to die a good death whenever it's time to leave.

You've got a thing for Kirsten Stewart?

We're not supposed to stay here slaving. That's the biggest secret/redpill.

who isn't afraid of death is either lying or mentally incapable

Everyone fears death someday , fear of death is just a state of mind

No, it's good to know that there is a way out.

It's inevitable.
Why bother fearing something that will happen any way?

I don't like the thought of dying because I'm uncomfortable with the notion of losing my conscious mind. We're all incapable of comprehending what a state of non-existence might be like. Despite life's ups and downs, I generally enjoy being alive and want to live my life for as long as I can. Imagining it being cut short is unpleasant, because I'd miss out on much of what I've wanted to do. I'd feel bad for my family and friends, but ultimately, I wouldn't be around to recognize any of what I'd missed. I'd just be gone - not even off in some black void where nothing ever happens, but just gone.

Why fear the inevitable?

Its cliche as fuck but the only thing to fear is not living a life that spreads itself to all those that it possibly can.. through friendships and family.

This. People who say they aren't are either lying or not able to grasp the concept of actually dying.

>tfw almost died once in vehicle accident
>tfw survived
>tfw never felt fear about death from then on

because 72 virgins dude

I can't wait, not in a depressed way but in a curious way. I get exited just thinking about it.

Both are inevitable

Because i want to kill myself but don't want to go to hell.

>t. Christcuck

You aren't afraid because you are young and healty, but if you were close to death, you would feel different, pondering about the after life 24/7, it eats away your soul, makes you an empty husk.

Will die eventually and I'm not shielding mysef thinking it won't be painful, so no, not afraid of it, maybe will piss and shit myself in fear when I die, don't care atm.

Just because we're not scared of death doesn't mean that we don't have moments where our chests seize up at the thought as well.

No one is immune to the realities of death BUT some of us aren't driven by the fear.

I'm glad death exists

I'm not afraid of death in the slightest, every thing that's ever lived in the universe will die. Also I was dead before I was born so It's not even going to be something new.

yes, but only for my family members. The idea of me dying seems too far away to worry about it

I'm afriad of death and how that'll come abouts, and I'm even more afraid that, far from death, I'll be dragged through hell of someone else's making and be denied the sweet relief of death.

But as I've sat looking in on Western society and our rusting values, I'm hard pressed not to find any reason to live outside of being there for when the Happening arrives. I'm growing tired of living and damn near hoping for another World War, so I can dedicate my life to something that I consider worth dying for--even if it's just for the fight and not to protect some sheltered safe-space faggots back home.

Yes and no. But I think the fear comes from not knowing what to expect. I'm sure like many people say, it's like returning to the state you were in before you were born. But now I'm like a switch that stay on once it's been flipped. Then again, this world has nothing to offer me beyond selfish pursuits and materialism.

youtube.com/watch?v=Dc3ak72wOnQ

I am. I'm afraid I picked the wrong religion and whatever God exists in the beyond will condemn me to Eternal Oblivion.

I can only hope the Atheists are right.

Pretty much this.

Everytime I think about the concept of non existance shortly before I can grasp it it feels like every cell in my body would stir against this thought,

It feels kinda weird.

>afraid of being forgotten
Who fucking cares. You are dead and won't be able to give a shit and even if you could give a shit you probably still wouldn't give a shit in your new life/after life

No, I'm not afraid of death. I am, however, deeply afraid of dying.

I welcome it, all edginess aside.

Because whats the point of fearing the inevitable? Come to terms with god and the universe, and jesus christ and you will be saved.

Repent, be grateful, and when your day comes to depart this world, you will understand why.
or you will just die, and thats it, in which case i would curse this existence with every atom in my being, and the plague that is consciousness.

No, Kek will absolve me

>some of us aren't driven by the fear
That is a different matter entirely

No I'm not afraid of death.

I'm afraid of not living.

The combination of atoms composing your brain (aka you) will be rebuilt by randomness over and over and over again with each cosmic cycle.

Rebirth.

but you wont remember your past life right?

And are you rejecting a divine being at control of these "rebirths" ?

Because I know where I'm going.

There was a guy on /out/ that told a story which he drowned kayaking, and was rescued after passing out. He told that after the desperation phase it was not bad, when the water enteted the lungs, felt pretty sweet.

I'm actually really really curious about what happens, looking foward to it when the time finally comes after this run is finished.

cuz I'm an edgemaster, i post pictures of animals being hurt, it doesn't affect me cuz I'm cold, and that's what you need to succeed in this world, survival of the fittest

the moment of death itself will no doubt be terrible, and this is apparent to those who watch these ISIS videos with a conscience

but that word "conscience" is the key, if you believe life is a matter of pleasing yourself, then do so completely, if you believe life is a matter of proving your spiritual worth, then do so completely

complete distraction, complete devotion to your beliefs is the only way to escape the fear of death

Not anymore, it is a part of life. I am more depressed I won't get to live to see what comes next.

>And are you rejecting a divine being at control of these "rebirths" ?
Why would you need that?

nah it's cool

as long as i don't get smashed by a bus i'm okay with it

You die, that's what happens.

Clearly you've never experienced any serious injuries, illnesses, unconsciousness, anything like that. Otherwise you would know what it's like to get closer to death.

You will feel the life force escape from your body. You know what it's like when you're dizzy / light headed / struggling for breath? Dying will be like that. You will feel weak. The vigour will slowly escape you, until your body doesn't have the energy and strength to keep operating.

