He was 12 when the show started

He was 12 when the show started

He'll be 18 by the end of season 8 when the show ends.

How does it feel to have watched him grow up?

Other urls found in this thread:

metro.co.uk/2017/01/08/adventure-times-jeremy-shada-reveals-his-hopes-for-finn-in-the-final-ever-episode-6368644/
adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Rebecca_Sugar#Storyboarded
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Seeing him not get pussy(besides LSP) is a real let down

I wasn't even aware that he was aging.

P.b was into him when she turned 13 and was I've him when she became 18 and seeing how much he's matrured what's to stop her from being with him?

>How does it feel to have watched him grow up?
Considering his design hasn't changed to the point where most people didn't even notice he was aging, disappointed I guess.

Just like watching my real son grow up.

she's a dyke

Pb and marceline have been shown to want d and rug. Their either bi or pan

He didn't though, he just got more depressed, and the women of the show either hate him or became gay for each other.

It's what happens when you get a bunch of people who want to be so progressive and representative, and want to be the next Sugar without having the decency to preserve what made the show good.

Don't let hack writers ruin your show is all I learned from adventure time.

>inb4 seething guy saying "how so" and "(x) fallacy" seething at the mouth thinking Finn had good development after S4

All women want the D. Lots of dykes have gotten cucked by chad.

He didn't change visually.

>have a coming of age story that spans over 4 years and is still ongoing
>doesn't bother to give the main character any design change
Imagine Harry Potter but all the kids stay the same until Deathly Hallows Part 2. Don't even give him any sort of fashion like PB or Marcy either.

PB was shown to be an utilitarian workaholic that scoffed at romance and bordered on sociopathy. Finn's impossible love.

But at tumblr's request, the showrunners threw all that shit to the bin and turned into a run-of-the-mill tsundere for Marceline's rug, since tumblr and shippers are incapable of registering any other kind of characterization or plotline.

>pan
Doesn't exist.

This, its pretty awful that Finn has been reduced to having such horrid relations with most females.

Early seasons at least PB seemed to like having Finn around, now he's just a useful idiot to use as a tool.

>he grow's up
>none other character grow's up in the show

He doesn't have "horrid" relationships with any females. Only the main 3 girls have had their interactions with Finn be developed in a bad way. The closest one to horrid would be PB no doubt.

>Early seasons at least PB seemed to like having Finn around, now he's just a useful idiot to use as a tool.
>seemed
But she did like having him around, at least when he wasn't being nuisance in her already busy princess life. She even wanted to stay a kid with him until Lemongrab came. That's when Sugar and the Bubbline writers made their move. Go in on the "love interest has interest but changes their mind" route for the "LGBT representation" brownie points.

>S1-2 - Likes Finn a lot (prominent love interest)
>S3-4 - Still likes Finn, but want's to distance herself from Finn because "responsibility demands sacrifice"
>S5-6 - Writers go creep mode with Finn and PB wants fuck all to do with him. Despite this becomes a cunt separate from this "arc" Pajama War in S6 mends the rift somewhat
>S7 Finn is more of a nuisance in Stakes, no really big development in terms of their relationship
Mayyyybe they'll mend more in S8? Probably not since she's all over Marcy, though.

Mentally he's 14 max

That was the thing though, it wasn't a fallacy, before all the depression shit hit they kinda left Bubblegum open as a possibility kind of, but there was no pressure.

The narrative was opening up, and the previous seasons were strong, so you were excited to see where things went, and then we got FP, and the ambiguos stuff with Marcy and Finn. Then there was more about the ice King and the past apocalypse stuff too. It coulda gone anywhere.

Sadly It started to go downhill after Sugar left and Pendleton stopped caring, he used to let people add things that seeed like they fit organically. But with an influx of people who were new and wanting to have that impact of the Marcy and Simon episode, without really understanding what made it good. I guess By the time Pen realized it'd went to shit it was too late to stop it.

Now it's ending, and it barely feels satisfying anymore.

