Gender Pay Gap

What does Sup Forums think of the gender pay gap? I'm really curious to know what you have to say about the issue.

>inb4 gender pay gap is okay b/c of workplace mortality gap
Dangerous jobs are not offered to women because of physical differences. If they would hire women, then women would take those dangerous, but well-paying jobs.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wjWBXbGVyQU
youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM
youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow
youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

women work less than men

You're gonna make as much if you do as good a job, sweety!

Wasnt it 75?
I see they got a raise, good for them.

There's a difference between wages and earnings. Women are paid the same, they just earn less due to different jobs and different hours worked.

if there was really a wage gap no one would hire men

fpbp

/thread

youtube.com/watch?v=wjWBXbGVyQU

It wouldn't even exist if women would just get back in the kitchen. Easier said than done tho

>What does Sup Forums think of the gender pay gap? I'm really curious to know what you have to say about the issue.

I find it resolvable when examining for marriage status.

>Dangerous jobs are not offered to women because of physical differences. If they would hire women, then women would take those dangerous, but well-paying jobs.
Wrong. Danger pay isn't a universal leg up - a welder doing hazardous work probably won't make more than the engineer who generated the plans.

Women are less likely to take me demanding jobs, such as remote location work, that can part 2-3x the normal salary, because they choose to have more time away from work than men

It's a forced meme that needs to die.

Fuck you user, I laughed.

>gender is the only wage influencer

It's a scam, women make the same as men working the same job. Life choices and career choices determine the amount of money you earn. This is a ploy for women to have an edge in male white collar dominated fields that pay well and are not physically demanding.

How is that a quality argument OP? Women aren't hired for physically demanding jobs because they are fucking useless in physically demanding jobs.

youtube.com/watch?v=BDj_bN0L8XM

Why comment on something that was wholly invented by feminists and does not actually exist?

Its a lie.

The 79 cent figure was created by a methodology that compairs "similar jobs" based on gender distribution and nothing else. Like this:
98% of cocktail servers are female
98% of construction workers are male
So
Cocktail servers avg 25k a year
Construction workers avg 50k a year
So men make double what women make.

This is a exaggerated example, but this is how they arrived at that figure when it was first published. Jewie fucks added the "for the same job" part of the claim later.

It was disproven by multiple people from world famous economics experts to reputable scientist who support most feminist movements.
It doesn't exist, it's entirely field dependent and there are often jobs that women get paid more.
It's just that women don't want to do those jobs for some reason.

Personal choice is not an excuse for a fallacy.
If they have the option to do it, they themselves make the problem. So no government or sociological actions are required.

Just like I can't make you get skinny if you're fat (well legally I can't).

Fucking hilarious how HuffPo released a vid with Kristen Bell today and literally proved this video's point.

On average, men work longer hours, put in more over-time, and are less likely to leave the work force to have kids. In all of the feminazi talk of equal pay, how about some equal work?

For the minority of women who put in the same hours and work experience with no time off work, they make the same as men.

It doesn't exist. They didn't include any variables that explain it whatsoever.
Source: I'm a fucking employer. If I could hire women for 21% cheaper pay, I would only hire women.

youtube.com/watch?v=EwogDPh-Sow

Best simple video about wage gap.

Nothing says "I want a legitimate argument" better than 1 POST BY THIS ID

>all working men vs women

This is exactly what's wrong with the study. It compares all men and all women, NOT men and women in the same jobs, NOT men and women with the same credentials, NOT men and women with the same college degrees and fields of study

Women always choose a more balanced life and lean toward more emotionally fulfilling professions whereas the "workaholic" stereotype is far more prevalent in men, and men are more likely to choose profession based purely off income.

I fucking hate this myth and every time I hear some stupid cunt mention it in my university my blood boils

Of couse dangerous jobs get offered to women. If a woman interviewed for a conztruction job she'd get it because "muh diversity" here in Christchurch there was a massive drive to get women into trades by offering them free polytechnic courses. How many women are in construction now? Sweet fuck all because they don't want to get hurt. All the women I've seen on construction sites have been painters or administration.

Also forgot to add, feminists need to learn the fucking difference between wages and earnings. Difference in total earning (how much money you got by the end of the year) is different from your wage ($ per hour). As I said men more commonly carry the "workaholic" archetype, despite what feminist propaganda will have you believe in their movies with empowered working women who carry everyone's slack (lol)

women aren't as good at negotiating their own salaries in careers that allow that, or fighting jew bosses who try to pay them lower amounts (for jew reasons, not out of sexism)

if it was actually applying to all women, nobody would hire men.

