Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnUO6Ey70qI
youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU
youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHdsUkxMw
youtu.be/311sMMSEErI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>roundabout going to the right

Literally what the fuck.

It's normal in counties with right-sided traffic.

Either of you been to Spain? They have pedestrian crossings literally just off a roundabout, it's the most retarded fucking thing in the universe and it's dangerous. Fucking spics.

Spain can't into infrastructure.

fuck off, you wish you had the civil engineering tech and how to we have.

Been to seattle and that shitty city you call edimburg working for my company and your civil engineers are complete retards. Literal utter retards compared to even the worst of the bottom in my company and isnt even a big one.

Seattle has tons of hills, trees and water to work around. The plains of Spain are literally nothing.

>to the right
You mean counter-clockwise? On that note, I've seen a roundabout in Macedonia that goes clockwise although they drive on the right side of the road.

Behold the Father of all roundabouts!

>plains
>spain
what plains?

GAZE UPON THY AND WEEP

Because its european, which they instinctly associate with everything they dont like

does it work?

Mere mortals can not understand the complexatys at play.

The one with the windmills, Don Quixote

Roundabouts are degenerate

WTF! I thought I was the king of roundabouts but this is madness.

Because it requires a brain.

>Why do old people hate roundabouts?

FTFY

You just can't motivate people to spend the money and endure the aggravation of ripping out existing intersections to build these. We do have a few thousand or so in this country.

Where does top right go?

Hell

yeah, we call them satellite roundabouts

It's easy as fuck, you just have to follow the arrows, like always.

Yes it's very efficient

americans also hate them and freak out when they come across one

died end, probly a close

Wheels within wheels within wheels... what in the flying fuckedy.... HOLY SHIT!

Isn't this type of shit the result of just rolling with the old-timey horse and carriage roads and are for most intents and purposes now obso-FUCKN-lete? Here in happy New England we call them "rotaries". They're stupid.

That is all.

That's the symbol for a dead end

*THEE

Can you draw a picture? I'm not quite getting what you're describing

Who ever thought it was a good idea to make a roundabout out of mulitable universal roundabouts is a mad man.

so, literally the zones where barely 10% of the population lives.

Yep, a lot to do with infraestructure.
according to baguettes and anglos they work. In theory and in perfect conditions you can gain maybe 15% more traffic.

Its a hell to newcomers and people that has never been in that roundabout and when the traffic is low or moderate its useless because a simpler roundabout does the job just the same. Also its more expensive than a simple fucking roundabout.

Its not by any measure. Its more expensive than a simple one. it can gain any advantage just when the road is filled to the brim and in that case the money invested is better used to add forks or additional roads to reduce the traffic. its just like giving a cancer patient some analgesics. Its going to die eventually.

Roundabouts have been proven to be more efficient but for your sanity please never drive there.

youtube.com/watch?v=vnUO6Ey70qI

They exist in some small residential areas or a parking but they really suck compared to normal intersections

At that point that's just a city block

Yo dawg, i heard you like roundabouts.

because conservatives don't like britbongs or the land in which they live.

To be fair desu there is a roundabout near my house that does exactly this. Literally a deathtrap.

>Why do conservatives hate roundabouts?
I don't hate them. I don't think a nation full of drivers that can't treat a 4 way stop properly is going to do any better with yielding the right of way in a moving round about.
All you're doing is forcing the idiots to crash into other people at higher speeds.

why are brits so obsessed with magic roundabouts? even my irl m8s go on about them given half the chance ffs

No, it has nothing to do with historical rosd layout

It was specifically designed to reduce accidents and Improve traffic throughout both of which it does - these are the specific measures its better by

It's really not much more expensive that a normal roundabout, that's a load of bollocks its just lines painted on the rosd. Not really sure why you're chatting shit when you know fuck all

We have one way systems in citys and such.

These are the most retarded things I have ever seen

>his town didn't take the 2016 international roundabout of the year title
and to think i waste my time with you all

>Its a hell to newcomers and people that has never been in that roundabout
its easy.... look right, drive left.

Is that the famed magic roundabout?

Real conservatives just drive right through them with their trucks

>fuck off, you wish you had the civil engineering tech and how to we have.

Great laugh, thanks Spain

>even south africa has heard the legend
youtube.com/watch?v=wVeAhmvNFIU

When you let the engineer do whatever he wants

>conservatives
Americans in general don't like them because they're unfamiliar

>4 way stop

Didn't know about those. Nice.

diddy universal roundabout
youtube.com/watch?v=8KVHdsUkxMw

You don't have stop signs?

