Trigger warning it's an SU thread

So normally I give the mediocre songs on SU a pass, but really? Not only was YD's song poorly written and short, it was probably the least villainous thing I've ever seen. We could have had her marching around and crushing Quartzes left and right to show she means what she says, we could have had a chance for her to actually seem different than whiny-ass Blue, but nooo, Sugar and her "no villunz" policy took all the drama out of the scene. It felt like a huge letdown.

Anyone else feel this way?

P
R
O
T
E
C
T

T
H
A
T

S
M
I
L
E

I sisn't feel like the song was all too good, but it had good cinematography. The song illustrated it's point and fell a little flat to me though.

No idea why you think YD lost her villainous appeal, if anything it just humanized her a bit, as there aren't ussually pure evil villains. Aside from that you missed the build up here, besides the earth invasion we see that these two are the more reasonable diamonds, and the one to be afraid of is White.

Why didn't you post this in the many SU threads that are up right now?

>the one to be afraid of is White
>four seasons and we haven't even seen her face

It'll be another 22 years before she even gets a line

At this rate it's easier to just cryogenically freeze yourself than to wait until SU hits any kind of a "climax"

Why dont you get a life and realize Sup Forums didn't always use to be General central?

You sound like an edgelord.
The fact the you used trigger warning unritonically makes you look even more stupid.

the guy who is spamming the board with SU thread is telling to get a life, now that is funny

Sugar wants all of the characters to be sympathetic and feelsy because it's hard as fuck to write actual evil villains who are entertaining, so it's easier to be a hack and use songs like these to add a cheap layer of "personality" and imply emotions instead of actually developing them.

It's pretty clear that Sugar doesn't want to give Steven any hard choices to make, she wants the story to fit around him like the crybaby Mary-Sue he is and how he is the right one everytime, she just doesn't want his beliefs and ambitions to be challenged for some fucking reason.

At this point, I believe that Sugar just wants to make Steven into Jesus where he forgives everyone with the power of love at the end of every conflict instead of resolving them, she and Steven are jews afterall.

Are you trying to say one person is the only one making all the SU threads? This is some conspiracy theorist kind of nonsense.

You sound like a baby.
You're basically asking for one dimensional villains who are evil just because.
Not to mention you clearly haven't watched the episodes considering how Steven's beliefs have been challenged.

where the fuck have you been since Bismuth?

Now you are just showing that you are a newfag, that is sad

You're just tossing out completely random accusations now.

>"your mom did this"
>"I'm not my mom!"

>"Steven, I know what's safe for you, so please don't do something dangerous like going after ancient artifacts"
>*cries and yells like an autist about his feelings and pins the blame on whom he considers his other mom*

All Steven has to do is cry to get what he wants, it's cheap as fuck.

If you werent a newfag you would realize that there have been group of people who spam boards for their own gratification, /sug/ only made it easier for these groups to be created.

So how was that not challenging his beliefs?

Also, after not asking questions for so long, we're supposed to think he's an autists for not getting serious answers?

You seem to just want to hate Steven for some reason.

That's just one episode, and it doesn't even criticize Steven as a character, all it did was make his mom into a grey character.

He defended himself from three gems who wanted to kill him, yet he still feels guilty that they wanted to kill him, how the fuck is that considered "positive" character development?

I liked it. I thought it was meant to be a broadway/panto style villain song, and it nailed it in that regard.

The villains don't prioritise neat tones in those kind of songs as they need to get a lot of expression and feeling across, meaning you're going to be jumping all over the place, and it's why you have underlings with the backing vocals.

It's why the song dramatically improves towards the end, where it actually becomes an emotional song and you can hear Patti's vocal skills coming through.

Yeah, of course. The fact that five episodes were leaked at once is no reason to expect people to be making threads, the most logical conclusion is there's a shadowy cabal of shitposters enacting their evil work.

>Sugar wants all of the characters to be sympathetic and feelsy because it's hard as fuck to write actual evil villains who are entertaining,
Do you understand that there isn't an evil person alive who isn't one for a reason? She's fleshing out the character, one dimensional villains are boring.
>so it's easier to be a hack and use songs like these to add a cheap layer of "personality" and imply emotions instead of actually developing them.
>a hack by implying emotions
nigga what the fuck are you talking about, you want them to just say how they feel all the time? We clearly SEE Blue Diamond is a fucking mess because of her sister's death, Yellow diamond's song shows she's upset about it too, but she tries to hide how deep that feeling goes for her. That's informing you of her character. THAT IS SHOWING NOT TELLING.
>It's pretty clear that Sugar doesn't want to give Steven any hard choices to make
Bisthmuth? Eyeball ruby? The whole outburst at the gems this season?
>she wants the story to fit around him like the crybaby Mary-Sue he is and how he is the right one everytime
He's not always right though, we just saw that. Going to the gravesite basically initiated mass abductions on earth.
>she just doesn't want his beliefs and ambitions to be challenged for some fucking reason.
Mindful education, it literally covers this, it starts off liek it's about Connie, but then it turns out it's about Steven. His beliefs were challenged because he failed to save Jasper, Bismuth, or Ruby. He almost got killed becuse of them with Bismuth. There's also the issue that he feels he's not living up to his mother. It's one of the reasons he exploded at the gems. He's trying to figure himself out as well as his mother.
>At this point, I believe that Sugar just wants to make Steven into Jesus
Maybe, it's the core message for the show, but we'll have to see how things shake out. Didn't expect half the character development Steven got recently.