GOTH CHARACTER

>GOTH CHARACTER
>Doesn't listen to goth music
>Is either stereotypically depressed or basically just a brainy and should've been a nerd character instead
>You know they're goth because they dye their hair and wear black! That makes them Goth, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4gPLsOTveG4
youtube.com/watch?v=GCkYVlIYsjo
youtube.com/watch?v=sTLWp6VBjoY
youtube.com/watch?v=jxhkQbfA0fI
youtube.com/watch?v=iGeDZ-sgAjA
youtube.com/watch?v=f3fKGAAY6RE
youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso
youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU
youtube.com/watch?v=6udEI_DD_oA
youtu.be/VvDZTP-5Ey4
youtu.be/oMQLBl_ihwg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Define goth music

Siouxsie and the Banshees
The Cure
Bauhaus
Ministry
Type O Negative

>Siouxsie and the Banshees
Have you been thrown into the future m8?

Why are you talkin shit about Ingrid Third?

The Bauhaus, Siouxie Soux, Sisters of Mercy, Tiamat, The Cult, The Cure, Fields of Nephilim, Lacuna Coil, et cetera. Get a clue man.

youtube.com/watch?v=4gPLsOTveG4
youtube.com/watch?v=GCkYVlIYsjo
youtube.com/watch?v=sTLWp6VBjoY
youtube.com/watch?v=jxhkQbfA0fI
youtube.com/watch?v=iGeDZ-sgAjA

So apparently all you need to be "goth" is to be obscure enough that no one has ever heard of you.

>Goth character
>Hasn't killed itself
What's the point, really?

youtube.com/watch?v=f3fKGAAY6RE
I think this counts

I can't believe that whenever some gothic need arrises, cartoonists just don't ring up Voltaire.

He's cheap, will work in pretty much anything and has experience as a VA.

And have an absolutely dreadful personality.

>The Cure
>obscure

Oh, I know that one!

youtube.com/watch?v=gPbVRpRgHso

Was she supposed to be a goth or just coincidentally pale and wore black?

>goth character
>doesn't like gothic architecture

> London After Midnight
> goth

>really just a tom boy who wears a lot of black
>activist
>secretly likes stupidly cute stuff

the friend who is a girl is always just the alternative type of girl

The world needs more Voltaire. That man is wonderful

I thought that was a lost film

You're giving me flashbacks of my tool of a cousin who told people that he was goth even though he didn't listen to goth music or enjoy real goth culture. He was just goth because he dressed in black and thought dying was cool.
[/blog]

Also OP you forgot the part where they quote Edgar Ellen Poe a lot.

Well duh. Why else would she hang out with primarily boys of midling to low social status?

The band is named after the film.

Voltaire is a gem. I'm personally not a fan of his more serious works, but I can appreaciate the fact that there are few forms of art that he hasn't tapped by now.

He's also a much more competent writer than I thought he'd be,

He's pretty BASED just for all the stop motion he's down alone.

>goth character
>doesn't destroy the Roman Empire

I remember him mentioning once that when he got his first animation paycheck, the first thing he did was rub it in the face of the people who said he wouldn't get anywhere -- iirc correctly, one of them was his (step?)dad.

Hello, no one. How's being a pleb working out?

none of those bands are obscure at all you troglodyte

you just dont get us

If you can listen the the whole 9 mins of Bela Legusi's Dead then congrats you're a goth now

For one second, from the thumbnail, I thought that was Miraculous Ladybug.

It's so weird being old enough to remember when that song wasn't a cliche.

Shitty electronic

UNDEAD UNDEAD UNDEAD UNDEAD

Those are all pretty popular bands.

Goths are just punks with better fashion tastes but with the same music tastes

>same music taste

>the same music tastes

youtube.com/watch?v=McAeQiLmEYU

We'll most Goth rock bands started out as punks

Goth was an off-shoot of punk. Early goth-rock didn't sound much different from punk.
youtube.com/watch?v=6udEI_DD_oA

>no mention of Voltaire
>The Cure
Get the fuck out of my sight you preppy bitch.

Some people like black, why does that have to require an entire archtype that must be followed?

underrated

>Goths are just punks with better fashion tastes but with worse music tastes
>Goth music
>taste
Don't get me wrong, Punk music is awful. Goth music cannot even qualify as music.

I'd be like calling a Toilet Paper'd house "Art".

Because if you like Goth fashion and dark aesthethics you better LISTEN TO OUR SHITTY MUSIC SHITLORD AND IDENTIFY AS GOTH or else you're APPROPRIATING US AND THAT'S SOOOOO PROBLEMATIC YOU HOT-TOPIC SELLOUT!

Goth b serial bizness.

