Why is it so difficult to accept for people that Snoke is literally just Snoke?

Why is it so difficult to accept for people that Snoke is literally just Snoke?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwyGyVsSA
scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/67863/who-created-the-character-darth-bane
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>2k15+2
>watching or caring about star wars
shiggy
diggity
dee

Because WE HAVE YO ANALIZE IT

HYPEEEE

EPIC HYYYPEEEEEE

IS SNOKE A JEDI
IS SNOKE A PALPATINE
IS SNOKE ANOTHER SITH LOOPED?¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

WHAT ABOUT THE RULE OF TWO??? IS THE PRIME DERECTIVE VIOLATED NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

m-maybe the next one will be good

Because one of the things they did during promotion of SW7 is ask "Who is Snoke?" to the public in a winkwinknudgenudge manner implying he was a known character.

Because this is pleb wars and there are no new main characters, only long lost brothers, children, and resurrected bad guys.

hes obviously just the emperor but not, its just that its really lame and its fun to pretend otherwise

I hate these movies, but I still want to know what happens next. Why?

Because the only slightly interesting thing in the movie was him

because star wars is all about retarded hereditarianism

Tarkin magically survived the blast, got fucked up so is scarred and gross. Turns out he's snoke.

Who the fuck cares, can't believe people hyped this franchise up so much. Watched all 7 for the first time last year and none of them are good.

Because Snoke is the worst name yet in the Star Wars universe.

Even Porg would've been a better name for him.

Snoke is starkiller though

After Darth Vader built C3PO and the Clone Wars were made from Boba Fett clones made from a Boba Fett clone prequelbabbies think everything in the universe has to be connected

It's hard to blame the audience

Most of this trilogy just seems to be picking at the bones of the OT and PT so it doesn't seem too far-fetched to assume Disney would just resurrect one of the old characters for a villain

>worst name yet in the Star Wars universe

Hello there

It's pretty retarded that there is yet ANOTHER super powerful and knowledgeable dark lord of the Sith just hanging out in the background in such a short amount of time from the OT desu

There must be only TWO. Clearly Sheev breaks the rules but we've already seen his backup backup apprentice.

>snoke
>ekons
>reckons
>reckoning
>"I'm Gotham's reckoning"
Holy shit guys

Is he really a sith lord? It's not been entirely confirmed that he's a force user, has it?

We need to analyze his 1 second appearance in the trailer some more

>Post 2013
>Shiggydiggying
You are worse

>It's not been entirely confirmed that he's a force user, has it?
Did you even watch TFA or the new trailer?

Because you re interested in the world that once was fun, well made, with art like music in it.

But then Jews happened.

Just because he uses the dark side doesn't mean he is a follower of the Sith Code.
Actually it is pretty much confirmed that he is not following the Sith Code. His "apprentince" wasn't given a Sith title and he was just refered to as Supreme Leader Snoke, never Darth Snoke or whatever.

Well, you haven't been here when Sup Forums discovered wookiepedia if you think that's the worst one.

It's sheev everybody

He's a big guy

for rey

I was hoping that he had been bullshitting Kylo, and that's why Kylo kinda sucked. That deception could also inspire more resentment in Kylo and push him away from the First Order and towards some kind of redemption. Kylo could have been working off what Luke taught him (or nothing, since that worked for Rey).

I wanted to believe there was more to it than another dark lord, a whiny apprentice, and an ultra powerful jedi girl kicking their asses. Snoke being "Palpatine-again-but-not-funny" is really lame.

Sith
Necromantic
Obi-Wan
Kenobi
Emperor

Kights of Ren(ascence of Obi-Wan Kenobi as a Sith Lord)

"The afterlife is cold, Luke. So cold. And there are 'Things' with us there. Dreadful things. Things that want to eat our souls. I find a way back, a way to saty on the mortal plane. I feed them other people's souls. Wgah'nagl fhtagn!"

He's more than just Snoke. He's Not-Voldemort.

