So, let me get this straight. I make $60 an hour worth of product for my company. Yet...

So, let me get this straight. I make $60 an hour worth of product for my company. Yet, somehow I only get paid $13 an hour.

Where is the other $47 dollars going?!??!

My boss makes $21 dollars an hour and he doesn't make a single product he just sits there and tells us what to do what a fucking leech

Should we form a union or something? What advice do you have for me?

If you are a cuck or teacher's pet for your boss, don't even bother posting. If you have legitimate arguments, I am all ears.

Pic unrelated.

>Where is the other $47 dollars going?!??!
Depends what said product is.

>Where is the other $47 dollars going?

thats capitalism 101

> What advice do you have for me?

read the capital

I make £595,000 worth of product for my company per hour yet my standard hourly wage is £15.95

Get on my level.

>My boss makes $21 dollars an hour and he doesn't make a single product he just sits there and tells us what to do what a fucking leech

You salty cunt your boss does far more than just tell you what to do.

His job title is MANAGER, that should explain some of it you entitled fuck.

You didn't make a $60 product though. You contributed $13 worth of labour which the company used to produce something worth $60. If you're making $60 products why don't you fuck the company off?

Fuck off, commie. If you had the means of production your company would fail and you and the rest of the workers would starve.

>If you have legitimate arguments, I am all ears.

You would be making a grand total of $0.00 if you weren't employed. You're entitled to what your labor is worth, not the ideas/hardwork of someone else.

I know that feel.

That's why I started my own company.

It's being reinvested into society you twat

You went the equipment and location for 47$ to sell your products to costumes. Not only this, but the raw materials are payed by your "boss" for you. Pretty sweet deal desu.

>So, let me get this straight. I make $60 an hour worth of product for my company. Yet, somehow I only get paid $13 an hour.

why don't you at least take a guess as to what costs are incurred while running a business

you have to be 18 to post here by the way

You should talk to your boss about his salary. That usually goes well

He took the risk in starting a company when you sat on your ass and eventually found a job. Start your own company if it's so easy. /thread

maybe u should start ur own business fgt

It appears my time travel device brought me back to 1848. But for some reason Karl Marx is in the US instead of London. Hmm...

It's another: The end market price of the product I made for my company entitles me to all the profits thread.

Sage this shit, it's on here too much. Kids want to bitch and troll instead of making their own company.

>The cost of the building
>the cost of utilities for that building
>the wage of the people not making product that still need to be paid for their work
>the CEO that has every right to pay himself what he feels is responsible to the survival of the company
>the profits of the company
It's all spelled out in their tax filings

THIS IS HOW LEFTISTS ACTUALLY THINK
>THIS IS HOW LEFTISTS ACTUALLY THINK

This is why you're only worth $13 an hour.

Rough estimate:
$5 for office space and facilities
$5 for company cars
$5 for support staff (system administrator, secretaries, accounting, cleaning, etc.)
$25 for colleagues who do shit all, but don't get fired for some reason.
$5 for shareholders.
$2 for higher management.

negotiate a higher wage for yourself or get a different job.

or start your own company, retain all of the risk and liability that follows, against all odds become successful and then hire a bunch of ingrates like yourself who believe that they can do your job.

It's tires

okay but what should i do besides reading i want this to stop

manager means you tattel tale on your fellow workers and in exchange you don't have to do actual work because you are a suck up to higher ups. Nothing noble about that.

Because I don't have control of hundreds of acres of land and machinery?

It is my hard work though. I make the tires. My boss just sits there, same with the owner. They are leeching off me.

I think i would do this but there is a high amount of money necessary for this field

it would be reinvested if I got that $47 dollars. All money given to anyone is reinvested, nobody burns stacks of cash.

I'm 27 and I have 5 years work experience and I work 50 hours a week. Go back to college dumb libertarian.

>It is my hard work though. I make the tires. My boss just sits there, same with the owner. They are leeching off me.

Make your own tires then.

>Because I don't have control of hundreds of acres of land and machinery?

So how did you make a $60 product?

>read the capital
In other words, become a living fatal conceit.

>the CEO that has every right to pay himself

That is the most retarded thing about the system.

If you;re some genius CEO then sure, you deserve a high pay.
But even shitty CEO's, and that's 95% of them, get payed huge sums just for being on top the hierarchy.

Profit to the company, overhead, reinvestment in new product so that you still have a job tomorrow you fucking dumb ass.

>So, let me get this straight. I make $60 an hour worth of product for my company. Yet, somehow I only get paid $13 an hour.

This is why you are only being paid $13 an hour

>My boss just sits there
Sorry but no.
Being a manager in the great majority of cases is a total pain in the ass. Being in an office instead of moving around doesn't mean he doesn't work. If you were actually 27 you'd know these things.

