Time for some Drunken Bakers, a depressing slice of life comic

Time for some Drunken Bakers, a depressing slice of life comic.

And some others by the same creators

Bump for kwality comix

Thanks mate

And I'm out.

These are published in Viz magazine, which you can only get in the UK I think. Not to be confused with Viz the company that does manga translations.

Are you okay, man? Do you want to talk about your life for a bit? Any regrets lately?

This is me 30 years from now.

>Not just throwing yourself in Death's warm embrace as soon as possible
Fear is a bitch, isn't it?

Nah it's not like that. Not most days, anyway. My life is shit and I'm not even all that interested in making it less shit, but I do really want to see the future. Whether it's good or bad, I want to see what comes after today, you know. I'd rather live forever in misery than die happy tomorrow.

That sounds even worse.

Not to me.

That's 7500£ (~10000$).
That better be one fucking amazing TV for that price.

Minor edit, it's more like 12500$.
No, I can't be assed to look up the precise exchange rate.

Well, it's big and it's 3D. Those things are expensive.

I'm bad at estimating sizes, but when you've got like a 70-80 inch TV with 3D, $10k is pretty cheap and you could easily end up paying two or three times that much.

This comic is a nightmare, funny, but oh so dark.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Buy Now Pay Later, flexible credit that will charge you a huge fee if you want to pay it all off early.

...Although that could actually be a good deal given there are £6K+ TVs.

The fuck kind of nightmares do YOU have?

Do your dreams make you sad?

>daddy? I never think of you.
Fucking burn.

I was a drunk for a while. This comic bothers the fuck out of me. Well done OP.

Cuba Libre. Think it translates to free Cuba. Or Cuban Books..

>depressing
Maybe if you want to be depressed. THis is hilarious.

This is probably the best comic in Viz.

I'll do another little one from the same magazine. The fantastic, girl's own adventure of "Buffalo Jill"

The prostitute one is I think the most depressing. This one is just funny The guys that do these strips do some other ones too. Same bleakness usually.

It's both. The best combination.

Brutal

Fuck.

Holy fuck!

That was fucking great, these guy's work is pretty uneven except for Drunken bakers, but this was gold.

The potted cacti next to the vault is such a great fucking detail.

Dying like this is one of my greatest fears. Need to set up a deadman's switch that locks the computer/erases the HDD after a set period of inactivity.

Who's the artist? He's done a few strips about a Daily Mail reader who's a nonce and has an unhealthy obsession with an underage Polish girl that lives on his neighbourhood.

And is the modern parents and the art critics still a thing? I only buy the Viz strips three times a year, and haven't seen them in ages.

They are still in it but less frequently IIRC. Drunken Bakers is Barney Farmer (writer) and Lee Healey (artist) who also do a bunch of other strips. Like this one.

The one you're on about is The Male Online.

The Male Online. Not as entertaining as the actual DM comments section to be honest.

Awww yes, this is incredible. Thank you, OP.

It's funny they can make this and thisLefty doublethink cracks me up, they can all but admit multiculti has failed and Britain's gone to shit, but can't quite do it because then they'd be agreeing with middle-class heterosexual white males (the worst people in the world).

Damn.

Are you British? Do you read Viz?

No and Yes. Are you?

As much as I can read it from web/torrent content and buying collections that is.

8 ace is a favorite, I really like series that expand a simple, repetitive premise in creative ways.

I also really like the strips of Elton John running scams, those are golden.

I am for both yeah. If you read the magazine you should know Viz is pretty indiscriminate in what it targets.

>Viz is pretty indiscriminate in what it targets.

Oh definitely, but those 2 strips are written/drawn by the same 2 people and at least the writer is a lib

ttps://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/an-interview-
with-the-mastermind-behind-drunken-bakers

The modern parents is great but the one about college students (forget the name and can't find anything on google) is so close to real life it's hard to read.

10/10 dialogue tho, writing funny dialogue that's not just a string of setups and punchlines is hard as hell.

They have a regular strip about two Turkish kebab workers that are rude and extremely unpleasant.

It's not just white middle class straight men they mock.

And there's been plenty of strips mocking women and gays.

Student Grant?

And Mille Tant was an amazingly accurate takedown of proto-Tumblr feminism

Yes! Thanks, I even found the strip I was thinking of. The one about whether Ali G is racist was probably better, but "Jay Zed" makes me chuckle everytime.

Yours don't?

I often wake up with tears on my face.