/STD/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Old Thread:

klingon sex

how did the klingons know where lorca was

do they have spyes

I hope Ripper comes back

>spyes
imagine being this dense

Why would you want to subject poor Ripper to Discovery's crew of fuckups?
Did it murder your waifu?
Is that why you hate it?

Torrent?

Did someone get ridge'd?

CBS: Give us something cool with the 19-29 demo

STD: Say no more, the fidget spinner ship.

AISHITETA TO NAGEKUUUU NI WA

because he's cute

is Archer still alive?

He would only be about 150

IT WAS FUCKING EPIC!!! i mean COOL!

human starfleet captive was a the preferred sex toy of the female klingon captain

yeah yeah, bitch moaning and complaining. if you're gonna use my webms to shitpost at least be more creative jesus. what did your sense of humor get a STD and die?

it will come back to save the day when it feels Micheal's pain

I hope there is a cure for this STD but the only thing I can think of is cancellation.

>robert april
>TAS is canon
wut

again, can you at least be more creative? like, you can be a whiny bitch, but at least be funny about it.

on After Trek they showed a guy in a green suit running around doing the Tardigrade acting

the old computer voice was better

the new one is so bland.

They've pretty much been making the same few identical post in every STD thread. The show's existence seems to seriously offend them enough to make them act like autistics.

Isnt there a different webm of the 2 disks spinning? Jesus christ, months ago when I saw the ship design I thought that maybe they could disengage some locks and maybe one of those disks could separate off or some shit like TNG style..... but I never expected this fidget spinner shit, seriously what the fuck?

so, was it rape?

gotta admit ppl who post in these threads are more creative than the people who made the show who lacked the imagination to create realistic worlds or storylines.

no wonder this ship design was rejected only a complete tard could think this was something audiences would want.

This the netflix renewal? Is it any good? According to imdb it's really bad... But, I don't know.

>preferred sex toy of the female klingon captain
>female klingon captain

Oh no, that sounds horrible....h-how detailed do they go into this terrible circumstance....

i like how it spins *drools*

a bunch of whiny fanboys have been brigading it

engage fidget spinners!!!

The absolute state of STD

fucking hell... wheres the captains yacht?

its not that great of a show so far

>a bunch of whiny fanboys have been brigading it
quit sounding like a sperging autist with a conspiracy theory around every corner, a small group of fans would have zero effect.

If you like Star Trek, this show is fucking awful.

That's a good trick.

lol, you can just look to the user reviews if you want to see the whiny fanboys, they're not hiding kid.

Captain's yachts were a TNG thing, and even then not all ships had one. I don't recall them ever being mentioned in TOS or Enterprise. The Constitution-class ships definitely didn't have them.

its not a half bad sci-fi show, if it had nothing to do with trek, unfortunately it takes a big stinky shit all over trek

this

>
Yeah sure, but couldn't they of least changed it in a way that made it look vaguely like the old one?

Whatever, isn't worth the time splitting hairs over, least of the issues at this point.

This, and as far as we know it's only on the Sovereign class.

It always was

>you will never feed Tilly

>Yeah sure, but couldn't they of least changed it in a way that made it look vaguely like the old one?
no that would be illegal their using the paramount license from JJ abrams bad robot studio and why one of those studio heads Kurtzman the same guy who made the trek movies is heading up the team for STD.

JJ wasnt done with ruining the movies, this is his chance to ruin the tv show as well.

From an investor point of view I am enjoying this very much and look forward to using it to my advantage one way or the other.

'For the biographical display seen in "In a Mirror, Darkly, Part II", writer Mike Sussman wrote a final section of text that didn't end up being visible on screen, stating that a 132-133 years old Archer " ... died at his home in upstate New York in the year 2245, exactly one day after attending the christening ceremony of the first Federation starship Enterprise, NCC-1701".'

All TV and film Trek is canon. The idea that TAS wasn't canon is a decades-only shitpost

post the not shopped version

>new STD thread is created
>a few people post
>4 unique posters are in the thread
>someone comes in and makes a familiar anti-STD post
>unique posters now at 5
>another anti-STD post is made
>unique posters still at 5
>another anti-STD post is made
>unique posters still at 5
Really activates those almonds.

