Arrow, Flash, Legends and Supergirl Renewed for more seasons

The CW has announced at the Television Critics Association press tour today that they have renewed seven series. The Flash will be back for season 4, Arrow for season 6, Supergirl and Legends of Tomorrow both for season 3. Also included is Supernatural coming back for season 13, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend for season 3 and Jane the Virgin for season 4.

Left off the list of renewals are The Vampire Diaries, which is coming to an end this season… and newcomers No Tomorrow and Frequency. Both series are struggling in the ratings.

Too soon to mention is the new Riverdale series or the mid-season returning iZombie, The Originals and The 100.

During the announcement, CW President Mark Pedowitz said:

>Over the past several seasons, The CW has built a schedule of proven performers, from our lineup of DC superheroes, to critically acclaimed comedies, to sci-fi dramas. Early pickups of these seven series now allow our producers to plan ahead for next season, and gives us a solid base to build on for next season, with original scripted series to roll out all year long.

bleedingcool.com/2017/01/08/cw-renews-flash-arrow-legends-tomorrow-supergirl-supernatural/

Other urls found in this thread:

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2016-17-season-ratings/
ign.com/articles/2017/01/08/the-music-meister-is-the-flash-and-supergirl-musical-crossover-villain
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I'm currently on the second season of the Flash and I think it's pretty good. Are the other shows worth watching?

Sure.

>Arrow for season 6
Booooo
End the travesty.

>Supergirl renewed despite terrible ratings and the highest budget
Well someone is taking a pay cut. Just think how many got axed or reduced to almost cameo levels switching from CBS to CW in the first place

>Supernatural coming back for season 13

good, Supernatural is the comfiest series out there right now.

Do you know something about The Originals?

>Do you know something about The Originals?
Originals is coming back this year. They mentioned when they finished the previous season that they were going to take a solid break from it, work on some things, and make sure they got whatever they were planning nailed down.

Thanks, I hope it'll get renewed for another season. I love that show.

After how the internet has reacted to season five of Arrow. I knew it would get renewed.

Do you think Arrow will keep doing flashbacks beyond the 5 years on fire island thing?

What else could they possibly stretch out? They should've ended long ago, like it should have been resolved in season 1.

terrible ratings? its the second highest behind the flash, its average is stronger than anything other than flash.

tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/cw-2016-17-season-ratings/
The Flash 1.15 -15.82% 3.049
Supergirl 0.87 -48.36% 2.694
Arrow 0.74 -21.63% 2.042
DC's Legends of Tomorrow 0.70 -12.50% 2.015
Supernatural 0.66 -5.18% 1.785

Supernatural is actually doing better this year which is scary. The show that just won't die.

The Vampire Diaries 0.37 -19.57% 0.968

To put it into perspective, 8 years ago Vampire Diaries was top ratings earner, doing about a million more than the Flash. Now they're doing about rank 7 with The Vampire Diaries 0.37 -19.57% 0.968

it'll get renewed at least 1 more year for syndication alone so fear not, 5 years sells better than 4 and last season was best they've done of the show yet with a small budget too.

>Supernatural is actually doing better this year which is scary. The show that just won't die.
Because the people who are fixed to it, are fixed to it. They won't quit now until the end.

mm true, but they have at least 2 more years. They signed a 2 year deal for after season 12. so..

I know, it's just that the delay scared me.
>Supernatural is actually doing better this year which is scary. The show that just won't die.

Supernatural is the literal definition of comfy. There is nothing better than watch the show while you're on your couch, with a cup of hot chocolate and a blanket over your legs, while the fireplace is on.

I wasn't worried, the show is artistically one of the better things on network and cw always loses at least 3 or 4 shows due to mid-season drop out.

CONSTANTINE PICKED UP BY CW

THIS IS NOT A DRILL

HAPPENING

... for a short animated series.

6 episodes, 10 min length user

In other news. The Flash will have a Gorilla Grodd 2-parter episode, Keth David will voice Solovar

Keith David*

MUSIC MEISTER CONFIRMED
ign.com/articles/2017/01/08/the-music-meister-is-the-flash-and-supergirl-musical-crossover-villain

We are approaching critical Berlanti here lads
The madman cannot be stopped

Nothing surprises me about the CW anymore they just do the coolest shit they can with their budget every time.

