When did you realize he's just a judgmental prick?

When did you realize he's just a judgmental prick?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/14BbagW3lbA
youtu.be/taUqt_E0aOs
youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE
youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy8oLVOvi4
youtube.com/watch?v=nFhWpTKvD8E
youtube.com/watch?v=ihjkLV_EY1Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>implying you aren't

Yes but he has boundless curiosity and fascination with life. Like, I'm American and I understand that an aspect of what Louis does is "Look how crazy and stupid these Americans are isn't it ridculous" but it doesn't bother me because the judgement isn't all he is, no one is "just" one thing, it's not that cut and dry. Maybe when you're older you'll see a different side of things.

Yeah, how DARE he...

He's only made one good doc.

He can't be a prick since he has the right judgement.

I don't think he realizes how hard most of the people he interviews have had it in life. I don't know much about his background but I think he comes from a fairly rich and well-known one. I have one of his fathers books sitting in my bookshelf somewhere.

He's not. He's good at what he does. Don't be a jealous fag

Hi it's me Marcel Theroux, Louis got nothing on me youtu.be/14BbagW3lbA

he goes and meets these people and spends extended periods of time with them, not to mention being told explicitly what they go through. I shouldnt be so surprised that a fat fucking neckbeard on Sup Forums is really going to act is if they understand the world better than Louise Theroux

Our boy Fancy was just trying to provide for his girls

It's one thing to know the conditions and another thing to actually know how it feels to be in those conditions. My point is I don't think Louis can really empathize with how it feels to be a poor person with emotional and/or drug problems with no real opportunity in life and that's why his stuff feels flat when his subjects aren't particularly entertaining.

I'm saying this based on dark states though I mostly forgot his older stuff, it's been too long since I've seen them.

Got any youtubes links?

I've heard a lot about this guy recently but never watched any of his documentaries. Any particular one I should watch first? I don't mind if it's an old one.

Season 3 of weird weekends is the most kino. Big game hunting in Africa and bodybuilding stand out, but all of them are kino.

It's on dailymotion already just search louis theroux dark states episode 2

Oh man you have a goldmine in front of you. Start with Black Nationalists

youtu.be/taUqt_E0aOs
Reminder that this video actually exists.

Its not even on the list of the weirdest situation I seen Louis in

Louis has always looked 40 years old

I just rewatched America's Most Hated Family and it's really pretty bad. He keeps making facebook-tier "rebuttals" of their ideology that obviously come from someone with no knowledge of the bible.

Is he really that great? I know he's quite popular and does a lot of these. Is he an intellectual trying to show the world's problems in a subjective way, or is he like Ross Kemp, trying to appear all buff in front of biker gangs or some shit?

>people like this actually unironically exist and aren't just in some weird dream

>Is he an intellectual trying to show the world's problems in a subjective way, or is he like Ross Kemp, trying to appear all buff in front of biker gangs or some shit?

Neither man, Louis is such a thing unto himself. Its like he has a magic power that makes people put their guard down and spill their soul to him

youtube.com/watch?v=EBdk5hDadYE

>HER MAJESTIES GOVERNMENT FORBIDS YOU FROM PURVEYING OF THIS BROADCAST

He's good at what he does and that's all that really matters.

>When Louis met...Jimmy
>Louis visits his former childhood hero—73-year-old Jimmy Savile, the miner who became a TV and radio star. Louis also talks briefly about the allegations of paedophilia against Savile before the Jimmy Savile sexual abuse scandal broke after his death.
Jesus, is that for real? Louis talked about the pedo allegations with Jimmy Saville a decade before it all came out? Now this I have to see.

Think that one's on dailymotion

pay your youtube tax

Oh do please fuck off.

Which doc is this?

Louis has always been a sensible human being

You should watch that and then his follow up doc which is pure kino

They were good friends as well

He was a good friend

It's hard to really describe his style. He's almost immediately able to get these people to talk to him but he does it in a way that's not contrived. As great as he is, it's the people he interviews that turns some very good documentaries into classics. You've got hours of great stuff to watch.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rjy8oLVOvi4
They all knew what he was up to from the start. There's even allegation against him from like the early 60's.

I've only heard Theroux on Adam Buxton's podcast and he seems like a very relaxing person with a very soothing voice, I imagine he'd be very good at getting people to open up to him.