>PB was shown to be an utilitarian workaholic that scoffed at romance and bordered on sociopathy. Finn's impossible love.
It was initially that, and because she was too old for him. But then we saw she actually did like him deep down in too young, she just kept that kinda stuff buried because she didn't ahve the time to be herself really. Like you said, a workaholic. So then they threw all that out in favor of turning a perfectly good female close friendship into lesbians because we can't have healthy female relationships in this show.

It's like they don't get Sugar drew the Marcy x PB shit for fun in her spare time, and missed the point of Marcy being the bad boy of the group, who was fun for everyone to hang out with.

shit it's finally ending? it's about time, shows run its course i think so. stopped watching a little bit after the reveal of his dad, is anything even good after that?

>Reveal of his dad
That's in the beginning of S6 I believe? Or somewhat near the middle I can't recall. There are good episodes in S6 and S7, but there are also episodes that are dull and fall flat. However, Season 7 is miles above 6 and 5 in terms of quality.

You're assuming show time tracks to real world time.

Ever seen it be winter in the show outside of Snow Kingdom?

You sure? Coulda sworn that was season 4 or 5.

I stopped with that shitty finale with the Lich build-up and his dad leading to nothing. And I think that was the same season as Breezy.

That would make sense but would be such a fucking copout at this point in the story.

> How does it feel to have watched him grow up?

In retrospect, I could have spent my time better...

>It was initially that, and because she was too old for him.
Didn't PB also have a miles-long waiting line of suitors that she had ignored for centuries?

Those were Natasha Allegri's drawings , not Sugar's.

Me and him were the same Age at first. Then he was a little ahead of me. Now I'm 18 while he's still 16. It's weird

Guys...

>‘I think for Finn, it’s hard because I know things that are going to happen, but definitely just closure. For me, I’d like to see Finn possibly finally settle down and end up with a Princess, as he’s been having trouble with that over the whole nine seasons.’

metro.co.uk/2017/01/08/adventure-times-jeremy-shada-reveals-his-hopes-for-finn-in-the-final-ever-episode-6368644/

AND HE WON'T LOOK ANY DIFFERENT

Well... apart from the robotic arm he was given at the beginning of Season 8 instead of the beginning of Season 6 because the writers forgot what emotional depth was

To be fair, she also made them all. I guess Finn just happened organically, not that it matters, gotta much that necrotic puss puss
I can't keep this shit straight, the info was like 4 years aold at this point. I remember there was a stink about it though.

On Sup Forums, if you stub your toe, it's Sugar's fault.

Dude is unloveable.

She likes science more than dick.

IIRC he's 17.

Can't blame her, though. That rat is T H I C C !

Would it be worth it to watch all the way through? I watched this and Regular Show when they first aired, but stopped around the 3rd seasons

>>pan
>Doesn't exist.
But i wanna fuck a person with no genitals

>remained a total faggot
Well, can't say it's not somewhat accurate to how kids nowadays grow up or should I say grow old.

Adventure Time is definitely worth watching all the way through. The show really grows into an epic with mythology, cosmic peril, and more of the post-apocalyptic dystopia aspect as well. Seeing Finn use his Grass Sword is worth it alone. Be aware of the artsy-fartsy 6th season, though. The Stakes miniseries was cool and the upcoming Islands miniseries is clearly going to be 1000x better!

Regular Show should really just be watched all the way up to the Season 7 finale. In the process, you finally see Mordecai get through all that love drama albeit not in the most satisfying way, and actually see Rigby grow as a person. Season 8 started out pretty well with a few gems here and there, but the direction it's taken leading up to next week's
S E R I E S F I N A L E has been a real disappointment. I don't even think we're gonna get any definite closure for Mordo & Rigs.

I haven't watched in a while. Didn't he fuck that fire bitch?

Nah, he was basically jacking off to her, so she left him.

Yes. If you're prepared to put up with some bullshit, then there are some excellent episodes.

He got tired of pb's shit and told her to frig off Randy

You're watching a TV-PG show did you ever bother thinking of that?

