Adding Engineers in Alien mythos was a mistake

Adding Engineers in Alien mythos was a mistake.

Agreed
If you took out like the last 20 minutes of the movie where actual Alien shit was going on the movie would've been GOAT

>you share the board with ultra-plebs like this

>There are people on this board who unironically think Prometheus was a good addition to the Alien lore
Jesus Christ

Are you surprised? These are the people that making dozens of MCU/DCU threads. Talk about Star Wars like it's some kind of deep, meaningful, serious film series.

This Engineers shit turned a believable space-horror franchise into a silly Star Trek fantasy series.

Honestly, despite the flaws of the movies, i prefere the mythological "Alien vs Predator" backstory to the pseudo philosophical and Self obsessed Engineer stuff

The only way they can fix this shit is if the Engineers are just imitating their own creators (the Space Jockeys), since it's not even remotely believable that the huge fossilized remains in the first film are an Engineer and it completely ruins the mystery behind it in the first place.

The original xenomorph in Alien was always conceived as a biological weapon. It was a genetically-engineered attack dog. Therefore somebody must have done the engineering.

They are both terrible.

The AvP one was like something a 14 year old comes up with and the Prometheus one is like something a vegetable would come up with.

If we want to be honest, anything beyond Aliens was a mistake and for some people that's it's anything beyond Alien. Sometimes the key to a great idea is knowing when it needs to stop.

Seriously. I liked back when it was just, you know, an alien. We didn't need any further backstory.

>im an engineering student
When i imagine an engineer alien race, i imagine a geeky alien who carries an oversized backpack carrying his thinkpad. He has a 9-5 job that pays well. He likes playing video game. A bit of a pervert. Nothing special going on with his life.

FFS learn to Sup Forums, you embarrassing tone-deaf newfag.

Whoa a fedora wearer .jpeg! How will we recover, what an argument.

If I was king chink mass replying would be the top most bannable offense beyond CP

>The original xenomorph in Alien was always conceived as a biological weapon. It was a genetically-engineered attack dog.
I'd reccomend listening to Scott's commentary, aside from being really informative about the technical aspects, he also explains about how he always wanted to go back and make a movie about the origin of the Xeno.
He always had the idea that they were actually a highly intelligent species with an ancient space fairing civilisation. The reason the Xeno we meet is killing everything was because it was a terrified juvenile, all on its own.
Which makes Prometheus even more baffling in retrospect.

How can you seriously defend Prometheus? I'm assuming you're a comicbook movie fan if you can allow your brain to be switched off that much during a film.

>I'd reccomend listening to Scott's commentary, aside from being really informative about the technical aspects, he also explains about how he always wanted to go back and make a movie about the origin of the Xeno.
>He always had the idea that they were actually a highly intelligent species with an ancient space fairing civilisation. The reason the Xeno we meet is killing everything was because it was a terrified juvenile, all on its own.
>Which makes Prometheus even more baffling in retrospect.

I remember reading that in a magazine about 20 years ago and it was really interesting. How the xenomorphs were basically the remnants of a conquered civilisation, wiped out by these 'Space Jockey' things and somewhat weaponised.

>replacing alien with Engineers mythos was a mistake.
ftfy

there is no alien mythos. alien is one of the best creature horror films. aliens is a shit tier action flick. everything else was a mistake

Never once have I watched an Alien movie and thought You know what these movies need? An overly complicated myth arc.

>Adding Engineers in Alien mythos was a mistake.
The problem is more with the execution than the concept. The nonsense convoluted life cycle from black goo to xeno bugged me more, and I don't think it's really necessary.
Also how in covenant how even looking at some black goo seems to make little gremlins pop out of your body instantly.
I mean in the original it felt like it was days between when the face hugger latched on until it bursts out of his chest. In aliens those colonist seem like they've been strung up for a while before the colonial marines get there. In Alien 3 the whole movie takes place during ripley's gestation.
From resurrection onward they just speed it up way to much for lazy plot reasons.

They are called Prometheuses

The worst possible idea of the series was a prequel. A large part of the horror element of the entire franchise was the unknown mystery of where this fucking thing came from.

What bugged me the most with Prometheus was the "100% DNA MATCH" shit and the star maps. They just put a completely moronic tint on what was a relatively realistic sci-fi series.

I find it interesting that so many people give so much credence to what Scott thinks the universe should be. He was only the director, As far as Ron Shusset and Dan O'bannon were concerned, anything beyond the original Alien was superfluous. Just because Scott wants to do something or thinks it's cool doesn't mean it's well conceived.

fuck you, i enjoyed that flick

damn this makes me angry with what we actually got

The Engineers are the Space Jockeys, user.

I know. I just wish they weren't.

>The only way they can fix this shit is if the Engineers are just imitating their own creators (the Space Jockeys)

This. I just fucking hope that it turns out that the Engineers are just humans, or androids or something, that found Space Jockey stuff earlier.

Don't we all.

Why did Prometheus do that? Did he not like the robot or something? What was Prometheuss problem?

Redittors like you fucking ruined this place, not like it ever was something more than a reddit containment board. Prometheus is objectivity a bad movie.

objectively*

there's a deleted scene or whatever that explains whatever
I dunno, I don't really care and it doesn't make any more sense than what we got

>realistic science fiction

you're a special kind of retarded, aren't you?

>land on planet
>be there literally a day
>visit the first building you see
>everybody dies
this wouldn't happen in real life

>Giving him (you)'s
Stop.

get a load of this faggot

>mobies r subbosed teh b liek reel lyfe

actually it could, depending on environment.

disease carrying critters
poisonous flora
airborne illness

its like you're on the way to experiencing darwinism first-hand, desu

>durr fiction is supposed to be realistic as possible

its fucking fiction, nigger

made-up, not real