Is he a replicant Sup Forums?

Is he a replicant Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_7o0rvVxU0w
youtu.be/kmvs_EWshmM
gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html
youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Ridley Scott says yes, and as he is a stupid old man, the answer is actually no.

I wouldn't say so. Story makes more sense if he isn't, it also has more meaning. Otherwise it's just replicants hunting down replicants and falling in love with replicants. Part of the film was about Deckard, as a blade runner, realising that replicants are/can be more than just fleshy recreations of humans meant for labour.

Ask him.

Started of with no
Later on dude said ohh yeah that's right it's a yes

Just like hary Potter
Dude went from being straight
To later on gay

Yet what better way to show that than have the man tasked with unmasking and executing replicants turn out to be a replicant who believes he is human?

Because it robs us of a human perspective.

Precisely. It's intended to blur the lines, make you ask what it means to be human.

What difference in perspective is there between a human and a replicant who believes he is human?

No.

In the original movie, clearly yes.

In 2049 its ambiguous by design.

WRONG. In both it is CLEAR he is NOT

Of course he is.

youtube.com/watch?v=_7o0rvVxU0w

Sure thing bro

Ask Deckard.

If he wasnt a replicant, how did Gaff know about his unicorn dream?

and why do his eyes have the relflective sheen that all the other replicants have?

Must be expensive.

Scott says he is a replicant, and has moments in the original film that directly point to this.
>Deckard's backstory is purposefully unclear
>Deckard doesn't respond when Rachael asks if he passed the empathy test
>The origami unicorn left on the floor by the Police assistant at the end suggests that he knows Deckard's dream was implanted.
>Roy and the other 3 rogue replicants only kill humans throughout the film, he spares Deckard at the end.

I haven't seen 2049, so I don't know if it provides any explanation, but the fact that Deckard aged way past the replicant time limit of 4 years gives evidence that he is human.

The original theatrical cut (1982) didn't even have the unicorn. The unicorn footage isn't even from the Blade Runner production- it's from Legend (1985).

it doesn't matter...

Do they? Do they really?

which btw is a great film

there are replicants in 2049 who are shown to have aged and its explicit that there are Nexus models with open-ended lifespans

Why is he weak as shit and all the Nexus 6 handily beat the shit out of him?

Yes

youtu.be/kmvs_EWshmM

This is false, Jay.

no

Note how he walks off all of those beatings from superhumanly strong assailants.

One assumes he's the same generation as Rachel, who doesnt display any superhuman strength

There wasn't a unicorn dream until a director's cut later. Unicorn dream footage is from Legend. The origami unicorn didn't refer to a dream that wasn't even in the script. It's a retcon like Greedo firing at Han.

Really makes you wonder... If only replicants had the eye sheen, why bother with the VK test?

Its a visual device to signal to the audience, not the characters.

The 4 year lifespan is new info to Deckard when he is briefed on the Batty Nexus 6 crew. Implying that earlier models' lifespans weren't limited.

Deckard being a replicant is just a plot twist for the sake of a plot twist.

Old man Ridley can still the hell out of a movie but he has the storytelling instincts of a staff writer for a daytime soap.

If you think he is, then you support Hermione being black.
You have to be a simpleton to think he is one.

HOW IS HE A REPLICANT WHEN NEXUS 6 REPLICANTS IN HIS DAY ONLY LIVED FOR 4 YEARS BUT HE LIVED 3 YEARS LATER REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

30 YEARS LATER

if he is he is a nexus 7 u faggot (Same as Rachael)

No one pays attention to the theatrical release. Only directors cut/final cut are canon

There's not one frame of that clip where he has weird eye sheen. Jesus Christ.

He's been killing replicants for years though.

It's 100% true and verifiable.

are you literally blind or did you only watch part of it?

nano shinonome

MAYBE ITS BECAUSE HIS MEMORIES ARE FROM GAFF.
Thats why Gaff knows everything.

Theatrical: No
Final: Yes

That's retarded and on par with saying that Hermione is a black woman because the author said so. It's a shitty retcon to make it look deeper when it really isn't.

You just convinced me to view him as not a replicant user

No. They left the ambiguity at the end, but when you see Blade Runner 2049, it's pretty clear he's not a replicant.

The whole clip. Seen it plenty of times, including in a theater. Watch any random clip of the movie with a non-replicant character. Eyes have a glint on them. But their retinas are never lit like the owls or Rachel's. Deckard's aren't, either. You're seeing shit that isn't there, because you want to.

gavinrothery.com/my-blog/2011/10/1/a-matter-of-electric-sheep.html

Nobody in the movie is real. Because it's a movie.

>seeing what you want to see

Wallace was right. Deckard was programmed to fall in love with Rachael

That's still retarded and is on par with saying that everyone is a faggot in the Harry Potter universe.

Gaff is not real, nigger
He exist in his dreams only

yes but programmed as in "destiny wanted this" or in "LOL YOUS WAS MADE TO FUCK THAT SKANK"

t. Jayden Smith

If he's a replicant, why is he physically weak ? (not as strong as other replicants)... But then again, Rachel also seemed physically weak. So maybe Ford is a different type of replicant...

Maybe the point of Deckard not answering her question about the empathy test is that he's never taken it, and has become so hardened, that he wonders if he'd pass? That was the main point of the book. Fake humans becoming more human, real humans becoming less.

he climbs up a fucking building with no effort.