Finn not wanting PB? You do understand feelings need to be mutual, right?

She's bisexual supposedly, but we have yet to see any romance between them for empirical evidence.

Not yet; they're best friends.
>pan
pic related

You do realize decribing what he says doesn't make him wrong, right?

>implying it's a coming of age story
Time passing and being relevant in a show doesn't automatically make it a coming of age

> he just got more depressed
In what way, exactly? If you watch the show you'd realisze FInn is out of that relationship funk before season 6 ends. Two female characters in the show repairing a broken friendship doesn't mean that suddenly every female ais gay for one another, how do you even get to that notion?

>progressive and representative writers
in what way? Not being right wing doesn't mean progressive. What we have seen is that every society is ruled my a monarch, how is that progressive. The show is pretty much teaching democracies don't work, with the most sucessful states being monarchies, which is the opposite of representative and progressive beliefs.

>don't let hack writers ruin the show
Buzz words that have lost meaning.

I see a lot of interpretation, with no explanation of why that it. Rebecca Sugar was't the only one the wrote good episodes, and Pen Ward is still an executive producer that provides insight and feedback for the writers.

The comet build-up had nothing to do with the Lich, and that was towards the end of season 6. Martin made is actual debut in season 6.

No, the writers planned for his grass sword to become his new arm, with them seperating in the season 7 finale. It feels so long because CN can't schedule their shows properly

The real reason Finn split from Phoebe is because the writers realized they created a romantic plot tumor im an adventure cartoon(cough ben 10 alien force cough).

16 according to Muto

A person with no genitals is a genetic mistake, not a new gender. It's due to our large population these mutations seem more common than they ought to be

He could barely kiss her, their relationship was doomed from the start. A flame shield protects Finn from being burned, it doesn't prevent Pheobe's elemental matrix going unstable. In "Frost and Fire," Finn uses Flame Princess's insecurities to incite a fight for her. When Pheobe finds out she breaks up with him. They become friends again in "Bun Bun."

It's weird to say finally because they announced it was finally ending last year and it ends next year. The seasons are so goddamn fucking long

It's completely their fault. Finn/FP had its potential completely squandered since she hardly appeared. They didn't want to deal with her and when they did, they just wanted to end it as soon as possible.

They didn't tackle obvious themes FP's first appearance implied, like teaching an evil/morally ambiguous character to be good. They just glossed over it.

Not to glorify Sugar too much, heck I don't watch SU, but it seems like she was the only one who wanted to deal with her since she created her whole subplot.

Don't forget they relegated any real exploration or fleshing-out to a graphic novel which came out after or soon before they broke up.

Their relationship has had more episodes than any other, if anything FP did redeem herself after seizing control of the Fire Kingdom, ruling on honesty. It was tackled. Flint was already destined to end, only an idiot would think it was endgame
see here >88997150

You're implying that I watched him

>Jake's kids

What about "The Tower"?

Pretty sad honestly. Started off as a happy-go-lucky kid that just wanted to go on an ADVENTURE but ended up being depressed and as much fun to watch as a damp dishrag.

He's a disappointment

So far 6 has "The Tower" and "Something Big". Both good episodes early in the season. 7 has "Hall of Igress", "Crossover", and "Flute Spell". That last episode is especially great if you're tired of Finn being a hormonal wreck when it comes to romance.

That's so cute!

>Princess

I guess that means Huntress Wizard is a no-go.

What noteworthy episodes has Sugar written?

Like I wasted years of my life on a loser

Now I know how my dad feels

Well they're shit planners. (Mainly aimed at the writers, but CN fits that description too).

Why didn't Steven go through an awkward puberty phase?

Yet is no longer depressed and goes on adventures in season 7. Hell, there is a miniseries coming up with him adventuring.

adventuretime.wikia.com/wiki/Rebecca_Sugar#Storyboarded
These are all the episodes she has storyboarded.

I still like ADVENTURE TIME Finn more.

