After reading Rian Johnson's script for The Last Jedi, Hamill said, "I at one point had to say to Rian...

>after reading Rian Johnson's script for The Last Jedi, Hamill said, "I at one point had to say to Rian, 'I pretty much fundamentally disagree with every choice you've made for this character. Now, having said that, I have gotten it off my chest, and my job now is to take what you've created and do my best to realise your vision.'

Luke confirmed for bad guy

Other urls found in this thread:

empireonline.com/movies/news/last-jedi-exclusive-rian-johnson-talks-snoke-kylo-ren/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I am a sith, like my father before me

When's the 1 - 6 marathon like we had before TFA

man, the new Star Wars posters really suck

*the new star wars really suck

Luke confirmed for anti hero trying desperately to end the Jedi and Sith struggle before it gets too far out of hand

Anyone else notice how weird Leia looks in the new poster? Like she was just slapped on or something

>his hood is shaped to resemble Vader's helmet
pottery

Shouldn't it be 1-7 marathon now?
>and I suppose it's possible, it's probably why Hamel has said in many interviews that he doesn't agree with the direction they took his character or something similar

I respect Mark's opinion but I have faith in my nigga Rian.

>sand is the villain in episode 2

I'm in an amazing position where if it's good i'll be happy and if it crashes and burns i'll be happy.

Glad to know

Here's what he had to say regarding Snoke's background, origin, and influence

>We got the whole story of Palpatines rise to power in the prequels, but in the original films hes exactly what he needs to be, which is just The Emperor. Hes a dark force: the scary thing behind the thing. That was entirely how I approached Snoke. I wasnt interested in explaining where he came from or telling his history, except where it serves this story.

>I wasnt interested in explaining where he came from or telling his history

empireonline.com/movies/news/last-jedi-exclusive-rian-johnson-talks-snoke-kylo-ren/

Star Wars was on Death's door with the prequels but there was hope if a sequel trilogy was to come

It is dead now. Gone

Not a bad guy just some old guy who doesn't want to deal with the problems of the galaxy which is the opposite of his character from the old trilogy.

Not to mention that Rey and Kylo are stronger than him.

They clearly slapped her into the middle after Carrie Fisher died.

no. i don't care what any of you shills have to say. if luke is the bad guy, it's not star wars. that's fucking obvious. there's no excuse. i'm sorry that mark hamill has to take a paycheck but he's wrong to do it. he cannot be a bad guy. it isn't real.

Luke will turn out to be Boba Fett in disguise. mark my words, here you read it first

Judging by the trailer it probably means Luke becomes a huge cuck who is afraid of everything and is surrounded by millions of people who are stronger than him

Only the first 6 are worth watching faggot.

yeah fuck this. I knew the new movies were going to suck but this is too far.

It gives away that Poe and Finn are STAR crossed lovers.

Once you sign a contract you can't get out of it. He probably didn't even know the script save the TFA prior to signing on for 2+ movies

Hence his disagreement with fundamentally everything but still applying himself in his role anyway

What exactly is bad about what he said? Trying to rationally explain something like that robs it of all mystery and power. The Emperor in the original was scary because viewers barely knew anything about him other than that he is able to rule an empire without ever moving. Having a bunch of exposition about where such a character comes from and what lead them to become who they are is pointless. It's one of the reasons the prequels sucked so much, because they over explained things that should have been left vague.

He was locked in to multiple films before the story was even written user. Hamill did nothing wrong.

that's fine. it doesn't matter though. my point still stands that luke cannot be the bad guy in star wars. it's just insane. it can't happen. and if that's what happens in this movie, it's not star wars.

>Star Wars was on Death's door with the prequels
>broke the box office with every release
>killing it in merchandise
>gave an entire generation a new star wars saga
>death's door
How delusional are people on this website?

>Star Wars is dead because the new one's aren't like the prequels.
Okay faggot.

The original trilogy books provided a brief backstory for the emperor, even if it was retconned. Snoke is nothing. They didnt even know what he would look like till a couple of months before the movie came out.

"Now I am Darth Vader" -Luke Skywalker, The Last Jedi

>books
Completely irrelevant. Now more so than ever.

The difference is there is established lore and precedent now

TFA was just a shit soulless copy of originals, mainly ANH, easily the worst film to date in the series, and TLJ looks to be barely if at all better, possibly worse.

