Ny good?

ny good?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE
ckollars.org/beyond-the-black-rainbow.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There's a lot of love and hate for this film on Sup Forums, and not much in between.

But pay no attention to the brainlets. It's high-proof kino.

its fucking kino

meh

it's 100% style o% substance

this

There's a lot of subtext brainlets will respond to with "fuck u an taht lol randum bulshit." Because they're brainlets.

wat abut dis??

are you saying im a brainlet

The movie had substance. its about boomers who use drugs to reach spiritual enlightenment and how dangerous that is

Flawed. Visually stunning, incredible soundtrack by Sinoia Caves, but barely enough of a narrative to keep the viewer engaged, and I thought the ending was a letdown.

It reminds me a little of some of the lesser Japanese cyberpunk films of the 80s and 90s, minus the splatter.

>It reminds me a little of some of the lesser Japanese cyberpunk films of the 80s and 90s

it was supposed to. We're living in the postmodern

No idea what that is, expect Iowa, I guess.

It looks good for the first 10 minutes, then it is so laughably bad that the visuals alone don't hold up.

>subtext
well it does have subtext -very in your face- but it doesn't make it any less shit

>stupid person like thing
>u no like thing, k

see that?it's bad

well he said it's bad so i guess i was wrong

I'm certain there are things about this movie you don't understand.

When Barry gets the phone call who is it from?
What is the voice saying to him and what does it mean?

it's all in his head

Not quite.

How is the Arboria institute funded?

NGOs

sounds like it's right up Sup Forumss alley

If by that you mean grants from nonprofits, then no.

Have this instead.

>Bring home the mother lode, Barry

fucking normie i filtered it on purpose

One of the creepiest scenes in movies.

Lived there my whole life and i wouldn't trade it for any of the few other spots in the US I've been to

>his next movie stars Nick Cage
I NEED IT NOW

Upstate or NYC metro?

>doesn't understand it
m.youtube.com/watch?v=ztaZo-qsrTE

>nick cage
Prepare for disappointment.

5 boroughs. Queens mainly but at times bk and nyc.

Yes. It's was ripped off 100% by Stranger Things.

>mad scientist type who "loves" the experiment
>young girl experiment with telekinetic powers
>80s/retro aesthetic
>young girl experiment is the result of experimentation with psychedelics and fringe science
>both girls have connection to another world and that world is likely the source of their powers

This guy is wrong. He read some Adorno and projected his newly-aquired ideas onto it. This happens a lot to people who absorb critical theory or other psychological pardigms.

A lot like this guy who studied some occultism (probably read Jung's work on achemy), then projected that onto it.
> ckollars.org/beyond-the-black-rainbow.html
This guy hit a lot closer to the mark, though.

Ultimately the film is not symbolic of external ideas or philosophies. The complete narrative is striaghtforward if you comprehend the movie's internal symbolism.

If either of these guys had picked up on it they would be able to answer these questions.

Who is the antagonist and what are the goals?
What is the nature of the black goo?
What are the sentionauts on the other floors actually doing?

I wouldn't know the answers if I hadn't read a lot of external analysis though. A lot of people who aren't me picked up on details I missed, and did autistic things with the audio that I wouldn't have.