I don't care if that's what Penn wanted I don't think aging him at all was beneficial to the show.

I don't know any Steven in AT. If you are referring to SU, wrong thread. However, he controls his body something like the gems. So he is a 14yr old with an 8yr old appearance.

some pretty damn good ones.

>people who grew up with AT post on Sup Forums
Fuck all of you for making me feel old.

Bringing back ADVENTURE TIME Finn would be jarring, and he probably would feel embarrassed of his earlier self

They should have never changed him in the first place.

The first two seasons were fun. They brought in the lore and took out the fun. They should've just kept in both.

Daily Reminder Bonnie can take a hair from Finn and clone a woman from it for Finn to fuck.

Finn needs human vagina.

I mean it kinda is with him learning about relationships and good vs bad morals. Just a loosely based one.

I bet you're that guy. gtfo

A lot of Marcy episodes. Those are good, but I think my favorites on there are Mortal Folly and Jake the Dog.

>yfw you realize Finn's slow descent from happiness to depression is meant to mimic your life
this shit went too meta

>Alright, we’re calling it – Princess Bubblegum.
Based Metro. Doubt it'll happen though, but still based.

Those two things are not what the show is about, so calling a coming-of-age story is a stretch.

>gtfo
If you want me to stop. contradict what I say when I point out the innaccuracies in common criticms. Have fun defending those that are wrong.

Marceline had her character arc so has PB and FP, Jake is still Jake even after having kids. Ice King finally has friends LSP is still homeless? The Litch King still wants to destroy all life. Also that dude Pb's uncle gumball has made like two appearances and was mentioned wayyyy in season 2 so let's see how that goes

so you ARE superproATfag good to know get a trip so i can filter

Most of them in the show
>It Came from the Nightosphere
>Susan Strong
>Mortal Folly
>Fionna and Cake
>What Was Missing
>Burning Low
>I Remember You
>Simon and Marcy

She was popular as fuck and retards still say stuff like she was the only one who made the show good because she did episodes like these that people loved so much. In all honesty people just suck her dick because of Fionna and Cake, What Was Missing, and I Remember You. True greats like Morituri Te Salutamus and Chamber of the Frozen Blades get no respect I tell ya.

just use the minus button next to his posts/ works for me when he rears his head ITT

Very mixed honestly, I feel the show did some good and a lot sort of shitty.

Think they did a good job at slowly but surely widening out his perception of things from being a crackerjack kid hero into a young adult hero dealing with lots of life's issues in an interesting way, and while his awful romantic tailspins weren't easy to watch when they were first going on I think they help round out his character a ton in the long run which is cool.

However I think they didn't do enough in lot of respects. Them aging him so slowly is dumb and they sort of just robbed the audience of 2 years of Finn's physical age for like no reason (he should have been 18 last March) so that's annoying. They totally fucked up on his physical design which is like the coolest part about seeing a character age as said, he looks the fucking same as a 16 year old as he did when he was 12, what horseshit. Sometimes they draw him taller but it's nowhere near consistent and even then him just being stretched out a bit isn't a satisfying design change.
There's also his relationship with other characters which have all stagnated tremendously. He's still PB's lapdog after nearly 7 years and is apparently never gonna be on an equal footing with her, which is lame as fuck. Instead of growing closer with Marceline as he matures (something that totally should have happened with their earlier relationship) he instead never interacts with her. And with Jake they're still butt buddies like they've always been, which isn't that bad, but some change (like say Jake having children and Finn and Jake having to deal with that) would have been really appreciated. FP is just who gibes a shit. I think Ice King is actually the best developed relationship Finn's had with someone since Finn so naturally went from identifying Ice King as his arch villain to treating him like his slightly annoying grandpa.

cont.