THANKS FOR CORRECTING THE RECORD
REALLY MAKES ME THINK
ABOUT HOW DESPERATE YOU MUST BE
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
REALLY MAKES ME THINK
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF
REALLY MAKES ME THINK
FUCKING KILL YOURSELF

They're also more aggressive with asking for raises/promotions.

Women are not being paid less for equal work.

That being said, that doesn't mean there aren't sexist cultural practices that cause the discrepancy between the wage of an average man compared to that of a woman. Parents treat boys and girls differently from a very young age. The toys parents tend to give to boys promote more ingenuity and problem solving than the toys given to girls do. The outcries of sexism in college majors and in the corporate world are being parroted because it's a lot easier to blame them than try and tell parents that they're doing a poor job at raising their children.

There are policies that could be taken to improve the situation. Simple workers rights laws like being able to get information on the salaries of coworkers and bosses would both put down the cries that women are being paid less for equal work and give valuable bargaining knowledge back in the hands of employees to push for better pay.

>sage

>Dangerous jobs are not offered to wome
>jobs
>offered

Maybe if they applied for them, instead of expecting to somehow be given it?

1. Gender gap is more like white men :1$ to white women 95 Cents. Which is because men work more hours. Studies prove this
2. Gender gap is a war against white men, and I come to this conclusion because the Asian race make more money than white men, but people continue to compare wages to white men.

That just means women do 79% of the productive work that men do. Do a little hard work and you can make a full dollar.

>muh equality

>Dangerous jobs are not offered to women because of physical differences. If they would hire women, then women would take those dangerous, but well-paying jobs.

offered to ?
what the fuck are you talking about

you need underscores for it to search

>a sales lady confronts me at Best Buy
>the last unit mini fridge I wanted is at the top shelf
>she calls a man to get it for me because she can't even lift 30lbs
The last time I applied for a retail job the form asked if I could lift 50lbs, what gives?

The problem is that "pay gap" comes from comparing all full-time working males and females of "similar" positions. The issue here is that a lot of these "similar" positions are not even remotely similar. Being a CEO for example does not guarantee a certain salary.

The other issue is that the second metric often used in these "pay gap" arguments is simply comparing the pay of all males against all females. Males in general hold higher paying jobs (or more jobs in general) because they are seen as "breadwinners". Females on the other hand often occupy lower paying positions or no position at all (AKA stay at home moms).

Assuming there actually is a pay gap, why in the name of fuck would anyone hire a male? You could hire nothing but women and save a considerable sum of money.

Should say "white collar", great image though. Can you fix it?

It's been debunked a million times.

The way they came to this conclusion was just grabbing the average mans earnings per year and the average womans earnings per year and compared them. This does not factor in the fact that women work less than men and take more time off for things such as periods and pregnancies.

Also women work lower paying/less dangerous jobs then men resulting in less money per year.

That's WHITE collar, you fool.

Nice try, faggot.

How about we talk about the wage gap for men? When women expect men to pay for everything to be chivalrous and provide. And they also want the same pay as a man? Gotta be fucking kidding me. #MGTOW

>The problem is that "pay gap" comes from comparing all full-time working males and females of "similar" positions. The issue here is that a lot of these "similar" positions are not even remotely similar.

In one of the studies I read they compared male auto-mechanics to female receptionists. These people are fucking high on cheap drugs and lead based paint childhood diets.

The Leaf wins the thread.

Fake and gay.
Any story that shows a pay gap exists, is taken from purposeful mismanagement of data.
Person A is female and graduates with a degree in English. She becomes a librarian. Works forty hours a week in your local library
Person B is male, and graduates with an English degree. He starts as a para legal, in a law firm. He works 60 hours a week.

Yet in your gender pay gap study, no one looks at that, they just see person A female, and wage vs person B male, and wage. Basically it boils down to life choices.

If females always made less, no one would hire men.

Its a myth
Its illegal to pay somebody less than another based on gender
Men work different jobs than women
Men work longer than women
Men hold jobs for more years of life than women

Next question.

It's illegal.

So either women are too stupid to file a lawsuit, or they're too stupid to read statistics correctly.

>he doesn't believe in the good ol' boys network

>If females always made less, no one would hire men

To play devil's advocate, feminists will say there's such a deeply ingrained stereotype of women being poor workers that even when women are paid at any reduced rate, they are still perceived to not be good value for money.

