youtube.com/watch?v=AY5FsE8oPdk
youtube.com/watch?v=-eohHwsplvY
youtube.com/watch?v=np-8VOf0WnU
youtube.com/watch?v=RW1sfnRcCHo&t=11s
youtube.com/watch?v=SzxLXhkQC8U
youtu.be/r6BJkLWivzY?t=42m59s
youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

When will Seinfeld release in widescreen without cropping the top and bottom of the image?
That's all I ask for.

that was actual kino...
thanks for this user

It wasn't shot on widescreen.

wtf I love 90s jew york now?

I wonder what life would be like if 9/11 never happened.

2007 would still happen.

every damn time i see this video, i love this dude

>tfw white people dont carry themselves with that kind of dignity anymore

I want more.

kek

STELLA

Buffy in HD when?

I tried to rewatch the dvds but they look so fucking dark, the first season is almost unwatchable.

90s meme man

Then get the fucking actors back together and reshoot it in widescreen for fuck's sake.

How could they record in HD if HD cameras haven't been invented yet?

myfuckingsides

I've seen plenty of older stuff in hd because it was shot on FILM

n-no.

How can this look so good, yet all the 9/11 footage look like they were filmed with potatoes?

was America at it's best in the 90s?

yeah, but 60fps?

Watching 90's shows in high quality is interesting and annoying. Some shots are in HD and some are in standard.

Never is the most likely answer. There would be only a literal handful of people in the world who would be interested in a 4:3 or open matte (on the side) release.

The current HD 16:9 version is not cropped. It was reframed from the original film and rescanned, so it is one of the most well done HD remasters (and this time the term is actually correctly used) that has come out.

Is this Koyaanisqatsi?

How is it possible for something from the 90s to be in HD????

>Some shots are in HD and some are in standard.
Wait what?

0:57 strong independent woman

Even when the top and bottom cropped it still gains more image on the sides, and sometimes that bit already shows things that aren't supposed to be there like equipment, the crew or stand-ins. These shows were shot for 4:3 with that in mind.

The 80's were pretty cool besides the whole AIDs thing

The camera was literally the size of a small car

In 1993, list of things that existed:
-The World Trade Centers
-Booming economy
-Happiness
In 1993, list of things that didn't exist:
-Evangelion
In 2017, list of things that exist:
-Evangelion
In 2017, list of things that no longer exist:
-The World Trade Centers
-Booming economy
-Happiness

Couldn't they just shoot on film?

kill yourself

Japan in HD, 1992

youtube.com/watch?v=KJQsGpCDX54&feature=youtu.be

>tfw I will never be an american

Let's keep this train rolling... in Japan!!
Pt. 1
youtube.com/watch?v=gugzhkp_UUQ
Pt. 2
youtube.com/watch?v=AY5FsE8oPdk

>tfw I will never get to travel back in time

Before the digital age news cameras used a type of beta tape, which did not record in HD.

Cheers la

youtube.com/watch?v=-eohHwsplvY

>we are forever trapped in an age of leftists playing God and shifting populations all over the planet for their own end game, and killing all happiness in the world in the process so nothing hurts their feelings while they decide all things for everyone and justify it with lots of name-calling.

>the happy days are truely gone.

time travel

>tfw this is the Japan you always dreamed about visiting when you were growing up
>the promised land, the origin of all the things you loved
>tfw that Japan is long gone

>there are people who still like seinfeld when superior Night Court is on tv

That was the 80's.

ie the better decade. Especially for comedies.

These videos make me feel weird because they remind me that people in the 90s were just normal people and their fashion and technology makes total sense when seen in context with each other. I can't come to terms with the passage of time.

60fps really adds to making it all seem so much more real

>feels good desu

Evangelion did exist in 1993. It was in production at the time.

kys weaboo nerd

Some of it is the lenses and color processing of older cameras. The oldest HD digital cameras were still using some technology adapted from film cameras and it gives it a particular neutral tone and 3d dimensional look.

youtube.com/watch?v=np-8VOf0WnU

You are bereft of personality.