Just Renew the 100 and Izombie

ohmyshit

They really managed to turn things around after the Leviathans. Plus the one off episodes are always GOAT.

Leviathans were just the beginning of its downfall

The new season is better though

We will see in march probably, since those titles haven;t even aired their current seasons yet

Maybe they'll take a cue from Lost and start doing "flashforwards". Oliver in the Justice League?

is the 100 good?

Arrow for seasons 1, 2 and half of 3. Then skip season 4 (except for the Constantine episode) and watch season 5 because its the best thing CW has made. Supergirl season 2 is good too.

It had potential but... No. Its not.

If you can soldier through the fairly awful first three episodes, yes, it is a very entertaining show.

I've heard it described as post-apocalyptic lesbian Superman.

>The show that just won't die.

Yeah like it's fucking characters. Just once. Stay dead. Bring someone else. Anybody.

That's a meme because the main lesbian characters are named Clarke and Lexa.

Keith David has been Solovar, Mongul, Despero, and Wade Eiling.

Anything else I'm missing?

>people enjoy supergirl outside of eye candy

Seriously, the only time I watched Supergirl was The Flash crossover episode and why the fuck was one of the villains of that episode just some moody bitch who hates a helicopter for no reason?

Because the last time Livewire was in a helicopter it was caught in a storm, almost crashed and she got struck by lightning which put her in a coma, nearly killed her and gave her powers

It was continuity

POST THE NEXT EVIL SPEEDSTER

> tfw it's godspeed

We should start a petition saying we don't want another evil speedster as the main villain for season 4.

Crazy Ex-Girlfriend and Jane the Virgin renewed
your shitty superhero shows are saving my favorite shows on television
thanks guys

"Big tits" Clark and Lexa are fine as fuck.

I liked Leviathans desu, I feel like it spiraled down the drain afterwards.

>all those edgy faggots complaining in the comments

It's Black Flash

Another one? We've already had Zoom and the Rival

Well Zoom turned into the Black Flash at the end of season 2

I won't lie, I first watched the show entirely based on Clarke's rack

Its still happening.

Johnny Quick.

You're welcome.

>Jane the Virgin
>anyone's favourite show
Oh, hi 60-year old woman.

>singling out Jane the Virgin
>not the Crazy Ex-Girlfriend crapfest

At least Jane the Virgin has prime husbandos everywhere

Cool

Soooo is the 100 done for?

Unclear.

That was the BEST episode of BatB. Not even the Batman-from-every-concievable-time-and-dimension episode was as good as that.

well after twitter threw a shitfit over "clexa" or whatever the fuck it was it was probably for the best

>lesbian
Are they hot?

At least, is there any hope it's decent?

at the rate that season 3 is going fucking Barry will be

anyone know where I can watch s3 online?

>Left off the list of renewals are The Vampire Diaries, which is coming to an end this season…

>VD S1-4 were great and made way for the Originals
>VD S 5 and 6 were shit, VD struggling to stand on its own without the Original family
>Elena fucking dips, along with a ton of supporting characters who were written off
>S7 starts of shit, radically turns around after the mid season break and starts being great again, S8 continues the hype
>just in time for it to end

I know this is very barely Sup Forums related, but fuck man. Fuck.

didnt clarify, I was referring to The Flash

I think they're all worth watching (but yeh, like others have said Arrow S4 is terribad).

>just in time for it to end

Better to let it end on a high note with a last spurt of creativity.

cwseed is under marketed, I wouldn't hold out hope.

They should have had him be Earth 2 hunter soloman. It made sense for him to go all darth vader, narratively and they wasted in terribad actor spears.

How are the tie-in comics?

Oh definitely, and the universe lives on with the Originals so whatever

to be honest I hope the series ends with good deaths for both Salvatores
No idea. Would love to get my hands on them but I'm garbage at pirating comics.

Season 1 was alright, Season 2 was fucking insane and pretty good, haven't watched Season 3 yet.

Nice to see some appreciation for best girl

I still can't figure out how they're going to handle marcel since Klaus cannot stand not being top dog.

Only thing I can think of is they find a way to unlock witchyness at same time as were/vamp so he becomes all 3.