OP here, do you guys know if Trump supports unions. I mean the owners get to organize themselves by forming groups (corporations, partnerships) so it is only fair for the workers to form a group too. What is trump's position on Unions?

I know Hillary is a corporate shill so that's not even a question.

go into business for yourself

I know this is bait but here goes:

Can he do your job?
Can you do his job?

Just end yourself, jew.

>okay but what should i do besides reading i want this to stop

whats the closest guerilla gorup next to you?FAL I believe?Go there and pray that they dont kill you as a CIA agent or be the next Guevara and start your own movement in some Latin American shithole or try this in the states and get Guantanamo'ed

Here's the only answer about Unions you'll ever need to hear.

So my company makes about 100k a week. I make 640$ I don't complain because I didn't start the company

BTFO

I courted and signed a new customer worth $3mil in gross sales. Margin is 30% on our product. In my yearly review they said they could give me a 2% raise.

I immediately went on LinkedIn and started hitting up HR recruiters from competing companies. I introduced myself as the guy who signed xxxx since many others were after them.

I told them I was just rewarded with a 2% raise and I'm ready to jump ship.

I had several offers and just left my company for a $35k raise.

My company:
>can we counter offer?
Me:
>lmao you already told me what I was worth to you. No. Let's schedule the exit interview.

My boss even said directly after telling me what kind of raise I was getting,
>"so, um are you entertaining offers from other companies"
Me:
>I wasn't but apparently the company wants me to.

All he said was he's sorry. Yeah? So am I. Last I heard my old company started requiring people at my job level to sign non compete agreements. Lmao diagf.

I am non-violent though and I believe in democracy. I think workers should be able to vote on what happens with the yearly profit.

I know what pressure feels like and I’m not afraid to sit on fire. I’ve handled fire all my life. With that said, I disappointingly wish to resign two weeks from today 9/10/2016

I really do hate throwing in the towel, but since turning 28 this month, I’ve dealt with extraordinarily serious problems in regards to my health and finances. I can’t tell you how disheartening it is to be part of an machine of a single location that generates 100M, making less than I did 10 years ago as some stupid kid. A livable wage has been the subject of a 3 month process that is clearly going nowhere. My wage is nowhere near enough what is needed to survive competitively or with hopes of starting a family out here in Boston.

(1/2)

this is from a 2 weeks notice I just turned in to my job.

material costs
operational costs like electricity and fuel
maintenance costs like fixing everything in the building you guys break
taxes
supervision. because you and your coworkers would dick off if not watched constantly.

Ok, if you don't like it sell your own product, of course you are going to put the material, the publicity, the maquinary, the job and the transportation of that product to stores.

If all of that cost less than 60$, congratulations you have a business, if not, then your boss is not getting that much

This

My gaffer is one of the most dtressed out people I've ever know.

He's a proper lad though and I can talk to him at face value so I have great respect for the guy. He has the motivation to do what I don't and that is why he wakes £55k a year and I make £33k

Leaf is right.

The thing is, at the end of the day, you are not clever, nor ballsy enough to start your own company. Sorry, you are not a special snowflake that deserves everything in the world like your parents told you. In fact, you are completely replaceable.

you realize the product is made of materials and goods which must be bought and sourced, correct?

And the product must also be quality tested, marketed, shipped, depending on the product licenses must be bought or safety tests passed.

The facility you are standing in, making the product? Needs to be paid for.

And at the end of all of that, a profit must also be made so as to return investment into the company for future research or expansion, or to pay to shareholders who purchased stock.

So yeah, that's where all the money goes.

The corporate mobile app I made for the company I interned at for free sold it for £15,000. Get on my level wage cucks.

>why he wakes £55k

makes*

(2/2)
I have a discriminating eye for detail and I wear an eclectic tool belt of knowledge and skills. The Employee Committee and Assistant Store Managers appreciate my help with visuals and signage for example. I’m one of the very few employees in our enormous staff even offering to help in that committee. 2 out of 3 interactions with our largely diverse customer base require guidance and problem solving which provides a huge benefit to our business that can’t possibly show up on any of the sales chart. This sort of effort provides that knowledge needed for that important second visit with a spouse or a business partner or someone with a client. My department relies on the hands of the salesperson who is active. A salesperson, like myself, who is visible to customers. The double edge sword is that I regularly get trapped with mundane, laborious tasks while some only hove at the desk all day. For a sales job without any commission incentive, I do a lot of heavy lifting and product maintenance. Its unclear to me why my effort and energy isn’t enough for ( ( ( l a r g e c o r p o r a t i o n ) ) ) to invest so little back towards me, considering I’m top 10 in the region consistently and having exceed sales expectations by over 127% (and climbing) according to last week’s 6 month recap.