But jokes aside:
"Supreme Leader Snoke is WISE"
"Anakin, have you ever heard the story of Darth Plagueis The Wise"?

Not to mention his theme on the soundtrack sounds almost identical to the music played during the scene where Palpatine tells that story, as well as the Emperor's theme itself. Its like a fusion of the two.

>'Snoke/Plagueis influenced the creation of Rey so that he'd have a new host body that could handle his powers after Palpatine tried to kill him'

That fan theory is too good to make it into the SW movies.

Hes lukes clone, luuke but eviler and has Sheeev dna spliced in. His scar is from anakin's ghost lightsabre, but he used his force power of force ghost absorbtion

>mace windu
what? is this some shitty bait answer that makes zero sense

>codifying force powers and lightsaber combat

pure autism, far worse than midichlorians

YES!

A Luuke clone story could work if it wasn't just muh evil version. The clone concept is unexplored as fuck in the movies.

Thanks i was going for very autistic

Snoke's a Big Guy.

Or he's multiple people on top of each other wearing one big cloak.

He's the Bothan that survived getting the Death Star plans and never got paid. On top of that some assholes Rebels and their bunny mascot claim they stole the plans in the first place.

>giant hologram

It checks out

A lot of people actually seem to think so, i included it as an option because it's one of the more discussed alternatives, and if i hadn't, people would've complained
that being said, i wouldn't be surprised if people voted ironically

>WHAT ABOUT THE RULE OF TWO???
Rule of two went out the window with the prequels. There are actually hundreds of sith at any given time.

The truth?

He's an original character that was on the Death star 2 and got some of Sheev's power as he was dying. He's not possessed though.
His injuries are because he was barely able to escape the destruction in a pod that got damaged. His new Force Powers(TM) made him able to survive all that shit before getting rescued by a fleeing Empire ship.

Bothans died getting the plans for the second Death Star, not the first.

Why did JewJew make Snoke's hologram gigantic?
It's nothing but impractical

Because if there is any sense to it, Snoke would have been a character in earlier movies.
For a 'epic space opera', it makes little sense to just suddenly spring a character on us this late in its structure without there being some revelation of the character in the earlier parts.

That's Rebel Fake News!

>Skywalker is somehow not a retarded name just because it has nostalgia protection

because its nonsensical? Where was this all powerful force user during the reign of Palpatine? The man's clearly very old - coming up with shit like "oh, he was off in the unknown regions doing his own thing in the galaxy" is shonen anime tier bullshit. There's no way he, and whatever he was doing, wouldn't have realistically been discovered by reconnaissance or whatever. The whole "they came from beyond idea" ruins antagonists because it basically means that writers can pull a villain out of their ass - no matter how many have been defeated - with zero effort. It's the height of laziness so of course that's the direction they're going in because everything about this soft reboot is minimum effort for maximum profit.

it's going to turn out that he was behind everything Sheev did, he is going to be like the Starkiller base, the bigger and badder evil who breathes force flames and only the new super chosen Rei can take him down with her super force powers and a super lightsaber with a suber ultra kyber krystal

watch it happen

The guy needs to have some fucking backstory. This is an established universe with a shitton of lore. You can't just have a super powerful old guy pop up out of nowhere without any explenation.

Darth Bane?

>because its nonsensical? Where was this all powerful force user during the reign of Palpatine?

Maybe he wanted to be discreet about it ? (i.e. not be too jewie about it and show his true intentions at the time)

Shiggy diggity started in 2011. Lurk more, newfag.

sure, but where was he?

The rides never ends.

when are they going to introduce Lord Nyax

What? Pretty sure the rule of two wasn't even a Lucas invention.

The lore answer is that in the past there where hundreds of sith that would wage full blown wars against the Republic. Darth Revan was the first one to disagree with this and came up with the Rule of Two master-apprentice relationship.
Later Darth Bane would learn about this concept from Revans Holocron and subsequently kill all the other Sith, and then establishing a thousand year long unbroken line of masters training apprentices and being killed by them all the way down to Sheev.

