Series finale is indistinguishable from a regular episode...

>Series finale is indistinguishable from a regular episode, except for one line/scene at the end that vaguely acknowledges it's the last one.

>OP Makes a shitty prompt

>Series finale suddenly ends with all the main characters apparently dying

ATHF did that well.

What show?

Looks like the TV series for the movie Turbo.

what if a snail went fast?

Turbo Fast, I think

>Bloo thinks Mac is leaving
>The truth was he was just he was moving from his apartment
>Ending scene shows the Foster's house being erased

>Episode is clearly meant to be the season finale
>It's actually the second-to-last episode and the true season finale is a random self-contained episode

Monsters VS Aliens, another Dreamworks show that like Turbo existed because they thought the movie would be a big franchise launcher. The final episode is just a typical episode about the president being an idiot and the Monsters have to stop him before he hurts anybody, very smalltime threat, but there's like 30 seconds where the Aliens help. Then they abruptly say some bullshit like "Now can't you see, Monsters and Aliens can do anything if they WORK TOGETHER!" and there's a shot of all of them standing in heroic poses. This is especially bullshit because almost every episode had the main villain contacting his "overlords" so the finale just implies "nah, they're not coming, in the last minute everybody became friends".

When?

Ahem... Justice league (before they got a second final season)

Justice League Unlimited and Teen Titans come to mind.

king of the hill did that and it worked

South Park and Futurama are two examples I can think of, South Park with its season 17 Black Friday trilogy being followed up by the one with Wendy being Jelly and Futurama having another epic series finale(Overclockwise) followed up by an anthology episode

>Makers have no clue when the show could get cancelled, so they make multiple episodes that could work as a finale

>Final Episode that was clearly meant to be an "ending" had a final scene that essentially reset everything, potentially being more of a loop than an actual conclusion to Fry's and Leela's relationshipping.
>Nothing is resolved because everyone implicitly forgets everything anyways. There's no indication the series won't loop indefinitely.
>Turns out it isn't even the final episode.

The End is Never the End is Never the End

It wasn't the final one? What was?

ATHF did it with its series finale.

Matt Groening is working on a "project" for Netflix which is widely believed to be a Futurama revival, but there's zero confirmation of that.

He still hasn't pulled the plug on the simpsons?

I doubt he has that power, not that he'd use it.

Does Batman the Brave and the Bold count?

>>Final Episode that was clearly meant to be an "ending" had a final scene that essentially reset everything, potentially being more of a loop than an actual conclusion to Fry's and Leela's relationshipping.
>>Nothing is resolved because everyone implicitly forgets everything anyways. There's no indication the series won't loop indefinitely.
It just restart from the moment time froze. It' doesn't reset everything back from episode 1.

>tfw people actually like finales like this

Sad!

No. The whole final episode was playing with the idea that it was about to be cancelled and it was the most meta episode in the entire series.

Some shows aren't meant to have big climactic endings.
What I really like in that case though is a subtle finale, where it could almost be any regular episode, but something about the themes and the use of the characters makes feel important and a satisfying cap-off. I don't know if I could actually point you to any examples of this but I'm sure it's happened.

Do they?

The Boondocks didn't even succeed at acknowledging it was the last episode

I think the season 3 finale probably would've worked better as the end.

King of the Hill had an ending kind of like that.

Immediately thought of Teen Titans.

I only saw this for the first time today, but I wouldn't mind if Sup Forums made it popular.

>Season finale ends of a cliffhanger that you have to wait a year just for a disappointing reveal.

>Season finale ends off at a massive world changing cliffhanger with massive status quo changing implications
>Show immediately cancelled

Better yet:

>Show gradually developing actual plot with long running DEEPEST LORE and character developments with more serious themes
>Show immediately gutted, resulting in a handful of shitty episodes followed by an immensely unsatisfying series finale following up on none of the questions brought up in the first half of the season.

Think Adventure Time's gonna turn out like that second example?

AT doesn't even have a stable plot, it's been in that phase for a few years now. Just raising new and increasingly pointless plotlines and hastily resolving them whenever they get boring, leaving the viewer ever unsatisfied.

At this point the only thing they could do to make things worse would be to introduce a "it was all a dream/game/simulation/timeloop/etc." scenario that utterly negates the entire show.

Gravity Falls?

Danny Phantom, Gravity Falls, there are a depressing number of examples for this.

The second one, right?

This one's great, because the huge grandiose two parter featuring every minor character in the entire show that would seem like perfect last episode material is instead the next to last one.

Not Sup Forums but fits Full House to a T.

Also not Sup Forums but Steins Gate was like that.

>El Tigre

tfw it didnt even get a proper ending

>didn't realize that was the last episode when I was younger

Courage the Cowardly Dog

Someone's still bitter over symbionic titan

Is it true the last 5 episodes were never shown again or was that a weird misremember dream I had?

Care to give examples?

>counting OVAs as final episodes
user, you should know better.