His character only works because he is unkillable and only reason half his behavior in story works, like killing his father since he cannot stand anyone being close enough to match him.

oh man did they turn it around? i stopped watching at 4.

that show fucking ruled for awhile, i trolled Sup Forums with it when they were skeptical about good stuff on cw

They'll probably have to depower Marcel somehow. Although he's already showing signs of instability with that brutal murder of the Strix, so maybe others will turn on him.

Or Klaus will go werewolf and do more with that side of his bloodline. He can change at will and it makes him even stronger than normal, after all.

True but since he took super version that Lucien took, he is like klaus on steroids since his bite is worse than klaus's like lucien.

Their superduper bite has poison of all 7 werewolf clans.

I stopped watching around the middle of Season 3 when Klaus got severed from his sires What the fuck happened

Any guesses when Supernatural will stop? The main cast all seem to love doing it and I'm sure it's up there in the ratings. I'm guessing at least 15 seasons as a lowball. Ending it on 13 would be a great symbolic gesture but they're never going to end this shit.

>They should have had him be Earth 2 hunter soloman

I wanted that at first too, but now I realize they're saving Evil Barry for Earth-3 and the Forever Evil crossover event

That annoyed me beyond belief as well. This show had a vampire masquerade thing going and then they let them get away with destroying his sireline linkage.

Basically they find out the prophecy is something their sirelings either made up or took advantage of to try and take over their perspective bloodlines.

Davina severs his sireline, so Freya tricks davina and uses the magic to bring her back to life to kill Lucien. or rather weaken Lucien enough for klaus to tear his heart out.

So Cami/Davina die. This makes marcel want to turn on the family or become klaus, however you want to see it. Marcel gives them another chance but secretly takes super vamp potion. Elijah kills marcel to save the family, klaus is stunned/didn't want him to die. This activates it and marcel comes back with a vengeance, biting Elijah/Kol, Freya is poisoned, Rebekah is hex'd. Only person unmarked is Klaus, who is put on trial by his children more or less and he uses this event to "talk his way out of hell" thus linking the siblings survival to his and he gets pain daggered and locked in basement by marcel. Though marcel doesn't know that Klaus is martyring himself to save his family who everyone else thinks is dead. So Hayley and hope take off with coffins and klaus is walled up. End season.

Awww... I was hoping for Mr. Mxyptlkl due to the multiverse jumping.

problem is it would have allowed them to use a speedster but still be more different and not a retread of season 1, so its still a good idea and now that they're using evil speedsters every season its going to water down their value overall so the problem is only growing.

jesus christ glad i dropped this shitshow

The show coming back in march is matching itself up to time jump in vampire diaries, jumping 5 years ahead, which is why nobody in New Orleans remembers klaus between compulsion and them disappearing.

Flashforwards would actually work since the CWverse has already been neck-deep in multiple continuities and time-fuckery.

>Keith David

Well, I'm rock hard

LoT is on Netflix, so you can binge it. It has some really great batshit crazy moments, like Atom going all Giant Man and fighting another giant powered suit guy. But the first season (half a run so about 13 episodes I want to say) had to much Whose Got The Idiot Ball and a season long Big Bad that was a bad idea (Vandal Savage) since he's essentially un-killable.

S2 has been all Silver Age looniness and so much the better for it, the new additional characters have, mostly, improved the show, getting rid of Rip (which isn't a permanent move, unfortunately) has helped although losing Snart not so much.

Is GA still Arrow of Murder?

Did supernatural get good again after that mark shit was over the final episode of that season seemed promising but i never got around to checking the new stuff.

THE FAST

Yes

season 11 had some decent moments.. things I won't spoil but lets just say they involve chuck.

Season 12 has some good ideas but implementation has been wonky. Like they craft a perfect season 1 episode and then they destroy it with their recent tendencies. So I'd say season 12 is season of callbacks/nostalgia for early series stuff and tying it all together. Their execution hasn't always been perfect. They've developed a lot of bad habits in their storytelling and they can't shake it. It's still a decent ride but not what they once were.

Hopefully legends can get good next season

Its already good doe.

This season is severly lacking compared to last season. The only strong episode was the S2E1

Its more stable then season 1 but its not as good without cold

This is mainly due to CW having a low bar for cancellation.