Fuck off mouseshill

Nice projecting

Creatively dead. As a franchise it will live on eternally. People will pay for whatever garbage it spews because of brand recognition till the end of time

>Once you sign a contract you can't get out of it

literal lol

t. lawfag

Disney wars isn't star wars. I knew after tfa that star wars was dead. If there is one silver lining its that Hamill is getting paid. He probably doubled his net worth with tfa. Im just glad none of the other human garbage involved in this shit are making any money.

Because bullshit like THIS needs explaining.

and what you genuinely believe, deep down, is that the prequels are better than disney star wars? y/n

Same.

Looper was shit

The novelizations of the original films retarded youngfag. The point is the emperor had a backstory, he wasnt just there because.

Protip, Luke isn't evil, but he's going full yodamode autist and the porgs are his only friends.

Would be kino desu

She was slapped by cocaine

>Nice projecting
I'm not projecting. That's literally what you fucking said.

>The novelizations of the original films retarded youngfag.
Is this supposed to prove some point? Still completely irrelevant. We are talking about what is seen on the screen, not what material they put into a hackjob novelization to pad out the page count.

All true SW fans everywhere knew that TFA was insulting them. I don't even give a flying shit about the movies anymore.

We're all still going to watch it though

Yeah i genuinely believe all 6 are better than disney shit. They were interesting cool stories that engaged my imagination for years. Tfa was like punch in the gut and it took me two sittings to get through r1.

I don't know about this but the Darth Vader suit will 100% return in some way. It's too iconic and profitable for them not to.

i have never in my life met anyone who enjoyed the prequels. they are fundamentally and completely different from the original trilogy and they only way it's impossible to say that you enjoyed them is if you watched them as a child. underage=ban

>Star Wars was on Death's door with the prequels but there was hope if a sequel trilogy was to come

>Star Wars is dead because the new one's aren't like the prequels.

Are you just pretending to be retarded? Was it apart of your plan?

No, it doesn't. You can have your choice of 1 of 3 possible cliched back stories that they would give this guy, or you can have the possibility of infinite explanations come from being deliberately vague. And besides don't worry, pal, I'm sure there will be hundreds of youtube EXPLAINED videos that read too much into every detail of the movie and come up with an elaborate backstory that you can then regurgitate.

Ill watch it eventually but i decided id never pay for another disney wars after tfa. You're a fucking faggot if you do.

>Looper was shit in my retarded wrong opinion
ftfy

Wasn't that an idea for the end of Return of the Jedi? Luke would defeat Vader, then put on his helmet and say that.
I think I heard that somewhere

>Creatively dead.
>Prequels were disliked by older fans because of how different it was compared to the originals
>Creatively dead.

>they only way it's impossible to say that you enjoyed them is if you watched them as a child

What kind of retarded faggot are you? The movies are enjoyable whether you think so or not. Let me guess, you're 20 something, right? You pathetic shithead, you don't even know what Star Wars really is if you're going to defend the Disney shit but piss all over the prequels.

You used a quote from Rian explaining that he didn't want to do things like the prequels.

I've never met a true SW fan who grew up with the originals that thinks TFA was any better than the prequels yet told themselves it was upon solely the first viewing out of a desperate bid to deny the truth of having their hopes shattered eternally

>No, it doesn't.

Yes, it does you fucking puke pile. No explanation for things is why these movies are in such a shitty state as it is.

>completely different from the original trilogy
That was the point, you should talk to more people user. All of the movies are flawed in one way or another but they're all special too.

not the bad guy

probably a force fuck puppet

>TFA
>A refreshing homage and not soulless copy

I was 14 when phantom menace came out.

>discussion about Star Wars being dead with the prequels
>starts talking about TFA released 15 years later

>being this much of a tool
>thinking TFA and TLJ copying the originals makes them good or creative

>i have never in my life met anyone who enjoyed the prequels
You must live in a bubble. Most 19-25 year olds I've spoken too prefer ROTS to any Star Wars movie.

Stop speaking bullshit to look cool on an anonymous image board.

>hackjob novelization to pad out the page count
You're just embarrassing yourself at this point faggot.

>can't read or follow a discussion

>I'm in an amazing position where if it's good i'll be happy and if it crashes and burns i'll be happy.
What if it's bad but a financial success?

L Y N C H E D

who dis girl again?

>What if it's bad but a financial success
That's exactly what will happen. It wont come close to tfa box office though

Stop posting like a nigger

easy with the racism

I love situations like this

>complaining that a classic character is given a retarded arc after the original trilogy was already ruined by three garbage prequels and a disappointingly generic sequel

It's all shit guys, just sit back and try to get some iota of entertainment out of it. Find an alternative movie series to embrace. All the classics have been drug through the mud by now.