Is that Sam Rockwell?

man New York is a fucking shithole

1994 Olympics Opening Ceremony in HD

youtube.com/watch?v=RW1sfnRcCHo&t=11s

Even though I was alive in 93 and remember it quite well I feel the same. I feel that way looking at stuff from the early 00's too even though I definitely remember it.

HD cameras weren't mass produced back then, they cost gorillions, were probably bulky and fragile, and it was pointless to use them for TV news that were going to be seen on standard tv.

Just like Technicolor films from the 30's look like they were shot yesterday, but news footage from the time looks like ass and is in black and white.

those clothes really did make women look stunning.

Which is what was overwhelmingly being done for movies and even for TV shows, which is why we can now watch loads of shows from pre-HD days in HD after getting re-scanned from the film master.

how is it that you're so retarded.

Keep in mind this was a sizzle reel put together to show off the technology and done by people more skilled than the average shitters of today or the past.

proto-Trumpet

Nice. Also Tonya Harding at the 94 olympics:
youtube.com/watch?v=SzxLXhkQC8U

I'm ready for big hair full of volume and shoulder pads to come back for women. The whole power femme corporate look is sexy.

HD VHS no less

I was happy when this was recorded

youtu.be/r6BJkLWivzY?t=42m59s

It is crazy seeing how the world looked on really high quality film just a few decades ago

youtube.com/watch?v=1La4QzGeaaQ

let's post higher than 4k vids instead

Special effects were usually composited or rendered in SD because it saved time and nobody saw a need for higher resolution since everyone had a SD tv.

>1993 was 24 years ago

I had a Chicago bulls hat, wore air Jordans and a Michael Jackson tshirt as a kid and we would see Jurassic Park in the theatre...this period was a dream, I want to kill myself because this type of optimism doesn't exist anymore...they managed to reduce Michael Jackson to degenerate pedophile to the history books, I hate modern life.

This is abjectively the only correct answer.

I know you are joking, but HD cameras had been around for quite a while at that point.

1993 is kind of a fascinating year for technology. A lot of things came out in that yea that wouldn't become popular until a little bit later, but if you were rich and on the cutting edge you could have access to it, especially if you lived in Japan. They were already doing HD broadcasts at that time, 32-bit CD based video game systems were out, and 3d games in arcades were starting to become a thing. On the computer side of things you had projects like NeXTSTEP that had full user friendly GUI in the style that would be ripped off by Windows 95 a few years down the line.

Imagine someone recording the Kennedy Assassination in 4k

I just want to go back.

Life was simpler, slower, dignified (compared to today), managable, optimistic.

youngfags will never understand the pre 9/11 world. Early 90s was shit but by the late 90s it felt like we were getting our shit together.

Then 9/11 happened, then the war on terror, resulting in retards like Alex Jones being taken serious by people in 2017.

>Buffy The Vampire Slayer 1080p Amazon WEB DL DD+ 5.1 H.264 TrollHD.mkv

>abjectively

wow what a cutiepie
>smiles

>The 90s are almost 30 years ago.

Giuliani cleaned it up in the 90s

Good video. Thanks, OP.

Really makes you think.

>Pic related.

Imaging someone holographically recording 9/11 so you could insert yourself into it and relive history as if you were there.

/ourguy/

This is absolutely gorgeous. Filmmakers are fucking retarded for not shooting in 60 fps.

Generally speaking when a show was shot for 4:3 the shit was framed for 4:3 as well. So even if the show was shot on film with a larger frame and matted down for TV the rest of that frame might not be usable because of numerous reasons but mostly they boil down to the cast never expecting to use the rest of that frame. So the set might just end abruptly, the boom mic is over there, the stage hand's arm is visible when he throws something another character catches, that sort of shit.

I was just there. The color grading used in this vid looks really weird.

yeah sometimes its weird

Yeah, I feel the greens are a bit too strong at times. Looks great overall though.

MFW I will never be smothered by those thighs.

Why is there so much Japanese HD material?

did 9/11 kill comfy times in america?

Dot-com bubble burst killed comfy times; 9/11 just re-filled in the grave with dirt.

>PRE-9/11 AMERICA

WE HAVE TO GO BACK

Those thighs amaze but she unironically has the worst tits I've ever seen (on her sex tape)

This almost makes New York City seem appealing.

Were the 1990s really that great?