>t. "i haven't seem the film" retard

Gaff is the Blade Runner, Deckard is the tool he uses.

Priss is also weak. Only the combat models have super strength, and Rachel and Deckard are only prototypes.

fpbp

>Catalog
Gaff interacts with the chief in a cut scene.

Wallace fucks with him about maybe Tyrell programmed him to love Rachel. It's still ambiguous.

well for one you lose the "more human than human" approach the first film had going for it with batty's childlike wonder at everything contrasted with deckards sourpuss outlook

Really no reason to assume the earth police would hire an illegal replicant and then tell Gaff for some reason

That was something fairly unique to Roy though. The other replicants dont show it.

Also , how comes replicants in 2049 didn't have that eye effect we see in the first blade runner ?

Was is because their eyes we manifactured differently ? (because they were different nexus models ?)

Also...What about Wallace ? Was he human or a replicant himself ?
In the ffilm, i can see that he's blind and has some sort of implant that he triggers/connects which enables him to see...But is he really human ?

Do replicants age?
They had a finite lifespan in the first movie, but do they get old and wrinkle?

Thanks DP said HE LEFT FORD BLURRY specifically to minimize the difficult lighting effect on him that they were doing on Young because it was only intended for her.

>dekkard dreams about being free in nature like the unicorn
>Gaff gives him a unicorn later on meaning that he's free to run away with RoboGirl

Why would Gaff know he constantly dreams about unicorns ?

Roy was indeed special. Probably the best character of both movies. Possibly is just Hauer immense charisma, 'tough.
K dies with tears in rain playing, like Roy, but he has to come in terms with his non-exceptionality.
Roy dies as an exceptional individual (as Tyrell acknowledges) that has to come in terms with his own mortality.

Its because its a stylistic device that breaks the fourth wall, not part of the 'canon'

Does Legend take place in the Blade Runneriverse ?

That is never acknowledged in-universe (otherwise why bother with the test) so I guess is just a specific narrative tool of the first movie.

Yes Blade Runner 2049 shows this clearly

>why is he physically weak

priss nearly pulls his head off and he scales a building with a broken hand

>Thanks DP said HE LEFT FORD BLURRY specifically to minimize the difficult lighting effect on him that they were doing on Young because it was only intended for her.

Then people noticed the mistake...Thought it was intentional, and later Scott didn't want to people to think it was a mistake, that it was intentional all along...And thought to himself: "Thank god these basement dwellers are paranoid as shit....It's not such a bad idea...Plus, i'll be seen as a genius...Win win"

And that's how he was forced to admit that Dekckard was a replicant...

>no effort.
he barely made it over the edge

The chief is also a replicant

that resistance old bitch for instance

Because a decade after the movie was released, Ridley decided to ascribe a different meaning to the origami unicorn, and stuck in dream footage that wasn't originally intended.

Because he knows Deckard is a gay and therefore likes unicorns.

in the book it is specifically said that he is not

>priss nearly pulls his head off and he scales a building with a broken hand
But he was clearly weaker than Roy Batty

Gonna need a source on that.

I was under the impression they used very specific lighting and a camera mounted mirror device to achieve that effect. I find it hard to believe it appears in a shot so carefully framed by accident and was then 'blurred' rather than re-shot.

Watching the movie the first time it never occurred to me that dekkard might be a replicant
Literally adds nothing to the film and wouldn't make sense in the context set up in the movie

No, the writer said no and Harrison Ford said no.

Ridley Scott has just gone insane in his old age and wanted to retrospectively add le epic twist

Don't give Ridley ideas. He already says Prometheus' Weyland was a protege of Tyrell.

well we are here joking but there are people that really have this tier of theories for movies...

The glowing eye meant the character was horny
Not that they were replicants

Is your Google on the fritz?

>improvised arguably Han Solo's most famous moment that suited the character perfectly
>Told George Lucas that Han should die in ROTJ
>Told the studio that the Blade Runner voiceover was fucking retarded
>Told Scott that Deckard shouldn't be a replicant

Ford is a lot smarter than people give him credit for and his films would be better if directors just listened to him all the time

That's two different anons you're replying to. Maybe we both have the same implanted memories of reading an old Cinefex article back in the day.

Here's something i don't understand in all of this...
We all agree on the fact that what we call "replicants" (in Scott and Villeneuve's films not K Dick's novel)...Are made of flesh and bone correct ? They're not like the Terminator on the inside correct ?...

They're basically humans who weren't born, and since they had no childhood , they also had implanted memories...they're "lab" creations right ? genetically engineered to have a certain strength or to be genetically predisposed to be mentally/psychologicallt castrated or be sex slaves or whatever...

Knowing this...
I still find it hard to believe that these people don't have rights and are considered as slaves...Especially in the fucking PC world we're currently living in. Where the only group of people you have the right to demonize are whites anyway.

Now i know it's sci-fi, i know it's blade runner's world... But at this point Stallone's Demolition Man seems closer to our reality imo...

Know what i mean ?
youtube.com/watch?v=dz4HEEiJuGo

Golly, that Owl is going to rape even Tyrell if left unchecked

Dekkard is actually psychic and the unicorn is from the future . Because the film Legend takes place after the replicants take over and destroy humanity
There are a lot of clues in the film if you pay attention

>still found a way to whine about political correctness and play the victim

Impressive