Now the final nail in the coffin: I don't think modern Finn is as entertaining as Finn used to be. Note that I fucking adore Finn but modern Finn is just not as fun to watch and much more prone to sit there passively and not do as much. His voice acting is much more subdued which is either because Shada is bored of the job or the crew is purposely making him sound bored and disillusioned, but either way it does not make him captivating to watch on screen.
For all of Finn's development and depth, season 1 Finn was still more fun to watch and I cared about him more. He was hyperactive and ready to take on the world and beat the shit out of all evil but he was also sweet and sensitive and confused and at times overwhelmed by all the shenanigans that he got into but was always pushing forward and never even considered giving up. Easily more generic, but also much more interesting than modern Finn I feel. I think there was some big transition issues where they tried turning Finn from a fantasy kid Hercules character into one who felt more real and a lot of the charm was lost, which is a crying shame because Finn was wonderful.

I do still love Finn a lot, but I wish he turned out better. Easily could have been worse though.
A fully grown adult Finn (maybe looking like this gentlemen on the left) is like my dream character because all the shit I wish Finn did in the actual show could easily happen in the future. I hope the show doesn't show us how Finn ends up in the far future because I'm sure it'll be disappointing as balls.

These 2 posts are everything I find flawful with Finn as a whole. Props to you good sir!

This is especially true when you grow up with him side by side as the show progresses alongside you. Just so frustrating to watch and slowly deal with over the span of 3 years.

>A fully grown adult Finn (maybe looking like this gentlemen on the left) is like my dream character because all the shit I wish Finn did in the actual show could easily happen in the future.
He doesn't get good arcs in the show and sure as hell won't get a good design like that. I'm 95% sure he's gonna go all hulk outta nowhere like pic related. I'll consider a slap to the face since he hasn't changed at all during the series.

Ay thanks man, nice to know my faggy ramblings about a cartoon character weren't for naught.

Honestly, I would be fine with Puhoy Finn's design as like, Finn at age 40 or something. It is literal light-years better than Guts Finn's design, which is just plain bad. Those fucking chicken legs. It's very telling that Guts Finn is what 13 year old Finn hoped he would look like in the future since it's just him jacked as hell with a cool robot arm, but what looks cool to a dumb 13 year old isn't very cool in reality.
If he hits the magic 18 and turns into that I'll be damn near heartbroken.

I think Finn's arcs are somewhat of a different story, he gets some decent ones (I mean, isn't his entire existence an arc with him maturing over time? That's been pretty alright) but specific stuff usually gets screwed because the show doesn't wanna deal with it. No cool permanent prosthetic arm or something for Finn to get used to and become stronger from, no permanent significant other because fuck that's hard to write, his dad showed up like 4 times total, he doesn't get the most amazing story arcs.

Islands is a bigger make or break than most people realize for Finn I think, and I pray pray PRAY that the people behind the show use this golden gift to do some things right for the character because come on, give the boy some love you vindictive devils. He ain't never done nobody no harm.

>give the boy some love you vindictive devils. He ain't never done nobody no harm.
he stood in the way of bubbline he has to be purged user. i'm not saying this as a shipper this has to happen

shhhhhhh it'll be over soon just let the white male die in peace so the millennia old homosexuals can kiss and forget about the boy

I always kind of felt the love of Bubbline/disdain for Finn was always separate except for Stakes, where they really did mine Finn for a lot of cheap humor and make him useless to make the gals look better.

Other than that it's just the writers liking their lesbians while not handling Finn the best, which I think is more accidental on their part and not malicious. I don't see them as crapping on Finn just so the yuri goodness can blossom, and there's no reason they can't have their lesbo cake and have the main character be cool too.

We differ there. I think the two are intertwined somehow, but I've go no idea how the writers mingle their ideas since none of us are there.

>don't see them as crapping on Finn just so the yuri goodness can blossom
>there's no reason they can't have their lesbo cake and have the main character be cool too.
Well it's just as you said. If they get proped up them as constantly badass who need no suitor while often devaluing Finn, they can give off the impression of the two being separate cases when in all everything's going according to their plans.

Pendleton Ward works from home and doesn't have that much influence on the show's direction.
-most of the old show's writers quit to work on their own projects
-current writers all despise Finn and he is now their Bart Simpson.