Because people want to think Tolkien-level world-building efforts went into the making of these movies and that they're not just profit tools marketed to the lowest common denominator with little more thought put into them than that. Disney doesn't care about lorefaggotry. Disney cares about ticket sales and merchandizing.

The Rule of Two was never even a thing until The Phantom Menace.

Entrusting the perpetuation of a school of thought to just two people at a time is a very good way to ensure your tradition will die out at some point.

Unless you know how to pull the Unnatural ability of spirit transfer upon death.

This lore is worthless now.

The Bane part is straight from Lucas, and has been canon since 1999. It's referenced in Clon Wars.

>How about rather than hundreds of allies to help destroy our common enemy, we just have two?
Darth Bane was retarded.

I like this one, but how the fuck could he still be alive? He'd have to be old as fuck.

bull. fucking. shit.

He was the last one standing because the others were stupid. Instead of fighting Jedi, they fought themselves.

Someone post the Darth Bane page of TPN novelization! It's when Sidious sends Maul to Tatooine.

>Snoke
>Kylo
Who else?

Fuck off, you weren't even alive then, kid. TPM novelization, then one of the final eps of TCW. Both Lucas.

>2010s Star Trek is going Warhammer 40k
>2010s Star Wars is going Cthulhu.
I'd be okay with this.

LOL

>2017
>pretending to not love Star Wars

Grow up, kid.

youtube.com/watch?v=DoOwyGyVsSA

Holy fucking shit. People are actually quoting this shit kids show for SW lore.

scifi.stackexchange.com/questions/67863/who-created-the-character-darth-bane

>"The Force is venom, not fire. When you pour it in separate cups it loses it's potency, but when it's all in one cup it's at its deadliest."

Lucas was directly involved.

I'm so fucking tired of this meme. Yoda was just saying it was likely that there was another sith out there, Windu replied wondering whether they had killed the master or apprentice.

"Always two" is not the same damn thing as "only two."

Don't even come at me with non-canon bullshit.

"Only two Sith at a time" was never a thing until TPM. While you can interpret Yoda's line your way (Ki Adi Mundi argued the Sith were extinct earlier in the movie), the novelization was explicit.

HEY NERD LOSER FAGGOTS

NOBODY GIVES A SHIT ABOUT YOUR EU BULLSHIT

SNOKE IS JUST ANOTHER FACET OF THE JJ ABRAMS KIKE BUTCHERY OF STAR WARS

There were other dark side users in TCW that weren't Sith, and they were barely explained.

>the novelization was explicit.
I'm surprised you read it considering YOU'RE TOO FUCKING ILLITERATE TO READ MY POST.
N O T C A N O N
O
T

C
A
N
O
N

I read and understood your post. You obviously didn't understand the one you replied to, dumb frogposter.

Faggot, this IS canon. So get your dick out of your ass.

Because the star wars audience grew up and are expecting the series to grow up with them.
Till now it hasn't happened.

"No more, no less" is pretty fucking specific, asshole.

>cartoons
>canon

that can also be interpreted as sith always being in flocks of two, not three, not one, but two; not that there's only two in the whole universe.

"Always two cocks frogposter sucks. No more, no less"

>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I hate this meme! Always two doesn't mean only two! The parts are don't remember are NOT CANON!

Ok, maybe you can find one other person in the universe to agree with your interpretation. Also, don't use words if you don't know what they mean (flock).

Dont worry guys, theyve got this

Perhaps if you were retarded.

A link would've been easier than a screencap.

Article says Andy Serkis said he knows Snoke's backstory.

Maybe it means the sith only ever take on one apprentice at a time?
Don't use brain cells that lack a synapse.

"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice. No more, no less"

"What about multiples of two?"

"Bitch, did I stutter? What part of "no more" are you not getting?"

Because this is still part of the saga. And takes place what 40? Years later? So this character is somehow relevant to the original trilogy.