We are all aware that she'll go completely ballistic and murderous once she finds out about the Crystal Gems, right?

We are all aware that she'll go completely ballistic and murderous once she finds out about the Crystal Gems, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=m5sD0piVel0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Steven's going to talk her down, and probably her sisters as well

considering she's been crying for 5,000 years, she's definitely not stable

>not stable

neither is any of the other Gems he's dealt with, and he only had to put down two (temporarily)

Yes that is why Garnet was afraid of her

She might find comfort in stevens compassion though

>Crystal gems seemingly achieve victory in the battlefield.
>Blue Diamond comes down from her ship
>Completely destroys everyone in fit of rage
>Video related but will get taken down
youtube.com/watch?v=m5sD0piVel0

...Steven's gonna have to talk down Jasper first to practice.

So she's gonna be a prototype for at least two things: healing a corrupted gem and convincing a Homeworld gem who personally hates Rose Quartz not to kill him.

Does Jasper know how the Earth gems got corrupted?

..Speaking of: we obviously haven't seen their gem weapons, or even if they have any.

Is Steven going to be faced with the decision to shatter Blue Diamond to save his friends?

talk about gratuitous fan service.

He never got a chance to show off in the original movies.

Me personally, I always wanted to see Darth Vader hack people to death with his lightsaber.

I'd say that specific scene wouldn't be considered fan-service if It was the only scene where Darth showed up. He also uses the force unnecessarily just to show off. Force choke especially is pointless when he's actively trying to catch people.

I have no problem with DV showing up and killing everyone because he's literally the most terrifying and deadly person in the entire universe who isn't the Emperor. (and uh, maybe Yoda?)

>We are all aware that she'll go completely ballistic and murderous once she finds out about the Crystal Gems, right?

Is this supposed to stop us loving her?

i dunno, doing the same thing since the invention of hieroglyphs is pretty stable to me

We are all aware that Lapis wasn't "just passing by" and will turn evil once BD offers her a promotion, if she wasn't a spy all along, right?

Pretty sure it's going to be revealed that our Lapis is the one who "dug out" the Kindergartens. Considering it was revealed that Lapises are meant for terraforming, it would make sense for them to be used for hydraulic mining as part of that.

im more annoyed now than ever that they still havent explained visually what exactly happened to Pink Diamond.

I say she played the corruption song. At least we know she must have recorded it when she was the mirror.

>I say she played the corruption song.

She was a mirror before that happened though.

She played it as the mirror. The mirror can record and play everything it sees and hears. Maybe that's why she was put in the mirror.

You assume she even knew why she was summoned to Earth. Gems typically go where they are told to go without asking, and Lapis was NOT the resistant type, as shown in 'Jail Break'. (At least not until the very end).

Well that's the point, isn't it? We haven't SEEN what happened, so there's still hope all is not what it seems.

>I say she played the corruption song.

Nonsense, it was the diamonds. The flare had their colors. Maybe that's what happens when they (try to) fuse.

>the corruption song is Love Like You backwards

She saw it happen, as the mirror, from the Galaxy Warp.

Why does Sup Forums like her so much? Literally all she does is cry. She's worse than Lapis.

more like delicious fan service

That's what she says. To the CGs.

>Stops crying
>Turns out to be a good deal more terrifying than the level-headed Yellow when she gets serious

Not to the CGs, to Steven.
Besides, it's a hell of a jump to go to "she's responsible for playing the corruption song" just from "we can't trust her version of events".

..Not that I don't doubt you, but was this something that Holly Blue Agate mentioned, or where was that brought up in the latest Bomb of episodes?

Yellow diamond mentions during her song that lapises are used for terraforming.

>will turn evil once BD offers her a promotion
Too late for that. The biggest and main motivation her character's had all this time has been to go back to her home, and she considers the gaybarn her home now. Her ditching that and more importantly Steven at this point isn't happening.