The gender pay gap does not exist at all. It's a bad meme created by feminist idiots. In the same jobs the difference in pay between men and women is negligible.

SI haven't read the entire thready so I'm sorry if it has been already mentioned -
Women pay should be $0 - naturally (refute this!) their role is embracing their motherhood and bearing and raising children! Making money to support the family should be the primary role of men. It's the degenerate times we happen to live in where the ((())) are pushing for equality and some such.

You mean networking.

There's literally nothing wrong with networking. Women do it too, often helped by cucks.

You really think all those gaming journalists that went to the same schools got similar jobs through applications?

Bureau of Labor Statistics data shows that women work 37.5 hours per week and men work 41.5 hours per week. That alone affects the "$0.75 for every dollar" statistic.

If the hours men and women work stay the same, then women should never make more than $0.85 for every dollar a man makes. If the "gap" every DOES get past that point...then congratulations, you have created inequality.

There are also many other variables like this that have an effect on this earnings ratio.

>Men are more likely to be scientists/engineers/programmers.
>Men take SHITTY jobs that pay well but suck, like garbageman, truck driver, etc. You don't see women lining up for these jobs at all
>Some educated women with career potential have children and exit the workforce for 15+ years only to return to a low wage job since they did not develop their career and instead raised their child...And there is nothing wrong with doing that.

pay gap is bad and real, the explanation for it is sexism

i don't have a solution to it

>I'm really curious to know what you have to say about the issue.
>the issue
>issue
Fuck off. You are free to choose whatever job you want. If you cannot perform said job and someone else performs above you, then stay mad, faggot. I don't give a shit about your gender, race, identity, birthday, shoe size, or any other shitty metric you feel like bringing up.

sage

That statistic is for equal position and same hours.

I honestly don't get why this is a partisan issue and it's killing republicans with women.

Women do a fraction of the work men do in the same positions.

They get paid less because employers know they'll sit on their ass chatting with neighbors most of the workday.

Thread

No men is stupid enough to hire a woman and pay her less than their male counterparts. He could get sued for everything he owns. Way too dangerous.

The real problem here is that men choose good field of studies and don't graduate in meme fields like gender studies.

I don't have to think about it, Thomas Sowell has already done the work for me:

youtube.com/watch?v=G_sGn6PdmIo

A quick summary.

Please link to this statistic then.

It's not real but it should be. Any woman between the age of 21 and 50 who has a job should be taxed to supply the child care it is her natural duty to provide. Women should NOT be in the workplace, they should be at home making babies.

It is a waste of womanhood to pretend like they're so useless they need to become desk jockeys.

Feminism is regressive and isn't aware that women ALREADY held the position of privilege in society back before they got started. Now, women are being completely destroyed by our horrifying culture.

Women shouldn't be working for living period. Look at the physical body of a female - birthing hips.

It's got more to do with choice of profession by differently wired brains than discrimination. And some discrimination can basically be written off because women tend to be on average physically weaker than men, for instance there are few females in the firefighting profession because few have the physical strength and stamina.

Also this.

Mother Nature has it made so for a reason. We're talking millions of years of evolution. What has happened in the past 50 or so years is not even a blip in the main scheme of things.

Women make less because they don't stick with a job.

For example : Hillary Clinton was Secretary of State for four years, then she quit because "it was a lot of work". Then she took four years off, didn't do anything.

She should be at home tending to her grandchildren so they won't end up being a sociopath like her when they grow op.

In some professions , like nursing, most hospitals pay nurses based on their experience and will have a set salary. I will say men probably are more wanted in the nursing profession because they are seen as "smart" (many male nurses go into critical care), "strong", and can protect the other (female) nurses in-case a patient becomes violent. I do not think they are paid more in most hospitals due to the set formula most hospitals have for salary.

In-general I feel men are preferred in most professions. Women may have the upper edge in engineering and software programming firms since literally no women enter those fields and therefore may be more sought out for diversity reasons.

I do think the wage gap does exist.
But is sort of justified since many women work part-time positions and leave to have children/want specific time off to be with said children/aren't willing to travel from family/etc. Men sacrifice being with their families so the "wage gap" isn't truly due to sexism.

If take 79 cents on the dollar if Everytime I got drunk at a party 20 women fucked me. If I missed that 21 cents, is eat out my boss for a raise

Hmm I gotta disagree with you there bud.
If all women stayed at home then we would have a MASSIVE shortage in health care workers. Who will be taking care of our sick and elderly? There is NOT enough men for that. America's population is old and very sick.