Also watch some of the ISIS videos, like the recent one of the guys being beheaded. That should give you some sort of idea what dying is like.

Yes not everybody dies that violently, but even if you don't die violently, you will still experience that same sensation of the life force escaping your body. "Life force" of course isn't actually a thing, I'm just using an expression. In reality it's just the sensation of your body weakening, giving up, not being able to continue.

>who isn't afraid of death is either lying or mentally incapable
Being scared of of dying is different then being scared of death. Im not scared of deatg but am of dying because you're right, its hardwired into our brains to fear dying its what keeps us alive.

Before anyone jumps on "You know what it's like when you're dizzy / light headed / struggling for breath? Dying will be like that."

I should have said "dying will be like that, but worse."

People fear the unknown, and death is the greatest unknown we can fathom.

That said, once you accept that death is the only guarantee in your life, you can accept it for what it is - an inevitability - an no longer be afraid by it.

No point being scared of something that is destined to happen to every living being. You were born to die.

You have no idea what it is, the same as everyone else.

See

This.

Death is the opposite end of the meme that is life.

Life is a meme

>death is the greatest unknown we can fathom.
How? We know what happens when we die, nothing.

I have faith that in an infinite universe with infinite time my consciousness could be awakened again somehow.

Yes, but a lot of people don't realize this, hence their apprehension and fear.

Such bullshit. We know nothing about this existence other than the feeble tools we have to look out at that infinite universal expanse. We're a cloud of countless organisms held together to achieve a single conciousness in harmony, when that disperses no one can claim to know what happens next.

Yeah I do actually, it's like dying, watch some fucking ISIS videos if you want to know what dying is like

You say "I'm curious what happens" because you're a fucking atheist redditor moron who thinks that some supernatural amazing science shit is going to happen, like you'll see the entire fucking cosmos in your mind. No, you won't.

You will die. That's what it's like. Watch some fucking ISIS videos then come back here because you're clearly a fucking moron for thinking "WOW I'M SO CURIOUS SOMETHING AMAZING'S GOING TO HAPPEN I CAN'T WAIT"

Whatever wild guess makes you feel comfortable user. You know shit the same as everyone else.

You are a fucking moron

not afraid of death, to me life is just a cycle, and it is silly to want to live forever, I want my biomass to be re assimilated into the earth

what I am afraid of is suffering

fuck being in pain

I'm afraid of the time leading up to death. For now I do not worry, but I look back and realize that the same way I look back at my youth today, I'll some day look back at my 50s.

You're a fucking retard for thinking the body is relevant when death comes.

>WOW SOME AMAZING SHIT IS GOING TO HAPPEN

>WOW WE'RE ALL A SINGLE CONSCIOUSNESS

>WOW THIS IS AMAZING

>WOW DO YOU SEE THE PINK ELEPHANT user? LOOK IT'S FLYING!

Go back to your psychedelics you hippy cunt. You don't have a single clue what you're talking about because you've never looked at proper gore, proper violence, proper death.

Hahahaha you fucking moron

Keep posting pictures of broken vessels you poor blue pilled faggot :^)

This is the best answer...
Regardless of thought, you can neither prove not disprove the existence of a higher being, nor is there any purpose in being terrified or unafraid of death. The only thing we can do is live a moral life and then see what is at the end... Asking "God" for genuine forgiveness and acceptance is always a good idea regardless of your beliefs...

>Die
>Come back
>Only you can't remember the last time you were alive
fuck you too universe

"Every man dies two deaths. Once when his body is buried, the second when his name is said for the last time." or something like that.

Fear of death keeps me alive. I enjoy having considerations about things, and just thinking in general. If I thought I could still do those things after I died, I'd shoot myself right now. :^)

I do, but not because of twilight. I like the other movies she does. First saw her in Speak and liked her acting.

Afraid of death no, unless you're refering to a physical painful death.

I'm afraid of inexistence, what if there's nothing to the other side? What if we are just a functional organism, no soul, no spirituality, no higher plane, just dissapeareance after death.

I've forgotten what life was like before the last time I died.

She's gorgeos. And she's an intp, like me.

Becoming an atheist made me unafraid of death

>what if there's nothing to the other side? What if we are just a functional organism, no soul, no spirituality, no higher plane, just dissapeareance after death.
Then there is nothing to fear.

hahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

>YOU'RE SO BLUE PILLED BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT A MIDDLE CLASS CODDLED FAG WHO DOES PSYCHEDELICS TO REBEL AGAINST HIS PARENTS LIKE ME

F U C K I N G
U
C
K
I
N
G

K E K
E
K

ability to die is a great gift. compared to virtual hell that's coming, just to think the amount of future suffering makes my skin crawl

no i am not afraid of death, because i am not a left wing parasite and will go into heaven

No, all I do everyday is sit at my desk and stare at a computer.

If there is nothing then we will not know and we will feel nothing as we slip into inexsistance. If their is something on the otherwise that is all inclusive regardless of belief we will be there and exist in that plane... If their is something on the other side that is modeled after a religion (New Testament Christianity is the most morally profound of monotheistic religions so I believe in that modeled) then we must choose to accept that as our saving grace for the next...

This. Psychedelic fags are the worst

DMT melted away my fear of death.

At least you'll never know, since it isn't possible to experience it.

I am quite sure she is a bit autistic as well. yeah and she is gorgeous.