DC CW Musical Crossover Villain Revealed

Ever since it was announced that The Flash and Supergirl would be crossing over for a musical episode, fans have been eagerly awaiting to find out the reason why. Which villain could make the heroes of Central City and National City break into song?! Now, we have our answer.

“It is going to be the Music Meister,” executive producer Greg Berlanti told reporters while promoting his upcoming drama Riverdale at the Television Critics Association’s press tour on Sunday. “We’re finishing writing the script this weekend.”

A villain with the power to control people through song, The Music Meister was famously brought to life in the animated series Batman: The Brave and the Bold. In the episode “Mayhem of the Music Meister,” Neil Patrick Harris voiced the villain. Could he reprise that role in real life for the crossover? “We haven’t gone about casting it yet,” Berlanti says. “But it’s the right question, though.”

Practically the entire cast of The Flash has musical talents, including Grant Gustin and Jesse L. Martin, as well as the Supergirl cast, including Melissa Benoist and Jeremy Jordan.

“Some of you may know my own personal love of musicals and actors who have been in them, and we have a number of people who can sing across all the shows who will be making some very exciting appearances in the back half of the year,” Berlanti previously said when the musical crossover was announced.

Supergirl returns Monday, Jan. 23 at 8 p.m. ET, while The Flash returns Tuesday, Jan. 24 at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/flash-supergirl-musical-crossover-villain/?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

Other urls found in this thread:

ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/the-flash-black-flash-returns/
youtube.com/watch?v=V_q1SdaWLlw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>not ruling NPH out

Truly, we live in a golden age

I mean, who else would it have been?

Mxyzptlk

Isn't the Music Meister an OC, though?

Myx is going to be on Supergirl, he already got the actor for it

I wonder if they'll break the 4th wall at all. Can't wait to see how she tricks him into saying his name backwards

If there's a Bat-Mite cameo or nod the show has completely redeemed itself

He's based on The Fiddler, a classic Flash (Jay Garrick) villain.

Season 2 is pretty great though. Serious at times but campy and fun. Also, dat parasite.

Can't wait and getting Harris might be nice aswell because I liked his voice. Maybe we even got some really good new songs

The Music Meister sings the song that the world wants to hear.

Yeah, but how can Music Meister cross universes?

Maybe his singing is powerful to disrupt the vibrations of the universe and open up a portal? The more mundane explanation is he takes one of Cisco's inventions.

i hope they get rachel bloom to write the music

HOLY FUCKING SHIT IT'S HAPPENING

I'm worried they'll go the Smallville route and just make him a normal villain of the week with just the name.

>tfw reading this while listening to his intro song

ew.com/tv/2017/01/08/the-flash-black-flash-returns/

Zolomon is apparently also making a comeback as Black Flash.

I wonder if he'll keep his ridiculous Zoom voice.

>ridiculous

I will fight you.

Yeah, but DC still owns him.

He also showed up in Lego Batman 3 and even was referred to in Arkham Knight.

Yeah, it's definitely time to drop flash.

This is going to be the absolute worst episode of the series

>"oh Grant knows how to sing! So let's have him sing on the show!"
Stupidest reason to do it. Had nothing to do with the narrative or the character arcs of the season, just "Grant can sing! make a musical!!" I'm sure Grant can take a shit too. Do we want a 2-part crossover of Flash shitting on a toilet also? I mean, Grant is probably good at it! Don't let the talent go to waste!

You're literally sperging out over nothing. Why don't you wait until it airs before throwing a tantrum?

>Had nothing to do with the narrative or the character arcs of the season

You don't know that. It's on the tail end of the season, after 8 or so episodes of development we don't know about yet.

Because it's a fucking musical episode, you giant faggot retard.

No

because it's fucking stupid

>have 2 shows full of musical theatre graduates
>like 5 of them were on broadway

you're right, a musical is ridiculous and definitely only for grant--who is, by all indication, one of the LEAST musically-inclined people on the cast (and that should tell you something about the rest). Joe's actor was on broadway and cisco's actor is a fucking CAREER MUSICIAN

cry more.

It's not a musical show man

God forbid a show about The Flash--historically one of DC's most shenanigan-oriented main titles--have, GASP, FUN.

That's a really cool design

You're the one crying though. He was just saying how ridiculously faggy you were being

>“It is going to be the Music Meister,”
>“But it’s the right question, though.”
>NPH might actually play a live action Music Meister
Based fucking Berlanti.

What a tremendous faggot while also being a wet blank stick in the mud. You will henceforth be known as faggot wet blanket in the mud.

the good Sup Forums days

Hell yeah
>youtube.com/watch?v=V_q1SdaWLlw

Holy fucking shit, I have literally never been so hype, Music Meister is one of my all time favorites, seeing him in the spotlight again.

They better not fuck this shit up.

Drives Us Bats > The World is Mine > I'm the Music Meister > If Only > If Only (Reprise) > Death Trap

This is the most accurate post I've ever seen.

I expect no less than 12 different costumes.

And he'll change costumes at least three times in one number.

>it's going to be the Music Meister

Cool