>"Homeworld is not what it used to be"

Imagine her returning to Homeworld and bursting into BD's quarters.
>"What's up bitches? I'M BACK! Prepare to get wet, ladies!"
>crying BD
>"Oh fuck"

If this series actually turns into Steven talking down the Diamonds then this is the worst cartoon ever.

...As opposed to WHAT? Letting them win, blow the earth up and conquering all the galaxies?

Steven's speech stat is pretty high, user.

Picture aside, that does make me wonder exactly how far Lapis got back on Homeworld. Assuming she was part of BD's court how fucked up did it go if she ended up being captured, interrogated, and imprisoned by Yellow Diamond's crew instead.

How about giving them the pounding they deserve?

so she'd be a Crazy Diamond?

So the Murdercock would be unleashed?

I'm guessing that has to be related to how she got confused for a CG back when she was put in the mirror. Which is another thing to wonder about because how exactly did they even confuse her like that.

...I haven't watched the Lapis episodes in a while, but didn't it imply that she was captured by some Jaspers or even some Amethysts before they shoved her gemstone into the mirror? They.. are not exactly the brightest of footsoldiers.

i think if that happens, it will be Greg that talks her down, not Steven.

YD, Legolas-style: "Great. They have a Murdercock".

This is what I want to happen. BD is shown as compassionate and perhaps even has a preceding conversation with Steven whom she shares an empathetic conversation with. Then when she realizes Crystal Gems are still alive she goes ballistic and wins the season finale with Yellow Diamond. Though perhaps this arc just has me optimistic after the shit that they gave us before. Should I not be getting my hopes up?

something, something, Toxic Masculinity...

something, something, Violence is never the Answer...

Gems can shapeshift, any of the diamonds can grow a cock and fuck eachother.

Well. Here's the thing. Going by Ruby's reactions to Holly Blue and "The Answer" as a whole, BD used to be a regal tyrant or some sort of regal perfectionist (at the least) to the point where she orders a gem destroyed for fusing with one of her precious members of court. She may not have been the militant bureaucrat that Yellow is, but obviously, Pink's death *really* fucked with her. If she had ANY sort of understanding of empathy, it was with her younger sister and this empathy has been building up in the form of her wretched sadness for millennia now.

The scene with Greg gave away that she currently misplaces her empathy into still selfish actions. Does she try to talk more with Greg, to spend time with someone with a hole in their heart like her, maybe finding solace? Does she realize the earth could be full of Gregs and think "Gee, maybe this cluster isn't such a good idea, if it would create a substantial amount of loss for others. I wouldn't want to see anyone suffer like I have." ?

No. She thinks "I know, I'll save this human by tossing him in my dead sister's zoo. The planets going to die anyway, so I bet this is what Pink would have wanted." To assuage herself for any brief moment. It's a sort of right thing/wrong reason affair since the planet, from her perspective, is going to be destroyed soon, anyway, but she's uprooting someone from their entire life without any sort of choice. Which is what the Diamonds still do--they rob others of their choices. She didn't ask "Hey, Greg, would you wanna come live in a human paradise, since your planet's doomed?" or anything, keep in mind.

Given the themes of the show, it's possible that Steven/Greg/the CGs can help her realize the weight of her actions and help direct her empathy, so that even a *Diamond* can change.
However, all of the Diamond's actions are still self-serving so unless Steven or Greg can get to her first, she is probably going to react to the CGs with even more fury.

Are you fucking kidding me? Steven will release Bismuth when he comes of age (as tgats what the story is) and realizes sometimes you just gotta bash the fash if they don't listen to reason

Imma be a big fucking nerd here and say that R1's Vader is very much early Vader, as in how he behaved in early script drafts and the Alan Dean Foster novel of SW/ANH. Choking Krennic and making a fucking a joke about it is right in line. Hell, that scene was much more in line with how the Tantive's boarding scene was described, as in the raw violence and tone; Vader still didn't directly participate, but Stormtrooper and Rebel alike are described as getting blown to pieces all over the walls and ceiling in the gunfight; C3PO is thrown into open conduit/paneling and temporarily shorts because there's shit blowing up everywhere and its chaotic as fuck.

