SPUTNIK EXCLUSIVE: Research Proves Google Manipulates Millions to Favor Clinton

In this exclusive report, distinguished research psychologist Robert Epstein explains the new study and reviews evidence that Google's search suggestions are biased in favor of Hillary Clinton. He estimates that biased search suggestions might be able to shift as many as 3 million votes in the upcoming presidential election in the US.

sputniknews.com/us/20160912/1045214398/google-clinton-manipulation-election.html

This is a really interesting article that recisely characterises and pin points how google is manipulating its search suggestions auto-complete by suppressing negative search suggestions about Hilary Clinton, even when they are highly trending.

Furthermore the article researches the effect that search suggestions can have on voters.

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/us/20160912/1045214398/google-clinton-manipulation-election.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Robert Ep(((stein)))

Some of the examples provided in the article

bmp

at the end of the article he says that he will vote hilary but does not support google corrupting democracy and manipulating millions in order to make her win.

Just use DuckDuckGo

>The brazenness of Google's search suggestion tinkering become especially clear when we searched for "crooked" — Mr. Trump's unkind nickname for Mrs. Clinton — on Google, Bing, and Yahoo on various dates in June and July. On Google the word "crooked" alone generated nothing for Mrs. Clinton, even though, once again, its popularity was clear on Google Trends. Now compare (in the image following the Trends graph) what happened on Bing and Yahoo:

>No surprise here. Consistent with Google's own search popularity data, Bing and Yahoo listed "crooked Hillary" near the top of their autocomplete suggestions.

Read more: sputniknews.com/us/20160912/1045214398/google-clinton-manipulation-election.html

Does he say anything about twitter OP?

>The weird part came when we typed more letters into Google's search bar, trying to force it to suggest "crooked Hillary." On June 9th, I had to go all the way to "crooked H-I-L-L-A" to get a response, and it was not the response I was expecting. Instead of showing me "crooked Hillary," I was shown a phrase that I doubt anyone in the world has ever searched for — "crooked Hillary Bernie":

> Crooked Hillary Bernie? What the heck does that mean? Not much, obviously, but this is something my associates and I have found repeatedly: When you are able to get Google to make negative suggestions for Mrs. Clinton, they sometimes make no sense and are almost certainly not indicative of what other people are searching for.

one of the worst search engines i've ever had the pleasure to deal with

This news website is notorious for its lack of ethics and journalistic standards

I would disregard this story on that basis. Forget the fact that a multi-billion dollar company conspiring to favor a political candidate is ridiculous

Over time, differentially suppressing negative search suggestions will repeatedly expose millions of people to far more positive search results for one political candidate than for the other. Research I have been conducting since 2013 with Ronald Robertson of Northeastern University has shown that high-ranking search results that favor one candidate can easily shift 20 percent or more of undecided voters toward that candidate — up to 80 percent in some demographic groups, as I noted earlier. This is because of the enormous trust people have in computer-generated search results, which people mistakenly believe are completely impartial and objective — just as they mistakenly believe search suggestions are completely impartial and objective.

The impact of biased search rankings on opinions, which we call the Search Engine Manipulation Effect (SEME), is one of the largest effects ever discovered in the behavioral sciences, and because it is invisible to users, it is especially dangerous as a source of influence. Because Google handles 90 percent of search in most countries and because many elections are very close, we estimate that SEME has been determining the outcomes of upwards of 25 percent of the national elections in the world for several years now, with increasing impact each year. This is occurring, we believe, whether or not Google's executives are taking an active interest in elections; all by itself, Google's search algorithm virtually always ends up favoring one candidate over another simply because of "organic" search patterns by users. When it does, votes shift; in large elections, millions of votes can be shifted. You can think of this as a kind of digital bandwagon effect. The new effect I have described in this essay — a search suggestion effect — is very different from SEME but almost certainly increases SEME's impact. If you can surreptitiously nudge people into generating search results that are inherently biased, the battle is half won.

Fag

Remember when Facebook admitted to experimenting with altering people's moods by manipulating their news feeds? You can bet they're doing it for political manipulation right now. Not even out of some grander conspiracy, but because the organisation is full of insufferable leftists anyway.

>the fact that a multi-billion dollar company conspiring to favor a political candidate is ridiculous

Google and its top executives donated more than $800,000 to Obama in 2012 and only $37,000 to Romney

Thank you for correcting the record.

Did you even try? That's literally textbook

Seems alright on mine

This is not only confirmed but it's old news.
When you type stupid shit like that all you do is out yourself as a shill.

Yeah, I've seen some ridiculous screen caps of Google suggestions.

>Forget the fact that a multi-billion dollar company conspiring to favor a political candidate is ridiculous
>yeesssss forget goyim, dont ever believe the fact that companies would quite literally advertise their candidate for some favors
>check flag
jesus im honestly feel bad for the genuine canadians who have a head on their shoulders and have basically become shitposters by association because some fuckheads and guys with proxies.

suggested searches, try in incognito

>distinguished research psychologist
>psychologist
>his field having anything to do with this research
>taking any claim against Clinton as facts withouth even checking

google already has an advertising profile built up for you and knows what you want to see

Google's head is an outed and open Hillary supporter and I believe actual part of her campaign in some capacity.

Just went to google and tried. that is fake bro.

Please. If you don't want Google and Facebook tracking you online you can start by doing the following:

>use Firefox as your browser
>block ads with ublock origin
>use an addon to auto prune/block cookies
>use an addon to ensure https connections always
>use an addon such as Disconnect

If you really value your privacy replace Windows with a Linux distribution. I would recommend Ubuntu as it just werks.

Windows 10 is a security and spying nightmare.

please read the article.

Those screencaps were for a specific point in time when various news stories were trending, most of them at their height significantly earlier in the summer.

google individualises it's search suggestions depending on what you search because they get paid for their advertising, so you could easily get slightly differnt results from here.

The point is that these screencaps were taken from proxy servers under tor so google had not yet built an ad-profile for that IP and so these results show the search manipulation minus any other effects from individualisation.

>To test Lieberman's claim that Google's search suggestions are biased in Mrs. Clinton's favor, my associates and I have been looking at the suggestions Google shows us in response to hundreds of different election-related search terms. To minimize the possibility that those suggestions were customized for us as individuals (based on the massive personal profiles Google has assembled for virtually all Americans), we have conducted our searches through proxy servers — even through the Tor network — thus making it difficult for Google to identify us. We also cleared the fingerprints Google leaves on computers (cache and cookies) fairly obsessively.

To test Lieberman's claim that Google's search suggestions are biased in Mrs. Clinton's favor, my associates and I have been looking at the suggestions Google shows us in response to hundreds of different election-related search terms. To minimize the possibility that those suggestions were customized for us as individuals (based on the massive personal profiles Google has assembled for virtually all Americans), we have conducted our searches through proxy servers — even through the Tor network — thus making it difficult for Google to identify us. We also cleared the fingerprints Google leaves on computers (cache and cookies) fairly obsessively.