>supports Disney's garbage

>mfw Luke is the Bad Guy
>mfw Word gets out before Premire
>mfw people cancel preorder tickets in droves
>mfw it's canon and Disney can't salvage the franchise

Fuck off Captain America.

>was already ruined by three garbage prequels

Except that's false. You're lying because you're a butthurt child.

The only good Star Wars movie is A New Hope.
ESB doesn't stand well on its own because it sets up RotJ and bridges the gap between it and ANH.
RotJ is objectively the weakest out of all three, and I'm not even going to mention any of the other movies because they don't even compare to the original trilogy.
If you had to watch one Star Wars movie and could only judge it based on that single movie alone, ANH is the best.

Stewie?

I want Rey to turn evil and Kylo to turn good.

>Here's hoping that Luke convinces Rey to join the Sith; and Kylo, being conflicted all his life, finally converts to the good guys.

>cant follow the discussion
>continue shitposting because you cant admit you fucked up

Only children like the prequels, friend, that's been proven time and again here. Nobody over 25 enjoys them because we grew up with the well made cash grabs rather than the piss poor video game cut scene cash grabs.

And if you think Ep III is a good movie, you're definitely showing your age because nobody who grew up enjoying Darth Vader as a villain could possibly watching a young version of that character say and do all of the things he said and did in Ep III.

Rogue One is better than ANH

ANOTHER galaxy, another time.

The Old Republic was the Republic of legend, greater than distance or time. No need to note where it was or whence it came, only to know that it was the Republic.

Once, under the wise rule of the Senate and the protection of the Jedi Knights, the Republic throve and grew. But as often happens when wealth and power pass beyond the admirable and attain the awesome, there appear those evil ones who have greed to match.

So it was with the Republic at its height. Like the greatest of trees, able to withstand any external attack, the Republic rotted from within though the danger was not visible from outside.

Aided and abetted by restless, power-hungry individuals within the government, and the massive organs of commerce, the ambitious Senator Palpatine caused himself to be elected President of the Republic. He promised to reunite the disaffected among the people and to restore the remembered glory of the Republic.

Once secure in office he declared himself Emperor, shutting himself away from the populace. Soon he was controlled by the very assistants and boot-lickers he had appointed to high office, and the cries of the people for justice did not reach his ears.

No. It was just alright.

>if you watched them as a child. underage=ban
There are people born after episode 1 that are 18 now user

I have permission to stop liking Star Wars if they destroy Luke's Character right?

I mean, if they do, I don't have to go buy tickets to any more Star Wars, and that's a good thing, right?

>Only children like the prequels, friend, that's been proven time and again here

Source: Your ass

Having exterminated through treachery and deception the Jedi Knights, guardians of justice in the galaxy, the Imperial governors and bureaucrats prepared to institute a reign of terror among the disheartened worlds of the galaxy. Many used the imperial forces and the name of the increasingly isolated Emperor to further their own personal ambitions.

But a small number of systems rebelled at these new outrages. Declaring themselves opposed to the New Order they began the great battle to restore the Old Republic.

From the beginning they were vastly outnumbered by the systems held in thrall by the Emperor. In those first dark days it seemed certain the bright flame of resistance would be extinguished before it could cast the light of new truth across a galaxy of oppressed and beaten peoples

From the First Saga

Journal of the Whills

They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes.

Leia Organa of Alderaan, Senator

Retard

Well, I guess there *are* people out there who are technically adults but still have the mind of a child. I'll grant you that.

Your niggers have a problem with Luke being the bad guy? C'mon that would actually improve this fucking piece of garbage. I'm more bothered by the fact Luke is a 60 year old virgin who never met Mara Jade and that he's broken for no fucking reason. He saw Darth Vader's redemption, why did he abandon Kylo? Luke would never do that. He would have done everything to save Kylo and defeat Snoke. He would have continued the legacy of the Jedi, but by training a new generation and having offspring.

Jesus, those prequel posters are fucking awful too.

Fuck that guy putting random lensflares all over the fucking place.

Why lower yourself to posting like a nigger?

Go back faggot.

>Nobody over 25 enjoys them

I'm 34 and like the Prequels.

>tfw 29, and dad had introduced me to SW with the original trilogy

felt good.
also
hayden Christensen sucks ass