Post misunderstood scenes

Post misunderstood scenes

>invincible son do not save me i must die in this tornado

It would have been a little more credible if that shoot didn't look so silly.

No son, it's not your time to show the world you're superman. You must show the world at a different time...for reasons.

But if Superman saved Dadman, Superman's identity would have been revealed, which Dadman was always against. Superman chose to fulfill his Dad's wish despite not agreeing with him. What's the issue with this scene?

The reason was once Superman's identity is revealed, Kent's life as he know it would be over (or drastically changed for the worse, in his Dad's opinion)

Pa didn't know the extent of Clark's powers. He easily could have thought that if his son tried to save him he would have been killed in the twister, and it wasn't worth the risk to save him.

What's his catchphrase again Sup Forums?

Superman ended up recealing his identity. The things his dad said wpuld happen have happened, the prblem arised and it was all sorted out eventually in the end.

His dad taught him a fleeting tidbit of advice literally anyone could have told him. His death went down as pointless and meaningless, unless in this universe they have to now constantly remind everyone of this message every time they revisit on him.

In the original superman his father taught him that he cannot save everyone, life is fleeting and some things need to be let go. He died of a heart attack and its something superman can't fix. It happened out of nowhere on a bright sunny day after giving him actual advice that stuck with him for his entire life.

Not to mention nu superman dad was just a straight up fucking coward and uneducated redneck letting his son get bullied, make sure ti just let bad things happen and generally acted like a bafoon vs this confident farming man/veteran who lived a long fruitful life who taught clark patience, understanding, kindness and how to ACTUALLY blend in with society as an everydayman by being jumble and not abusing his powers.

The comparison is just so strwtcged out that you cpuld just go on forever. Despte nu superman trying to be so "hardcpre realism man, enjoy your cold camera filters with so much blue and grey and sad kids where its always fall and nlue even during the open sunlight" it came off as more comical to the movie that had clark fly around the earth so fast it reversed its rotation and made time go backwards.

Everything DC in this decades is garbage. Im just not watching it anymore. The writers don't know anything about morals, comics, humanity, civilian mindsets or anything thoughtful. Its like they pulled every guy in the studio from a gatorade commercial.

>Im just not watching it anymore.
Hey, WW was good. Then again if followed the superion Marvel formulaic writing, and its few flaws can all be attributed to Snyder's involvement

/thread

>prblem arised
>bafoon
>being jumble
>strwtcged
>cpuld
>Despte
>hardcpre
>nlue
>decades
>Im

Jesus, don't you ever proofread your shit before posting?

>clark fly around the earth so fast it reversed its rotation and made time go backwards

The true misunderstood scene. Superman didn't "make the earth spin backwards", the earth reversing rotation was a visual representation of time itself going backwards.

well done for understanding a word of that shit

This. The scene is badly misunderstood on this board

>STOP INVINCIBLE SON, YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SAVE YOUR OWN FATHER
>this is also the last lesson I can give you after telling you for years not to use your powers to save people since it might lead to a couple of inconvenient situations
>also I make sure I tell you about the benefits of killing horses for cake but that's a story for another day
>however, be sure to fuck up a man's livelyhood because he was drunk and rude

He probably was on a phone but regardless of that, he's not wrong.

He could have just saved him and flown them somewhere under some debris so people thought they got banged up by the tornado

good read

Wasn't that before he knew he could fly?

nick rocheford fucks exhaust pipes

Hope this becomes copykino. I'll repost this in future stop invincible son threads, lad, in your memory.

Then Please fix my spelling errors.

Im on a shitty samsung and the fucking thing has the worst autocorrect of all time. So i turned it off. I was sort of pissed off at the question hence me not really proof reading and just spewing shit.

>Listen to me, Clark, my son
>Next time a school bus falls into the water you just let them all die
>Just like I did with the horses, your mom made me a cake after that. We ate it while we watched the neighbour hanging himself in the kitchen.

