Everyone assblasted over Nick Spencer's bombshells joke

>Everyone assblasted over Nick Spencer's bombshells joke
>Meanwhile DC had a Social Justice Warrior villain that was played completely straight and everyone was cool with it.

Right now comic twitter seems focused on attacking CBLDF

Yeah because he was compelling, fun, and had aspects to him besides "SJW". Raptor's the best Nightwing villain in FOREVER.

Because the SJWs only care about Marvel because of the movies and the fact that they pandered to them for so long.

I love how both sides got asshurt.

>CBLDF

The hell is that?

Comic Book Legal Defense Fund, it's a group that raises money through out the year to help fund legal fees for comic creators and comic shops

>a Social Justice Warrior villain

I don't read Nightwing, what's this about? Is this Raptor guy like... a pansexual transginger muffinkin that only kills cis white men?

interesting. What went wrong?

Anarky is the only acceptable Social Justice Villain.

he's a gypsy

They backed a statement about free speech in support of Milo's book deal. I haven't actually read the statement, but it meant a ton of people went after the CBLDF and a ton of people started arguing with those people.

... that's it? How is it equivalent to Marvel's buzz-word spouters?

...and gypsies are big on social justice? I don't get it.

He's gypsy that stole shit with Dick's mom because fuck the establishment and tried to kill Bruce because he white washed Dick's culture.

They defended Simon and Schuster from threats of boycotting because one of S&S's imprints is publishing a book by Milo Yiannopoulos

>played completely straight
Exactly
Raptor was a villain, with a plan and a story and a sensible reason, instead of some three page throwaway gag villain that only serve to provoke a reaction

>I haven't actually read the statement
The main point of the statement was essentially that toxic views shouldn't be hidden and allowed to fester but should be in the light where they can be debated

>and a sensible reason

Nothing about his motivation or plans made any sense. He was entertaining though.

Sensible is a bad choice of word
I was thinking something along the line of "not full retard"

>Anarky is the only acceptable Social Justice Villain.

THIS!

I haven't read the Nightwing one, but Bombshells was a very lazy and unfunny attempt at political commentary and lacked any subtlety at all. Since this Raptor guy appears to be played straight and possibly have an actual goal/motivation for their actions, he's already a better character.

That doesn't even make any sense, nor do I understand how this issue was relevant to the comics medium for the CBLDF to feel like they needed to make a statement.

Because DC mostly stopped trying to pander to the SJWs and, surprise, they left DC alone because no one at DC cares. But Marvel is hellbent on burying themselves even deeper in the SJW grave and as we all know by now you can't ever fully please those faggots. DC could put out a comic that was nothing but SJW bashing and you'd barely hear a peep from them because they know DC doesn't care how much they complain anymore.

This is actually pretty awesome. Nightwing could end up being one of the only New52/Rebirth series I actually grab the trades of. His old series, despite Dick being one of my favorites, was very, very 90s and not as fun as I'd have liked.

lol only SJWs could view a homosexual jew who fucks black men as a nazi hitler monster.

Dick's a gypsy? Being an acrobat in the circus means what now?

Whats this bombshell thing that everyone keeps mentioning

Dick's a gypsy by blood.

Huh? Spencer made fun of that DC Bombshells garbage? Why would anyone care about that?

No, the name is just a coincidence.

See:

And PPG had one before either of them, and played it for lesson rather than satire OR strawman.
Based Faust/McCracken.

Dick being romani is something that was established a long time ago.

1. It makes total sense. The fuck man??
2. They talk about it because of the whole "First the came for the X" sort of notion. Head off censor ship at the neighboring pass before it nears your valley.

Yup. Idiot writers don't do their research and thought gypsies being acrobats in a circus is an actual thing. Most just went along with ti because "diversity" and since romani "people" have no land and shit then they can just be considered an exotic race that our readers don't know shit about anyway.

because being a SJW wasn't his main motivation and gimmick