>dtressed

stressed*

'kinell this tequila is having an effect

>I have worked for a company
>I have a pretty good idea of how to form a better system for workers

Are you sure about that?

>be a labourer at an oil company
>15-20 of us physically do everything
>meanwhile the offic is full of 60+ managers managing supervisors managing coordinators
>oil price drops
>most are fired immediately
>labourers still employed

Still make shit wages though and there's 1000+ resumes waiting to replace anybody kek

Does Trump support the Unions or the Owners? Anyone know?

Obviously Clinton is pro-corporation and anti-worker

It has been proven multiple times through history that workers wont get anything without violence,not rights,not increased wages,let alone the means of production

Revolutions will always be violent even though I seriously doubt that anyone can crumble capitalism except from itself and its greed at this point

So, let me get this straight. I make 8 gallons of milk per day for my farm. Yet, somehow I only get like 2 liters of water and a bunch of grass per day.

Where are the 8 gallons going?!??!

My farmer gets the 8 gallons and a bunch of stuff from other animals and he doesn't make a single gallon of milk he just sits there and tells us what to do what a fucking leech

Should we form a union or something? What advice do you have for me?

if you are a duck or the farmer's dog, don't even bother posting. If you have legitimate arguments, I am all ears.

Pic related.

Why don't you go and make product on your own and keep all of the profit? :^)

yeah. the problem is you have a boss, faggot. it doesn't matter what induwstry you're in. fact of the matter is you'll always be someone's bitch, unless you volunteer or stand for omethings.

He is pro-business but only so far as it helps out the American worker.

I was also offered a big pay rise AFTER I quit to start my own business.
And I even gave them a whole year heads-up on my plans before I actually quit.

What everybody needs to realize:
No matter if you do a great job or a terrible job, you never get a proper wage increase unless you either switch companies or get promoted to management.
And the latter is all about ass-kissing and networking, not your performance.

The idea that hard work gets rewarded is a myth.

Well gee let me guess
>Equipment maintenance
>Product material prices
>Wages for in-direct workers (receptionists, cashiers, janitors)
>Product transportation
>Taxes
>Business property upkeep
>Business growth (so you're not out of a job in 3 years when the competition grows)

not sure if bait, leftists really are this stupid when it comes to business

Listen, American, being pro-worker, from your commy point of view, is exclusive to the left, and the US has no leftists. What you people call leftists are the right wing of Brazil so be glad for what you have.

If you have any interest in actually growing intelectually, go read George Orwell's "Animal Farm". It is a book where animals of a farm ask themselves the exact very thing you are asking: Why is one guy who just sits on his ass all day getting all I produce and giving me almost nothing in return? Why don't we do a revolution, take over the means of production?

You'll find the answer to your question there. It isn't a long read really and it's one of the greatest classics.

Also to OP, I make only $18/h but if you factor in all the training, benefits, and equipment we get it costs the company $30/h per worker

Why Taxes of course.
WTF did you think paid for all those government worker pensions and programs for dindus.

Stupid asshole.

>Not again

I'm going to very lightly play this game

60.00 price (I'm assuming whole sale)
-13.00 labor
-10.00 Materials
-1.95 cost of running machine (electricity etc)
- 0.05 depreciation of machine bought 10 years ago
- 5.00 Marketing costs to sell tire
- 2.00 Engineering cost to design tire X years ago
- 1.00 Shipping costs
- 17.00 Overhead (wages for your supervisor, CEO etc)
-------------------
$50.00

A whopping $10 not allocated, which will go to profits which the company will use as retained earnings for the machine that will replace the one your using now, the materials that will need to be bought in advance, and the new tire you will be making so you have a job tomorrow.

Go fuck yourself kill yourself

Babies first introduction into capitalism.

>Greece
>giving anyone advice on economics

This. The price involves the labor, materials, logistics of the product. not just to pay the person making it.

ITT people who can't into accounting. Have you read any quarterly statements from your firm to see various returns and growths?

Capital is hardly a how to communism 101 guide. It is basically an analysis of capitalism, hence the name. People assume book is about revolution and how to into communism but marx %95 of the time talks solely about capitalism and the rest of the 5% is vague and offer no solution.

The capital in your mind resembles far more the works of Lenin than Marx.

>what is overhead, Alex?

My advice is kill yourself you whiny fuck.

Just in case nobody else has posted it, here you go OP. Now shut the fuck up.

he thinks what he made is going to keep the lights on.

Nice digits so I'll respond.

If that's where all the money goes, where does the owner get the money to buy three downtown penthouses for his second wife and two mistresses and for the diamonds he buys them?

