At what point did Marvel fall from grace?

At what point did Marvel fall from grace?

I remember when people acted like the MCU was the saving grace of Marvel.

>i want Spider-Man in the MCU's hands
>i want a proper Fantastic Four film in the MCU
>i bet the MCU would handle Ghost Rider right
>fox give x-men to the MCU dammit!
>i want muh *insert marvel character* in MUH MCU!

Now all you hear is capeshit, kiddie flicks, disney shills, safe & PC, Jews, MAHvel. What was once a beloved comic franchise is now hated, and not just the movies. More and more people are coming out of the woodwork and saying the characters are stupid and have never been interesting in all their 50 or 60 years of existence.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SnEtDERtH2M
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Disney stepped in and turned them into assembly line movies by committee.

Avengers 2 and after

I got sick of superhero movies after see the Iron Man 2 n the cinema. Total peice of shit, but all my friends liked it.

Do you mean the company Marvel or the MCU? Marvel fell from grace back in the late 80's/early 90's with the whole comic book bubble scheme. The MCU has had no fall from grace. It was always shit, just like the Force Awakens was always shit. People just got caught up in the frenzy and novelty in the beginning, and didn't realize until later that these films weren't particularly good.

It's an old story, and it will continue as long as there are young people eager and willing to consume everything shiny and new.

you mean everything post Avengers 1

You can pin-point the moment of death when Disney acquired Marvel. Then it ceased being Marvel and instead became a poor copy of it.

Sort of like what's happening to Star Wars now.

I never wanted Marvel to have Spiderman especially after the leaked emails talking about Raimi returning
as to when they fell from grace, probably The Avengers. I only ever liked the first Iron Man though

Marvel was already a shithouse by the mid-90's when all of its revenue came from X-titles.

Thor 1 and The Avengers are some of the worst big budget movies to have been released in the past 10 years. Iron Man is boring whenever Bridges is not on screen. Incredible Hulk is not bad but pretty forgettable. First Avenger is some kind of a happy accident where the studio heads forgot to order Johnston to make a shit movie and as such it's the only worthwhile thing to have come out of the MCU.

Their films were pretty good though. Several studios were doing their own takes on the universe.

>MCU was the saving grace of Marvel
It is though, despite your many valid points. If we're talking about marvel as a company then you must know that the MCU is where they make all their money now. No matter how poor your opinion about the MCU is, their comics are doing far far worse. Marvel can barely sell any comics at the moment and retailers are flipping out. Lots of kids that do watch their movies get into comics, but all the movie characters are different from the what they know, Hulk is Chinese, Thor is a girl, captain America is black or a nazi or some shit, Spider-Man is black, and Ironman is a black teenage girl, etc. New marvel comics formula is to take well established characters that have a fan base and toss them aside for new characters which have a different race or gender, and give new characters the old heros name, and they expect the fan base to stay loyal to these new characters who are simply riding the coat tails of the legacy of beloved franchises and completely assuming their identity. So they've lost a lot of fans and don't sell as much. MCU keeps marvel comics alive.

After Avengers 1. At this point it was clear as day to see they lacked creativity and remade the same movie plots with mew characters. I can't see a modern Marvel movie without disgust anymore because they are all the same and so predictable. When I was watching Homecoming, I knew Keaton was the black girls dad the second he mentioned a wife early on. It just goes to show how poor they are at making a compelling story.

I've only ever seen the original 3 spiderman and only the first 2 iron man. There's so many god damn movies .

Is it just me or is him wearing a coat in this pic just seem silly to me?

>What was once a beloved comic franchise is now hated, and not just the movies. More and more people are coming out of the woodwork and saying the characters are stupid and have never been interesting in all their 50 or 60 years of existence.
I didn't realize this until I looked up this video

youtube.com/watch?v=SnEtDERtH2M

>this was my childhood hero right here and Disney ruined him

Top voted comment. This is where the fans are. Not the fake nerds under Disney's salary. This is where the true fans are. And look what the top comment is saying. Under the surface of a "flawless comic book universe" is huge fan disapproval that will trigger a big counter response any day now.

>Several studios were doing their own takes on the universe.
Sure, but I don't give Marvel much credit for that.
>Avengers 1
The Avengers movie was bad. You got hit by the hypetrain.

Phase 2 took slightly different approaches though. Iron Man 3 was more of Tony MacGyvering around than fighting villains. Captain America 2 was pretty grounded and serious after his campy first romp. Guardians took it to the cosmos, Civil War did the impossible by shoving most of the Avengers into one movie yet still centering around the titular character and not them. Ant-man used the Iron Man formula, but in a fun refreshing way.

I would argue that the MCU didn't start getting lousy until phase 3. Guardians 2 rode the coattails of guardians 1 and doctor strange rehashed Iron Man again. Spider-man homecoming is nothing new in MCU terms, but if you just look at it with all the other Spider-Man movies, it's a new direction for him.

This is so bad. How come an old-ass Spiderman from 2002 still looks better than this shit?

>benny hill got to bum that

dang

spider-man and spider-man 2 are the only good marvel movies.
spider-man 3 and iron man 2 were the start of the decline.
/thread

That was my childhood too user, along with the x-men animated series.

I hope your first paragraph is just a joke because no one should sound as much like a marketer as you just did.

>Sort of
Have you even been paying attention?

X2 > Spiderman shit

nostalgia triggered

I wish i was a marketer. Those assholes get to sit pretty for the rest of their lives just for designing bright and colorful Spider-Man posters to draw in the kiddies. I have to work for scraps.

Because based Raimi

In-house CGI that was being carefully micromanaged by the director and that meshed well with what everyone else was doing. Now it's all taken to pieces and outsourced to some Paki country in Asia and reassembled.

>the avengers movie was bad

Its their best movie, both in terms of quality and financial success.
But then they fucked up. Phase 2 had Ironman 3, Winter Soldier, and Guardians of the Galaxy, but the rest was shit due to a lot of problems with directors, writers, and editing.
Phase 3 is now them trying to avoid creating more clusterfucks, and just focusing on making simple safe movies.