I marked the fuck out when they said fucking. Little better episode than last week.

Also Mirror universe confirmed.. get hype

Why is there a fat chick on Star Trek?

decades old*

Galaxy-class ships had them.

Did they seriously justify everything is fucking dark on the ship because the captain is sensitive to light?

You seem knowledgeable, I have questions I've tried asking before that always go without answer:

1) How did Sloan get around? He was so elusive they ended up having to lure him to DS9.

remember how section 31 abducted Bashir while he was at a medical conference and tried to recruit him? Seems a bit like what happened to Michael.

2) So is the section 31 shit on discovery ruled out yet?

3) could future section 31 have this spore technology that allows them to "materialize anywhere"?

Yeah, basically its S.T.I.N.O., Star Trek In Name Only. Its not a bad sci-fi show... it just doesn't belong in the Trek-verse. And thats not me being a fan-boy, thats just a fact.

based thiccshooper

That scene was awkward, what was Lorca doing on a shuttle anyways?

Galaxy class ships were the earliest ships I've heard of that had them. The Ambassador class ships didn't and they were pretty much the Galaxy class's direct predecessors.

All the first clip is missing is a pepperoni pizza to slice

Traveling back to the Discovery from the meeting he just had the previous scene you dense motherfucker.

That isn't how fucking motion capture works. You're just pissing off the animator later because he has to work over the fucking idiot running around like a retard.

Investor? Wtf are you talking about? Are you a billionaire hoping JJ Jewbrams ruins this shit so you can buy the rights to franchise on the cheap?

Why? The have holograms and transporters.

You do realize I'm talking about the old D7 from TOS, and not something from the JJ movies right?

I just used the JJ movies as a frame of reference to what I mean in terms of modernize the design, but keep the general shape, like it did with the consitution class. But in having this team do it here with a new Klingon D7 design, based on the old TOS in general looks and shape but updated besides.

>transporters work at interstellar ranges
nuTrek retard

Did they? I only remembered them mentioned in insurrection and assumed. Still seems either way they're realitively new like said if the Galaxy is the first to have them.

Yes they did. Because he murdered his crew and chose his pain lol. It doesn't get dumber.

We're in agreement that episode 5 was far and away the best so far, right?

>The story involves more than just Michael doing everything. Saru and Lorca both got some good amount of focus which was overdue.
>The story itself was interesting and well executed. With minimal awkward lines or inexplicable character behaviour.
>Rainn Wilson actually fucking killed it as Mudd and added some much needed levity and wit to the show.

Only real downside is that it appears the literal annoying faggots don't seem like they're going to get killed off anytime soon. Also what the fuck is with the doctor's teeth, I'm not the only one noticing this, am I?? My only hope is that some of those bridge crew characters that got some screen time this episode get promoted to main cast and can maybe begin to displace these two horribly bad characters.

Was genuinely ready to drop the show if this episode was just another train wreck, but I'm now back to the feeling I had after the pilot episodes: cautiously optimistic.

WHY DO KLINGONS HAVE TWO DICKS NOW?

DOES THAT MEAN WHENEVER WORF WAS BANGING DAX, HE WAS ALSO FUCKING HER UP THE ASS AT TH EXACT SAME TIME HE TOOK HER UP THE PUSSY?

1. They never explain it.
2. No, the black badges seem to indicate section 31
3. Probably.

>Investor?
I think you only need 10 shares to technically be an investor at least with CBS id have to check on the voting rules again though.
>Are you a billionaire hoping JJ Jewbrams ruins this shit so you can buy the rights to franchise on the cheap?
Im not that rich user. My goal is to make money on both ends which will increase my holdings so yea it sounds weird but its doable. All while collapsing one party involved and making bank off moving that somewhere to a land far far away, which is for the better anyways. The jackpot is collapsing the third, these things are long term things they take time, but we fight to make it happen.

how the fuck is there fat people in the future?

Foods more readily available and free? Bound to be at least some fat people in the future.

Pic related.

I think you mean T H I C C.

Are the ratings low because of it not belonging in the trek-verse, or because it's poorly acted, poor plot, and just plain bad production value?

What a shuttle can get further than a transporter? Fuck off.

