Would cartoon versions of anime work?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY
youtube.com/watch?v=bWa4edbEjMM
youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Hge38AkFg
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Toon_Adventures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>putting Mercury's hair on that garbage pile Mars.

Not even once.

they can't even have sexy henshins in western cartoons and that's the most important part

Sure they're both animated by Asians anyway.

Would anime versions of cartoons work?

Would a cartoon anime work?

Was this the only time a cartoon adaptation beat anime at their own game?

technically yes, however culturally not. Culturally as in the way modern cartoons are being treated and seen as.

Extremely well. If not for the west we wouldn't have this. youtube.com/watch?v=e8um1N78AhY

Isn't Gem essentially a magical girl?

I'm glad this and Doozy bots didn't take off

Reminder that this exists.
youtube.com/watch?v=bWa4edbEjMM

>short haired mars
>tranny venus
>WE WUZ KANGS jupiter
>Usagi looks like a She-Ra rip off

>there are people who think Panty wasn't the superior, hotter, sexier of the two sisters

Or the opposite.

I personally think that they would not, but if a studio such a Studio Mir, which colaborates greatly with American studios, or something done by Titmouse could work. I would enjoy to see Sailor Moon in a ATLA kind of style. It all depends. Its better to take inspiration and build upon with, like VLD does with the original Voltron and Post-Evangelion Mechas.

Stocking is a fat a bitch and also a agent of Satan, I don't understand how anyone could like her

Isn't Kaijudo owned by Hasbro? I can't believe there was never a Magic the Gathering cartoon instead. It prints money.

You need to see the actual promo they made for it to get the full effect: youtube.com/watch?v=Q7Hge38AkFg

We already have a topic about why this is a god awful idea and why it makes Bob Clampett turn in his grave.
No, this is why.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powerpuff_Girls_Z
Been done.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiny_Toon_Adventures
NO! OH PLEASE GOD NO!
Dude, Mir is not only garbage but is Flimation 2.0, we want Termite Terrace 3.0, not Filmation 2.0.

Also shows like Voltron:LD & Avatar/Korra make Tex Avery turn in his grave.

>blacks in my animes
no
never

Came here to post this

>I don't actually watch anime.

The ending isn't canon.

>there are people who think Panty wasn't the superior, hotter, sexier of the two sisters
that sounds like something a slutty bitch would say.

>muh less slutty(and therefore a virgin in my mind) wifu

If no one has read the manga version of Star Wars I recommend it.

It's flipped and has English sound effects added in but still enjoyable, sometimes it's bad ass (Obi-wan drawing his lightsaber like a samurai) sometimes it's cute (the droids, Jawas, Leia and Luke) and sometimes it even adds stuff like the Jawas getting stopped by the Stormtroopers, the Death Star arriving in the skies of Alderaan like a lightning bolt, and Boba Fett and Han staring each other down on Tatooine.

I'm a big fan of Sailor Moon, and while this certainly would've been interesting, I don't think that it would've done anywhere near as well. The big thing about Sailor Moon was just how different it was, both from the general western cartoons and from the shonen anime that was becoming popular at the time. A western-directed Sailor Moon, aimed at young girls, likely would've just been another Jem and the Holograms: remembered by a few but otherwise forgotten.

Overall though, sure. You could make a western cartoon based off an anime and it could work as well as any other western cartoon. Or if you are talking about anime-inspired western cartoons, then there are a bunch of anime-inspired stuff already coming out of France.

you know shit about anime then

I think trey confirmed that Stocking is not a virgin
just less promiscuous

>a western cartoon based off an anime
that is basically the entirety of the Voltron franchise as well as the Astro Boy movie

There's loads

>it's more likely than you think

>I haven't watched anime in the last 30 years, or ever
they even show up in slice of life shows as students and such.

Honestly I just like tits and stocking has better tits. Not everyone is coming up worth deep meanings for why they like characters.

>jojofag

Say whaaat?

please tell me the guys is called Lagoon

Dutch, actually.

>what is fullmetal alchemist brotherhood
>what is black lagoon
>what is stein's;gate
>what is SAO Abridged
>what is YGOTAS; the ebonics translator episode

>throwing the white boy into the water

Might as well have taken a doberman off his leash.

>boy
it's a girl

Cowboy Bebop, Sakamichi No Apollon, Tiger X Bunny, One Punch Man

That's what Duel Masters was supposed to be.

>tiger x bunny
I'm glad you ship that too, user

Why does Sup Forums only watch anime made in the last 10 years?

Been playing too many crossover games, but sure.

not an insult