So now that the dust is settled, what did we think of this?

So now that the dust is settled, what did we think of this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not good as Season One, not bad as people said so

Thats exactly what I thought.

I didn't want to see it for so long because of how bad everybody painted it out to be. But It was surprisingly enjoyable.

I thought Vince would be the worse out of it, but he was good too.

Did you like the ending?

fpbp

No love for True detective?

train wreck, retarded plot shit acting

Retarded plot?

What exactly were you expecting?

Season 1 plot wasn't that great either, its the characters that made it great. Other than that its the same thing: crime scene linking to a much darker mystery which ends up being linked to powerful men.

>Retarded plot?
youtube.com/watch?v=k_AyMkoyiFM

Ah, so you see you are mixing words here.

That's a retarded scene, not a retard "plot".

In the end, none of the institutions the characters tried to influence experienced any changes after any of them passed. The characters carried no weight, they simply suffered and died. Solving the underlying murder-mystery was pointless, and had no payoff. All the nods to Twin Peaks were interesting but sort of hamfisted. It seemed like they tried to do too much in a small format, without executing any of the plot arcs very well.

Ignoring the plot, interactions between characters were stale and abysmal. Vince's character was enjoyable in a handful of episodes, including his death scene. The rest were cringe-worthy or completely irrelevant.

The setting was generic and depressing as opposed to intriguing, or mysterious.

I know it's a generic response, but the Wire pulled off introducing this many characters in a similar dreary cityscape while caring about what happens to them by the end of a season.

Season 1 felt fresh, this felt like a poor implementation of a typical cop drama, but with big-name actors, none of which delivered.

>not a retard "plot"
> crow mask serial killer
j/k just some broke faggot
> corrupt LAPD hit squad
j/k just don't like faggot cops

lmao what are you talking about dude XD

Caspere knew this

My father always told me to hit the ground running, but how I can I run when I dont even have feet Ray?

>> crow mask serial killer
>j/k just some broke faggot
I didn't watch the second season but this was one of my main issues with the first season (other than Rust being a ridiculously edgy author self-insert). They foreshadow this elaborate, occult conspiracy with possibly supernatural elements but then completely cop out and give it the most banal resolution possible.

>this was one of my main issues with the first season
same in second season.

Season 1 was pretentious as fuck, but had some redeeming aspects to it and the balance between Rust and Marty kept it even.

Season 2 was absolute garbage plot and the characters were as 1-dimensional as it gets. Nothing to endear the viewer in any of the characters. All of the characters were just angsty lunatics so you don't care if they fall apart

Season 2 they should have changed the name to True Depression. It's just a bunch of depressed wankers rambling about

Unironically some of the best television ever made.

>i no get plot

solid noir detective story. How so many people prefer S1 or outright shit on S2 is beyond me

It had some great comedic moments like "did he shit in them?!" But otherwise was seriously lacking in character and story development.

immaculate

la noir in the shadow of the internationalization of the promise of california and the slow demise of the post-war america that let out its distinctive death rattle in the 92 riots

8.5/10 and significantly better than season 1

>It had some great comedic moments like "did he shit in them?!"

Remind me of this. When?

His son big pussy wasn't wearing the sneakers he bought him so he interegates big pussy on the mom's lawn and the mom finally says some kids at school ruined them as a prank so velcro gets right in big pussies face and asks "did they shit in them?"

Was he right?

s1 was far more "accessible," where s2 was the ultimate pleb filter, judging by these threads

the majority is LITERALLY always wrong

Was Velcoro the definitive representation of Sup Forums?

the ending made me so mad at fucking mexicans

Was Frank our guy?

It's better the second time around / rewatch

Now that the burn of it being an actual second season to one of the best seasons of television

bit tough to follow due to muttering, too many references to literally who characters that weren't really ever on screen.

It would be thought of much more positively if it weren't named true detective. impossible standard to live up to.

literally the best scene in season 2

better than season 1

This. It's kino and leagues better than season 1.

Awful,,. Trying to live up to the first season's shit.
S2 would've been better without it

It's still an amazing scene user. It's problem is that it falls into the same formula as season 1 where the midpoint of the season and the catalyst for a lot of development is a "shootout"

Who gives a fuck about anything but these.

>the catalyst for a lot of development is a "shootout"
I take it you didn't actually watch season 2?

>Velcoro quits his job
>Rachel McAdams starts smoking again
>GayPanic McGee gets a promotion and has a baby on the way
All happens directly after the shoot-out, similarly to how in characters' positions and status changes in season 1

I am not sure about this one because I havent seen season 1 in a couple of years.

But I am somewhat sure that the big turning point for Rust and Marty wasn't that shootout in niggertown. That came later, right?

It was the fake shoot-out they staged, at the sight where they found the kids. That's the big one they kept foreshadowing throughout the interviews

i was excited when it aired and gave up about 4-5 episodes in

S2 is a Pleb filter user.

Sorry you aren't into real kino.

Frank inspired me to start my own business. Now I own a web dev firm with 4 employees and stopped being a NEET.

I try to meme like him sometimes too.

Based Frank. I'll never forget.

twin peaks season 3>>>>>>true detective

prove me wrong

I can't agree or disagree yet because those fucks still won't put the episodes on Hulu.

They're just dick-teasing with trailers under its listing

I liked the part where McAdams got fucked in the ass in the apartment.

>tfw

Not even memeing, this character changed my life. His death walking past all that shit, we had a similar life.

>This hurt, it can make you a better man. That's what pain does - it shows you what was on the inside.

BASED

nice blog faggot

awful show but fucking great memes

>Pleb filter
good meme and im glad to pass
the first season is like an older sibling whose shadow looms too large

this.

No meme, user. Sorry

Not your personal blog, fag

I didnt care for most of the characters in The Wire, especially the cops.

>tfw some of the youtube videos got removed with no backup

Thats great user!

Haven't watched S2 so I have no context for the scene but that's just cringey.

God what a cuck