I get it, I'm just not a dog person so it didn't resonate with me. The Martha scene from BvS seems way more divisive, although for stupid reasons. Pseudo-intellectuals think themselves so far above that movie for some reason...

>invincible son don't use your clothes to cover your face
t.retarded capeshit

>tfw papa clark was a murdering sociopath
What is Snyder trying to tell us?

I have no idea i didn't watch the movie

Nick...what's going on, big guy?

He actually was depressed and suicidal and sick but knew Clark would always save him or instantly take him to the best hospital in the world (bankrupting his family since he didn't have health insurance.) This was the only way to escape with dignity.

>dignity
>getting raped by the wind
i guess there are worse ways to go

Wow, it's someone on Sup Forums who actually watches and appreciates movies.

DANCE OFF BRO!

Go ahead, explain the true meaning then.

Raimi?

This. The idea of the scene could have been sold by a director who isn't such a hack.

To people who didn't understand this scene here is a very well written description of what actually happened of Pa Kent's character that I found to be spot on: Oh the complaints this scene gets! Drives me nuts. Hold on, this may be very long. Apologies in advance.
I love this scene. It is beautiful, well acted and heartbreaking. I hate that people miss the point of this scene. It seems like they watched a scene where a silly old man tried to save a dog and got killed while his super-powered son, who could have saved him, stood by and did nothing.
But thats not what happened. Again, its all in the subtleties. When Jonathan steps out of the car and realizes everyone is in serious danger, he starts sending everyone for cover. He is very aware of Clarks ability and need to save people. He knows darn well what his son will do if this is not played out just right. Clark will throw caution to the winds if someone is in danger of dying. It is his pattern, its who he is. So what does he do? He immediately tells Clark to get his mother to the underpass. He knows that entrusting Martha to Clark will keep him busy and out of the action. Because Clark would never risk his mothers life. He helps the mother get her child out of the car because a) thats what you do when you are a decent caring person and b) if he doesnt do it, Clark will. As he heads to the underpass with the little girl and her mother, they are the last people still near the cars and away from the overpass. He must have felt that it worked perfectly. No one is in danger, they wait out the tornado with the shelter of the underpass, Clarks safety is secure. This is what breaks my heart. Jonathan did everything right.

I always thought it was papa kent showing clark what happens when you play the hero you put others lives ahead of your own and that can cost you your life. In bvs we see how the world 8s split between people who love superman and those who hate him in the end he got himself killed for a being a hero and putting the people of earth ahead of himself papa kent was right, now in death every one sees him for the hero he was now when he comes back he'll be loved and accepted by everybody

Until it all goes wrong. The dog is still in the car. Clark is heading out to get him, knowing hes the one who could get hurt the least. Well, physically anyway. But Jonathan knows this could easily blow Clarks cover if things go badly. His entire future is at stake. Being a father he is not willing to risk it. So what does he do? Again, he puts Clark in charge of another person, this time the little girl, knowing that Clark would never endanger her. To him, it is worth the risk of going into danger to keep his son out of the spotlight. Listen to his No! No. as he hands the child to Clark. This storm is a serious danger to Clarks secret, not his body. Jonathan is desperate to keep his son safe. As any good father would do, he protected his son. He deliberately ran into danger to keep his son safe.
We all know what happens next. The part that gets me most is when Clark realizes there is no way his injured father will make it to the underpass before the tornado strikes. He sizes up the distance, and he looks behind him at the people. Hes fully aware of how many potential witnesses there are. But true to his pattern, when someone is going to die (especially his father) he is willing to risk it. He takes one step forward.
And here is where my hearts snaps in two. Jonathan knows his son inside and out. He knows exactly what he is thinking and what he has decided to do. So he holds up his hand to tell him no. It is worth it to him to give up his life to keep his son safe. Cue the tears.
But here is where many critics start to holler about the futility of the action and how stupid Jonathan was to sacrifice himself, and how stupid Clark was to let him. But was his sacrifice truly worth it? What did he gain? The answer is.time.