I dunno if Vader had an expanded role in the original cut of R1, but his use in what we got was just about right for what the movie was trying to show at that point in the conflict.

>Posting my argument about how the Diamonds suck because a tiny dicked janitor pruned muh thread

The diamonds are just not... particularly menacing. The whole point of having characters that oppose the protagonist, even if they aren't technically villains, is to create some form of tension. Blue and Yellow create no tension, and they break down into the following characterizations:
>Blue is sad and does nothing
>Yellow is angry and effectively does nothing, hasn't even shattered any gems onscreen and does nothing to express her anger except sing about it in a very mild tone of voice

They're just very limp antagonists. They don't lend any sense of gravity to the situations they're in because they don't present any menace. Blue is understandable because "being sad" is kind of her gig, character wise, but Yellow is inexplicable. Why would they write her to be so... boring? Why not have her flex the Homeworld's muscle, destroy some stuff, act the tyrant like she NEEDS to be for the plot to function? It doesn't make sense.

I was really hoping we'd get kind of a "reverse CG" thing where the Diamonds each represent a negative emotion or form of repression: Blue being depression, Yellow being rage and White maybe being that creepy Spock-style refusal to have any kind of emotion. But instead we've got Sadpanda.jpg and a yellow Nazi who acts like a poorly cast high school play Trunchbull.

It's just anticlimactic.

As much as I dislike SU shitposting, I am however impressed by how much genuine discussion it spawns as to "what a cartoon SHOULD be" and how it should be run. Props, Sugar.

I don't think they are limp antagonists. They're *detached.* Blue is still in mourning for her lost sister, and Yellow is a bureaucrat general. They have an effective immortality, and run dozens of planets going by the murals. If they make actions, they are long time cooking, or at least they given commands down a chain to their inferiors.

The one time they did get off their asses, it lead to a space nuke being dropped and perma-ruining/mutating all gem-life that Rose couldn't save. Ever since, they've thrown solutions at the earth problem that should by logic resolve any straggler issues before going back to whatever the fuck else they have to do. Oh, there may still be CG remnants? Just put a cluster in the earth's core; we can come by in a few hundred years and pick up the pieces. Everything is slowly coming undone of course, since Steven and the CGs (and even Greg) are slowly causing to allow the CG's cause to reemerge into the light. Once the Diamonds realize this, things are gonna get real.

But gems can't interbreed. That don't have the life sauce.

But they can still fuck eachother.

Evil?

My question is was yellow being effected by blues aura of sadness or is she just mourning privately? She seems like the kind of callous bitch where it would be the former, but knowing the ' talk is your best weapon ' vibe, I'm guessing it's the latter.

She may not care?

Steven's empath abilities were practically uncontrollable in Blue's presence; if Yellow Diamond feels any actual feelings, (and no, vengeance doesn't count) even hateful ones, it would have been messing Steven up something fierce.

I think it's going to be he talks BD down, the other 2 diamonds get a pounding.

Bismuth struck her down, and likely was the one to bring her to the rebel base. She's not super smart, but is definitely intelligence enough to stage a coup even if it failed. Bismuth wouldn't have have made a mistake. She likely forged that mirror, and branded it for the rebels. It would make sense for Homeworld to misidentify her.

The problem is that they are supposed to be so powerful that if they personally get involved in anything, even if just by sending an army, there will be no non bullshit way for CG to get out of that situation. They have no army or tech and their leader is now a pacifist child. I'd rather have villains that aren't active than ones that are hilariously underpowered. And from their perspective there is no need to personally check on Earth until now, especially since they have a lot of painful memories there. As far as they know CG are defeated and the planet is doomed.

She was clearly missing PD aswell, she was suppressing it.