Tfw nobody to go to the movies with

>tfw nobody to go to the movies with

I want to watch Blade Runner in the IMAX nearby but I just moved here and I'm bad at meeting people.

So go alone? The no-singles policy is just a meme, user.

You could bite the bullet and go with your parents, then take them out to dinner. Maybe even go visit at their house for a little bit.

Why don't you love us son

If you live near Philadelphia I will go with you, user.

I went by myself last night because no friends. It was great there were only two other people in the theater

I know that's not a real thing but I would feel sad.

I moved out of my mom's house for work and now I live about 200 miles away.

Sadly no. I live in San Diego.

get an iphone and go with siri; or alexa

This would be ideal. Packed to the brim is fine too.

I don't want a half-full room where it is easily noticeable that I'm by myself.

Holy shit are you me

>there is no craigslist or kijiji or plentyoffish on my web

euroshit

Do people really think this is a big deal? 99% of the time watch I movies alone.

Join a local cinema club. Most theaters have waivers for singles if you're part of a registered group.

Here's a protip: literally nobody cares if you go to the movies by yourself. Any impression you get that people are judging you -- or even noticing at all -- is in your head. My advice is to try and deal with that part of it. Look inward.

nobody cares
unless you are literally a 300kg fedora wearing neckbeard

This is how the seating is at the IMAX near me. There is obviously a group of four going to watch this and another person who I assume is by himself.

I find if I sit that close to an IMAX screen my brain can't process what the hell is going on in the movie.

>Literally went to see this movie last night
>Literally more single men in the theater than couples/groups (was very noticeable because there weren't that many people in here to begin with)
Stop being such an insecure faggot and stop caring what you THINK people are thinking about you. Literally no one cares.

why did they pick those seats? Have I been doing it wrong all the time?

People in groups sometimes like to sit in the corner, I guess.

Go alone. I went alone on release night and it was a great experience. Even met some hardcore Blade Runner fan who caught all the references to the original.

Me too.

I can understand why some autist would be scared to go alone because he would be scared to bump into someone he knows all alone by himself, but if you just moved to a whole new town there is literally zero reasons to not go, even if you're a proper socially inept autist.

>need company to sit silently on a dark room for 2h 43m
why? you afraid of the dark or something?

Go the first session in the morning youll be alone anyway nobody cares

Blade runner is one of those films who's quality improves when watched alone

I don't know why you'd allow yourself to feel sad over going to the cinema alone. Nobody cares at all, unless you're incredibly unhygenic or weight 300+ pounds or do some autistic shit during the screening.

What website is this that lets you pick your seats? I don't think any theaters near me offer this service.

The whole "doing things alone is weird" thing is a very modern invention. Prior to the invention of cell phones it was very common to go to movies, out to eat, or literally anything alone because it wasn't always easy to get in touch with people. Nowadays it's more normal to sit inside and play video games than go to the movies alone or whatever

It's Fandango.

Just go alone then. Nobody is forcing you to meet people

What the fuck are you talking? I lived prior to cell phones and no one went movies or out to eat alone. If anything it's easier to go alone these days cause you can always browse social media.