Women should be allowed to work in the health care field and as teachers. I do agree with you though that they were more useful in the home. Women shouldn't work full time. They should just work part-time or less hours....because frankly, who the fuck is raising the children? Educating them and teaching them values? The fucking day care center or the dumb baby sitter? Americans are dumb with money and spend it fruitlessly. If you have self-control and live decently than you can survive on daddy's paycheck.

Spread the ̶s̶e̶e̶d̶ word m8!

>who would take over if all the women/niggers/spics stopped working?
>certainly not the millions of unemployed working age males who have desperately searched for jobs to no avail and now love with family because they can't even start their lives

Fuck you, faggot. You'd best believe the millions of NEET fucks would be socially forced into those labor roles were the bitches, niggers and spics to leave.

We have plenty of people for a working force. And you don't think making women stay at home making/raising babies wouldn't QUICKLY raise the birthrate and replacement rates well above minimum? They would.

I stopped believing fairy tales when I was five, OP. Cool digits, though.

>good ol' boys network
Doesn't exist like you think it does famalamdam.

Networking and healthy social circles are normal. Sorry.

Transgender OP BTFO!!!!!!!!!!!!

I doubt anyone will read this but whatever.

I work for an HR software company that deals with hiring (being vague on purpose)

We collect data on all applicants who apply for jobs through companies that use our software including gender.

What we find...

Women apply for more service oriented positions compared to men who apply for more labor oriented positions.

If you take the top 10 jobs women apply for and compare them to the top 10 jobs that men apply to and look at average salary. Labor positions pay more.
Tl;dr: women make less than men because they are more likely to apply for a job that makes less than a job more men would apply for.

Aka women are stupid.

/thread

Every good sales floor needs some tits to seal the deal.

>Women make 70% of what men make
>Women are by far the biggest consumers.

Sounds like they're full of fucking shit.

Also, I'm going to start manual labor companies with only women, and I'll magically be able to undercut the competition!

IQ difference.

Men choose higher paying jobs
Men are more likely to ask for promotions
Men work longer than women because women typically take care of kids, and have kids.

To be fair its also true. Our warehouse prefers to hire men because women pick orders at a 30% slower order fulfilment rate per hour. Upside is that they don't job hop as much so they provide at least a degree of production continuity in seasonal hiring shifts (students on break doing part time going back to school). However the core of guys in the warehouse have to pick up a metric fuckload of slack to maintain same day shipping, often working harder and for twelve hour+ shifts until new hires can ease the load.

Its been to the point where we've set up an improvised kitchen in the breakroom with electric griddle, slow cooker, spice racks, etc. in addition to the provided microwave and fridge since we got tired as fuck of eating like shit working 14 hours and not having time to properly cook at home or eating garbage take out. The women of course try to steal our shit. Cunts, that was our goddamn roast.

It's misleading. People assume that gap is for the same job, but it isn't. Women are drawn towards lower fields (easier majors) like psychology or english, whereas men are drawn to STEM (higher paying jobs).

It is not a pay gap, it's an earnings gap.
Women generally work fewer hours then men and are generally less active in seeking raises and promotions.

It doesn't exist

/bread

Unattached women make as much or more than men, women that have family commitments make much less, that's really the larger gap feminists should be focusing on.

Instead they are trying (and have successfully) painted Computer Science and Engineering as bastions of misogyny.

>What does Sup Forums think of the gender pay gap?

If the government has passed half a dozen laws mandating equal pay for a particular demographic group, and if said demographic group still hasn't achieved wage parity, perhaps the problem is the demographic group.

>Average man makes more money than average woman by twenty one cents to a dollar
>This is sexism and a deep systematic problematic issue

>Average man is four times more likely to kill himself than the average woman
>*CRICKETS*

When times get tough, it is the man's responsibility to take on more work. Men are expected to moon light while women take care of the house. Also men do the more dangerous jobs.

Also, how come liberal faggots never mention the flip side of that issue. Women spend like 5-6 times as much as a man spends. I read a study once that said 85 cents out of every dollar spent is spent by a woman. This is why men are always portrayed as incompetent in commercials. Yes, men make more money, but they usually hand it off to the woman when they get home.

When they stop shitting up the work environment because they think they're entitled to the same pay despite doing 25% less than everybody else.

> Healthcare or teachers
Teachers really???? That's what we've got right now, spreading feminism/liberalism/LGBT degeneracy to our offsprings' impressionable little minds; see the result (((today))).