>>Doesn't listen to goth music
Do you want them to get licensed music just so you can show the character listening to music that reinforces the idea that they belong to a certain subculture?
>>Is either stereotypically depressed or basically just a brainy and should've been a nerd character instead
>>You know they're goth because they dye their hair and wear black! That makes them Goth, right?
That's every goth kid I knew in middle school and high school. It's almost like a lot of kids just emulate what they see so they feel like they have a group they belong to.

A well Toilet Paper'd house IS Art.

It's not like cartoons haven't had characters listen to generic rock tracks, all that needs to be done is make the guitar extra jangly.

>It's almost like a lot of kids just emulate what they see so they feel like they have a group they belong to.
That's the point of Goth isn't it? And has been since it's formulation. You cannot qualify as goth or be accepted by the other goths and goth grouping unless you conform to goth.

>Siouxsie and the Banshees

wew lad

Fuck pan and tumblr for making goth lose all meaning.

>should've been a nerd character instead
My impression is that IRL school goths were a subspecies of nerd. The nerds who were cynical and artsy gravitated their cliques - girls especially, because it didn't carry the social stigma of full-on nerdom.

Jesus, that spiderweb bikini. Unf.

>Fuck pan and tumblr for
>pan and tumblr made Goth lose all meaning
>Goth
>Meaning
You're joking right?

Fuck off, you fucking pleb.

To find real goth stuff on tumblr look up gothgoth

>Goth music cannot even qualify as music.
it must be hard being this fucking retarded.

It's basically how all subcultures protect themselves from entryists. Some don't and they get diluted until they are no longer their own thing. Others do it too much and turn in cults and circle jerks. Goth kind of did both.

What a brilliantly eloquent retort my friend.

>You know they're goth because they dye their hair and wear black! That makes them Goth, right?
In the eyes of like 99% of the population, yes, no one outside of a bunch of overly pretentious mascara wearing men actually give a shit about what makes a "real goth" (and goths are nearly an extinct species anyway)

Barbarian pls go

>(and goths are nearly an extinct species anyway)

youtu.be/VvDZTP-5Ey4

>tfw you were only 7 during the goth boom of 2001 and couldn't appreciate qt goth girls at the time
>tfw they've just been slowly dying out ever since then, almost non-existent outside of high schools these days

>FUCKING GLOBALISTS

>It's the same fucking riff looped for several minutes
HOLY SHIT LEARN HOW TO PLAY MORE THAN 4 CHORDS. Why do people praise this?

Feel free to wank off to your progressive rock guitar wankery.

>Voltaire is a gem
Damn straight
his goth homemaking series is fucking fantastic

>tfw I like both progressive rock guitar wankery and Jack off Jill

Why can't we all just get along

>needing more than three chords and the truth

I have the book and comparing it with the series really shows the progession of goth tastes. The book is what I expect all teenage goths to decorate their rooms like, the series is basically what happens when you're older and have money and realize that maybe mutilated dolls can be replaced with something else.

> that feel when I bought the bitrektual album because I wanted that sweet poster of him kissing Sulu
> didn't realize the poster was two-sided, so didn't specify which side to sign
> he signs the star wars side
> forever stuck not being able to display both the side I prefer and the signed side

Me too actually. I think a lot of goths could like pre-00s Dream Theater.

>every Ramone is dead

nah, nah, nah man, they're goth: They're just poser goth!

>person is only into the goth look
oh no, how unrealistic

This is a defining goth character
Anything else is pleb-tier

Fucking pic

>They're just poser goth
Isn't that just the Goth equivalent term for "Fake Geek Girl" that nerds use or something?

Yes, but in practical terms is more like casual.

That takes me back, I used to wear a lot black, grey, and white in highschool, not because I was a goth but because those clothes were cheap and it would be easy to pick out my outfit each day. As for my hair it was naturally dark and I did keep it long and cover some of my face. I can see why people thought I was a goth back then. I don't think being a black goth would've done me any favors back then

Did you ever wear Dreads?

Fucking posers

does this mean most of Sup Forums is goth?

Yeah I do.

>that episode of Phineas and Ferb where Doof thinks Vanessa is talking about the vendigoths

Uh. I had just graduated and reading trades Sandman comics and started going to a goth club near my college. Not my fault you newfags are shitposting here. Even bought some original Sandman art at con.

are you 12

these bands are pretty fucking lame but what

visigoths actually

ISOLATED

ALONE
APART

Never mind the goths. Are there any Sup Forums depictions of the Industrial scene?

Riddler on The Batman.

actually pretty accurate

youtu.be/oMQLBl_ihwg
Bloodhound Gang's goth song is best goth song.

You forgot Echo and the Bunnymen, Bela Lugosi is Dead, Temple of Love, and Incubus Succubus.