If you do the math based on the year Jonathan died on the tombstone, the fact that Clark was 33 at the time of the action, and the year the movie came out, Clarks age at the time of the tornado was 17. Thats still pretty young, and legally considered a minor. The fear of the Kents and the reason they kept Clarks abilities secret was because of what could happen if the truth came out. And yet, several times Jonathan himself told Clark that one day he would have to reveal himself to the world. What is happening to you, one day you will see it as a blessing and when that day comes, you are going to have to decide whether to stand proud in front of the world.or not. In the same conversation he told Clark that he had to believe Clark was sent here for a reason and Clark owed it to himself to find out why. He told Clark he needed to decide what kind of man he wanted to be because that man, good or bad, one day would change the world. Martha corroborated this at the end of the film when she told Clark that his father always knew he was meant for greater things, and when the time came, his shoulders would carry the weight. Even Clark said he let his father die because Jonathan was convinced he had to wait. It was never Jonathans plan to hide Clark his entire life. But timing was essential. Too young, he may not be able to handle the pressures that would come with such a burden. Underage, he could easily be snatched up by the government and hidden away for testing, experimenting, exploitation, to be turned into a Winter Soldier version of secret government agent (doesnt that make you shudder)! The Kents dont have a legal leg to stand on when they claim the alien baby they found in a field is their son, it would be easy for the government to take him away and start applying pressure on such a young person to do what they deem right.

This is spot on he was giving clark a last chance at a normal life

So what exactly did Jonathans sacrifice buy his son? It bought him time. 16 years to grow and mature. 16 years to search far and wide for answers to who, where, and why. (You didnt think he took all those far away jobs just for laying low purposes did you? He was searching.) 16 years and enough time to have better control of his powers, make contact with Jor-El and have a much better idea of what he should and can do for and in the world. 16 years to become the man who at the end of the film can declare that he is here to help, but insist that it has to be on his own terms with firmness and intractable determination. What did Jonathan provide his son? His entire future. Time to be the man he needed to be before he could truly show himself to the world. How can any fathers sacrifice be worthless when it provides all that? Jonathan made the right call. I admire that man. And I admire his son for understanding what he was trying to do, and making the most of the opportunity it granted him. Even if it hurt.
On a final note, I think it needs to be said that when Jonathan said maybe to his son after he saved the bus, he was saying that sometimes the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few. He said maybe because he himself was uncomfortable with the idea of sacrificing a bus load of children to keep his sons secret. Hes not even sure what should have been done in the case of the bus, but he does know the fear he feels at the possibility his son will be exposed. And he knows that this time is very wrong to expose him. Several years later, it is still the wrong time. And Jonathan, while not completely on board to sacrifice children for his son, is totally fine with sacrificing himself. He said there was more at stake than just his or Marthas lives, and the lives of the people around them. He knows the benefit Clark can be for the entire world if this is handled right. But the timing is everything.

He sure put his money where his mouth was when he said maybe. He knew his life meant much less than what could be done in the future. What better father for a superhero, than one who understands self-sacrifice for the good of others, and stays true to his words?

Do you understand it now, fools? I know Snyder is way beyond anything the likes of Marvel could ever even dream to put on the big screen, and regularly overburdens the feeble minds of ADHD millenials, but can you, Sup Forums, at least TRY to understand what is presented at you in such perfectly crafted manner?

This happens in flashpoint clark is taken away by the government andgets experimented on daily

>tfw you have too much autism

Can someone explain what it means to be called autistic on Sup Forums? I see people get called autists when they are being stupid, but also when they meticulously describe something as well. I mean, what the F???

Stop typing and look yourself in the mirror. Youll see an autist staring back at you.

>halt invisible son

>scenes non-fathers will never understand

The world wasn't ready. Did you not watch the film, ADHD kid?

He was a good friend

This movie was so fucking forgettable