KEK so many bad drivers

>crossing a roundabout
At least they don't have people crossing a speed lane, and having a bridge literally 5-10 meters away.

at any given time when i'm on the road i am bound to see people driving drunk as fuck, stupid as fuck, tailgate close as fuck, slow as fuck, or in one of those damn F150's with a lift kit - they're the biggest faggots of them all

i wouldn't trust roundabouts here

all of those engineers are over in austrila ATM fucking that place up with roundabouts.

i told you already and im not going to repeat myself another time after this.

Improves traffic when its already a lost cause. When there traffic is lower than 80% its maximum its even slower to go from one point to the other than a standard roundabout.

When you have a road that reaches usually over 80% of its maximum traffic, you better start planning for a fork or adding roads. having a fancy road that its more expensive wont help.

tell that to your shitty civil engineers that waste a week because the fucking crane didnt start and were all shouting madness when i went, open it up and fixed the fucked up spark plug and saved literal decends of thousands of pounds to the company.

My company btw because no one of yours can do shit right without wasting enormous amounts of money in memes.

we don't have "J-walk" laws ethier, driving is a privilege, not a right.

We had a roundabout installed nearby a few months ago that replaced a 4-way stop. Accidents are now much more common there.

Good to know it's not just SA drivers that drive over mini roundabouts instead around them.

This. 4 way stops > roundabouts.

Not 4 of them at a single crossing. What if 4 cars arrive at exactly the same time?

it's how poor countries handle traffic congestion.

/thread

Even their own departments of transportation are trying to kill them.

Mythbusters proved you wrong.

Coriolis effect

In American they're often placed at 4-way intersections, which seems silly, and they're relatively uncommon so they tend to disrupt the flow of traffic more than they improve it.

The alpha goes, anyone going straight the opposite direction follows suit, and the other two go after.

How the fuck did this thread last an hour? Are you guys just absolute retards? Report, hide, and sage you dumb fucks.

You yield to left. Or to right if you drive on the wrong side of the road.

Liikenneympyrän välittömässä läheisyydessä on suojateitä, eli liikenneympyrästä käännytään suoraan suojatien päälle.

Olen muistaakseni nähnyt tällaisen Oulaisissa, mutta se onkin pieni kaupunki joten siitä pääsee jopa hengissä yli.

Let's see Mythbusters prove me wrong in a county with >80% blacks that cant understand the concept of yielding.

You look at the other drivers and make a hand gesture for them to go or wait for one of them to make one. It's mildly awkward if someone isn't paying enough attention but it works.

how america "Handles" congestion
*spaghetti junction*
Make sure you don't miss that exit

What the literal fuck

That's not a roundabout, fuckie. That's a rotary. It's to big to be a roundabout, at least in the US.

>t. former Massachusetts driver.

youtu.be/311sMMSEErI
Giant ordinary roundabout.
Pic related, it's a common intersection in Europe.
The up-down road is the main road, so it might or might not have the "priority" sign on it.
The right-side road is a low-visibility intersection because it comes from bellow, the sidewalk is narrow or cars are parked near the intersection, so it gets a stop sign.
The left-side road is low-priority so you get a "give way" sign.

yeah, round abouts dont work in back countrys... its a white thing

This, exits and overpasses/tunnels are a waste of money if they are not needed.

Because they associate them with europe. Also conservatives tend to be older thus have a harder time learning things and tend to be afraid of change.

That being said my town has one that's efficient as fuck compared to the stoplight that was there before. The other we got is at a low traffic intersection and is pretty pointless.

I like the idea and I saw the myth busters ep. where they showed at least a 10% improvement in perfect conditions (same drivers had been navigating the same mock intersection hundreds of times)

But I just don't like them. If you could approach them at nearly full speed, merge perfectly and get out the same way that'd be the only improvement you could make over stopping, checking it's safe, and continuing - 'right of way' rules.

Merging seems to be difficult for all other drivers beside myself - there must be more fender benders in these roundabouts than a 4 way.

>posting pussy chicago shit

>4 way stop
actually stopping is so annoying and time wasting. how can america live with this.

Bongbro you have no idea how right you are. A roundabout near my house was converted back into a 4 way stop as it was essentially a death trap.

How many gallons of gas do you waste if you take the wrong exit?

That's just stupidly complicated.

4-way stops are not supremely common, and add to that the fact that roundabouts are simply asking for accidents, and they take up a whole lot of space.

about 25 gallons of diesel. Its cool though cuz diesel gets better mileage than gas

Anyone who has played Cities skylines know that the roundabouts are the solution

forgot pic of my truck... that I drive by myself. We take the SUV for family trips

Get on our level

US of "bigger is better" A
kek
An average america couldn't fit in a smart car

>Why do conservatives hate roundabouts?
>they are directional fluid
>too many aborted turn-off attempts
>need to unnecessarily slow when the finial solution is straight ahead
A roundabout is the purest form of the civil engineering jew

this looks dangerous