I actually like the new SpiderWoman costume, barring her new attrocious characterization...

I actually like the new SpiderWoman costume, barring her new attrocious characterization. Do you guys like the new costume too? If no, why not?

If it's because of her ass, do you think making it bigger would fix it?

It's really fucking boring. It's a jacket and some jeans. That can work for certain heroes, but god this particular version just looks lame as fuck

Is awful at least her other costume was iconic, this is just a red jacket and some yellow glasses

All I can see in this trend of 'practical' costumes is attempts to hit something like Jack Knight's Starman costume without understanding what made it work in the first place.

Its a boring looking costume, no personality, nothing.

It looks like it was designed so they can sell those jackets at some point

you think it was better than the original? Because I thought that was shit.

The original at least had personality.

This one looks generic as shit, she looks like that S.W.O.R.D chick with green hair that Marvel has but with a different color scheme.

There is nothing abouit this that says ''super hero'' to me

The original isn't great, but at least it wasn't so plain as a jacket and pants.

They could have tried to make it more hybrid.

New suit sucks

If you show someone a picture of a peahen they probably won't regocnize it. Show them a peacock however, and they'll know instantly.
No, the bright and flamboyant colors of the peacock aren't "practical". But they are iconic and recognizable.

And that's why female cape "Fixes" will never work. They're obsessed with turning the women into peahens and then wonder why the guy in the red and blue body condom is more popular than another generic chick in a black jumpsuit or yoga pants.

I like it. I'd prefer if it was a little more like but I think the practical thing works for her right now. If I recall correctly she wanted to sort of get out of the cape game when she adopted the new look, moving to more detective work, and now she has a kid etc.

How long has Anka been designing terrible new costumes for Marvel now? Was their debut with UXF vol 2?

Why did they change it? This costume is great as it is.

It looks like someone tried to do a costume that "would work in live action" using Spider-Woman colors. So it's really dull

Now this I like better just for the fact that Psylocke has always been a boring character to me.

Yeah she has a classic design but compared with Spider-Woman, she only exists because of butt shots

Still don't care for the little neck tie symbol

The original looks retarded but the new one is really bland. I dont hate or love it. I just kinda nothing it.
Will forget about it almost immediately. Hell if there was a gun to my head I would not be able to accurately draw it.

It's not a costume. It's just someone's hipster streetclothes.

The glasses are fucking awful, by the way.

This suit would be GOAT, if they either stuck with full white, black or blue. The black with the white just does not work here.

People were already hating the new costume batgirl had gotten and when Jessica's new costume followed the same trend it just added fuel to the fire.

I like this one better it's simikar to the new one but still says Spider-Woman.

Is this not just essentially a rip-off of the Batgirl Burnside Costume? Cause they're really fucking similar and equally shitty and stupid

It is, it was announced right after the Batgirl revamp was shown.

Spider Woman isn't really an important character anyways. The change felt more like pressure from the masses rather than for character reasons since it came out right after that Minara Variant cover and all the stupid controversy that went with it. Obviously it was done way before any of that happened, but the timing of the announcement was bad. Its only flaw is that its a bit too simple and feels like they're trying to attract the Cosplay audience that the Batgirl book was trying to get. The only difference was that Batgirl had an audience before her change and Spider Woman didn't. And that pregnancy storyline didn't help at all with her push.

Its supposed to look like a spider, not a bunch of random triangles like what you have there.

Looks like a rookie costume, but she's a veteran.

Same goes for current Babs

I just don't like it. It feels too much like something Kate Bishop would wear. The logo reminds me of that Spider Boss from Paper Mario Wii, and the triangle on the neck is what bugs me the most. It looks like a dorito is stuck on her suit. Like, of all the things about the costume, the fucking neck button is what drives me up the wall.

Oh fuck me, it looks like a tie now!

i don't mind it. looks practicool. reminds me of the major in the original gits.

the belt thing looks like it would get annoying, unless she takes it off an uses it like a flail

now that is legitimately suck

good call user

the batgirl outfit is only stupid because of the mask, which hides nothing.

it also tries to be tacticool without elbow or knee pads. or goggles, which might help with the anoynimity.

the mask looks especially stupid with her storyline about spy software or whatever it was, which happened to coincide with facial recognition being a big thing that year. totally dumb.

it also didn't help that it was introduced with barbara striking a very cavalier attitude in public, which seems to say 'we randumb nao!' which flies in the face of the new suit being more practical.

every issue i wait for the oh no new costume ripped need the old one moment