So you want them all to crash sans survivors?

Holograms would.
Kahn transported to Qu'Onos in Star Trek into darkness

the holograms do

why was a captain away from his experimental warship in the middle of a war

what about holograms? Blew the that budget on the first episode?

>the only person acting like a member of starfleet (willing to sacrifice himself for a creature he knows little about, other than it is possibly sentient) is the asshole engineer
FUCKING COOL

>T H I C C
Which is 2017 ebonics for 'I have a fat fetish'

>Kahn transported to Qu'Onos in Star Trek into darkness
Fuck off with your JarJar Jewbrams bullshit, it's a different timeline.

because plot

>So you want them all to crash sans survivors?

Not all 3 then id lose money, just one party to crash. I wont make money in the crash of said party but in the moving of assets to its new home.

fair enough. thanks.

keep telling yourself that.

>the most well-adjusted character in the entire series so far goes apeshit, condoning torture of a sentient lifeform knowing fully well it suffers
Well, I'm out.

I see I misread. Best of luck to you in that.

If I had a couple billion I would buy the rights and make a decent Trek. I seriously don't get how these studios fuck up so hard. My guess is they are just so detached from the fanbase, or from reality in general. They seem like people who live in bubbles who don't understand people but understand demographics, data and money but just can't seem to connect everything.

I'm definitely in agreement with you. I don't dislike Michael, but It's amazing how much show's quality increase when it becomes more crew focused and less centered around Michael. Hopefully, they continue that.

>Rainn Wilson actually fucking killed it as Mudd
I was pleasantly surprise. I'm glad they made Mudd a real piece of shit instead of lovable rogue like I feared they were going to do.

>annoying faggots
Eh, I like Stamets. I'm not currently a big fan of the sassy doctor, though, but maybe that will change.

>what the fuck is with the doctor's teeth
It's very noticeable. The guy has had a lot of dental work done.

who's the top?

They're both so fucking creepy looking. Matched with their horribly bad acting it's really unnerving to watch their scenes.

Asking the relevant question and yet ignored, the fucking state of this board.

chek'd and thanks user!

>If I had a couple billion I would buy the rights and make a decent Trek.
Sounds about right you would need that to pull it off and do something with the license as well as protect it.

> I seriously don't get how these studios fuck up so hard.
That implies its not done on purpose for reasons.
>They seem like people who live in bubbles who don't understand people but understand demographics, data and money but just can't seem to connect everything.
If your talking studio execs, they only care about what they care about. Its not that their detached they just dont care. When I first got involved oddly in things I thought that STudio Execs and the CEO's were just business people, hired for say their resume, providing budgets and overseeing general finances.

I quickly learned that and there is no single example of this behavior that the suits dont care about fans, directors, or anything, they care about what they want and that is it. So its odd you get life long business types trying to suddenly act like their the Spielbergs of the industry. Ive since adjusted to leverage this to an advantage because the storm is coming.

It seems widespread everywhere except Disney but thats another story.

If the ratings are low its because people are being jewed into paying for CBS on demand in the US. If you're outside the US its free on Netflix... I don't know if VPN's work w Netflix or not... Basically CBS is retarded.
>make Trek video on demand paysite so only diehards will want to watch it
>make the show for normies almost intentionally turning off diehards
Its like they want to fail
The acting is par for network TV but 5 tiers below DS9/TNG (same as Voyager).
Production value is pretty ok. The makeup is good. The Klingons are horrible, they look like Orcs and talk like kids with downs syndrome making the same repetitive grunt noises. The ship design sucks and the uniforms suck but they look very nice. The lighting is shit. The writing isn't horrible...it just doesn't fit the trek-verse. The tone is wrong (too dark/edgy/grim).The format is off (it so far up until tonight exclusively follwed one character). Its a mixed bag.

is he a vampire now?

>storm

What storm?

BBC obvi

>Culber fucks Stamets
>Stamets is their new navigator on the mycelial plane
>the mycelial network contracts AIDS
>that entire plane of subspace collapses

aye agree but we need some character development from other members of the crew pretty quickly.
got some admiration for Lorca this episode so thats great step.

would explain why we never hear about it a hundred years later for voyager