Are you telling me this is a more "efficient" allocation of resources than giving the workers a raise so they can buy college for their kids?

Cool ID by the way.

Sage the bait threads

Das Kapital is just like you said. An angry rant against capitalism. After I read it I saw how Marx really is. An angry scholar nutjob like Lenin

Yes. You have to fight your ass off for yourself, make demands, communicate consequences then be willing to follow through.

Unless you have a based company with a very good culture that is generated at the top you likely aren't going to be taken care of properly.

The best companies in my opinion have less than $500mil in sales. Huge multinationals give zero fucks about you and will likely hire some tranny to start up a lifestyles division for $500/year before they will honestly reward you for performance.

$60 worth of product in an hour is fucking terrible you slow shit
I can make near $500 wholesale worth of shit in an hour and that's mostly by hand

It's hard to judge the costs of the tire industry.

But I worked for a consultancy agency.
Customers payed the company I worked for 120 euros per hour for every hour I worked for them.
My pre-taxes share came down to 27 euro's per hour.
I didn't even have a company car, just a desk, a phone and a laptop.

It's not like you can be a manager. Your probably some ass burger kind of person that can't look a fucking man in the eyes when being spoken to.

Want to get paid? Get a job in sales. Making 160k this year with over $5m in sales.

Let's use a legitimate example here.
You work in a hoagie shop named "Wewa", you sell $120 worth of hoagies an hour and there are 5 people working in your store, 4 associates (averaging $11 an hour) and 1 manager ($17 an hour). So that is $44 in labor for your work, $17 for his and the materials let's estimate at $30. So far we are at a total store level cost of $91, now you have the expense of using credit card processing, lights, water, advertisement and let's make an approximate guess we are at $111. The company netted a cool $9 dollars.

GFY

Hardly an angry rant, I'm a libertarian but one must give the devil his due. Capital is a great work concerning the late 19th century capitalism. I would hardly call it an angry rant. I think people shit on Karl Marx solely for him being Karl Marx. Similar to liberals or nazis I see refusing to hear anyword when it comes from milton lejewman

Then again I have seen people who claim to read and refute everything on kapital in about 2 weeks here. I doubt most folk here read their own sides economist let alone the opposite.

Pic related is the only correct answer here.

I know, even my ID is unique.

The owner could allocate $1 to himself and put the other $16 towards profit. Zuckerberg et al do it (they're salary per year is $1). They make their money buying and selling the stocks they split, buy, sell, and consolidate (which they award themselves profusely).

It's the CEOs choice to pay himself $1M instead of investing in another machine that will make him $2M. His business, his choice. The "efficiency" is in the books and his head.

To pay everyone else above you dumbshit.

Marketing
Board
Administration
Human resources
Paying the fucking bills for the establishment you work for.

That's why you are stuck being a salesman because you don't understand the concept of a business

Wait did you just ignore my post and a bunch of people such as only to give a half baked "wtf my boss has nice stuff" reply? Go eat shit OP you are not interested in learning anything, people offered you prime redpill material and you are not even willing to give them a reply unless they have nice digits

He points out flaws in capitalism, but his answer is backed by nothing. When founded in reality it fails. It seems more like he's some philosopher trying to think away capitalism, but gives no practical answer to fixing the problems

Doesn't include any employer provided fringes that dude probably gets like mandatory healthcare or whatnot.
They could easily be making a buck a piece.

>60 dollars worth of product
>47 of it goes to maintenance, planning, expansion, shipping, and profit.
Not that hard to understand, try working somewhere that makes over 3k dollars worth of profit per hour and only making 25 dollars an hour.
Computer engineers are fucked.
Anyways all companies that are for profit work in a communistic fashion. The difference being if a certain person or sometimes entire section brings down efficiency. Those guys get cut.
Your money is evenly split amongst everyone.

lol

implying all you supply side simps aren't either

>unemployed and useless

Or

>also getting fucked over by a company that could easily afford to share more of its profits with you, but won't

in before "I own three businesses of my own and am shitposting from my yacht"

sure you are, shrekeli

Ah, the old "labor wages are the entire overhead of my company" meme. Marxists will never let this one go.

Listen bro there's capitalism and socialism and fascism and everything but DIGITS take precedence overall okay

Praise KEK

Plus i got to jack off so i can be ready for another wonderful day of work..i'll be back in 25 minutes though

Company I worked for used to literally pimp me out for $200+/hr and I only saw $23 of that

Even prostitutes are exploited less if you look at it mathematically

This is a crazy system and i'm not crazy for questioning it

Seriously GFY

Not even Brazil's commies are this dumb, what the fuck US?

cool now start your own business with a couple of friends and give yourself the full $60 an hour you deserve