>implying he's not an upstanding member of his community

Intellectual response
I didn't even say I agreed with them dumbass

Louis and the Brothel is a great one to start with. One of his comfiest.

Beethoven
>BLACK
Mozart
>BLACK
Shakespeare
>UNDOUBTABLY BLACK WITHOUT QUESTION
Abraham Lincoln
>That's still in debate

K I N O

He straight up asks him about it and Jimmy deflects and shrugs it off like the master manipulator he was

Louis admits that he blew it

Fuck that one was kino. All three of the "law and order in..." were great.

In the philly one, you can see the belligerent stupidity and refusal of blacks to cooperate with police, and recognize how it has intensified into the situation we have today.

see
forgot link

That's king Henry, a light skinned black man

>you're browbeating me

Fucking KINO

Louis didn't blow it. He knew what Savile was. As an up and coming BBC employee he made a conscious decision not to pry too hard. Savile could have destroyed him. His follow up doc was him covering his arse, now knowing how bad Jimmy's behaviours were.

Louis and the swingers is also a good one

I think it's the only one where I've seen him be impartial. If I remember correctly, at one point the guy makes some kind of remark along the lines of 'the jews killed Jesus' and Louis gets triggered and instantly says 'JESUS WAS A JEW!!!!'.
There's a couple of moments like that in the whole docu where you can see Louis get a bit mad, which is very unlike him.

>all that killing talk
Oh christ help I cut myself on the edge and there's blood everywhere

>In the philly one, you can see the belligerent stupidity and refusal of blacks to cooperate with police, and recognize how it has intensified into the situation we have today.

That bit on the street corner where the cop explains the contractions in what the gangbangers are saying is great.

youtube.com/watch?v=nFhWpTKvD8E

Yep, that was a pretty bad moment. "Jews" today refers specifically to the people who rejected Jesus Christ's message, so it just makes no sense if you actually know anything about Christianity.

to be fair it's the best doc on the Phelps' by far

I saw one with Lily Allen's dad and he immediately confronted them, started ranting like a moron and got kicked out, leaving him with no good footage

So many women at that party wanted to fuck him.

Dats ma man yo talkin bout fool. He lurve me fo real, he de best thing I got in this life. He don't take money from me, I give it him.

I think the angriest he's ever gotten was with that boyfriend of the French woman in the recent alcoholic episode.

Fucking BBC blocked it for my country.

Yeah he had to dumb and tame his questions down so they wouldn't kick him out, he had to walk on eggshells

I'm 6'2" in a compact
No slack
Luckily the seats go back

Why does he only do sad documentries now?

And that would have been during the middle-to-late period of Saville's horrific deeds. He just shrugged it off, then after the interview he probably went to a hospital and raped a corpse. Jesus Christ.

I think it's generally regarded that a lot of people knew what Saville was, at least to some extent, but nobody did anything about it. I could see Louis trying to keep it cool and not trying to force a confession out of a man who was basically "tolerated" to do what he was doing. He tried, he got shrugged off, he dropped the subject. I wonder if anyone could have stopped Saville at that time, he was well-connected and had good protection.
That one Sherlock episode "The Lying Detective" is basically a thinly disguised plot all about Jimmy Saville.

>1488
>bbc blocked in your country
Protect your white women!

I MADE LOUIS THEROUX A HUMAN

'Looking for Love' is an underrated Weird Weekends episode. It's one of those sad and really uncomfortable ones. That guy Keith from the prostitute doc needs to get himself a Thai bride.

this is so fucking great lmao I need to rewatch weird weekends

Try hola extension

I've seen interviews with him where he's kind of hinted that he's not too proud of how he conducts himself in his earlier stuff. In a lot of those episodes he's just slyly making fun of deranged people.

I wish he hadn't wasted so much time on the Scientology doc. It's a well trodden subject that isn't really that interesting.

What do you call this haircut?

the fivehead

"The ponytail experience".
Seriously, make sure to warn any girl you date about wearing her hair in a too-tight ponytail, because that's what might happen.

Louis needs to get back out into the wild; back to the insanity of Africa. Pimps and prostitutes don't really compare to these guys:

youtube.com/watch?v=ihjkLV_EY1Y

Did he get anything out of it? Haven't watched that one. I know it's a cliche subject, but it's worth it if he's able to get insider info or some kind of reaction

kek

Shame he didn’t manage to get access to a “normal” scientology family. Could have been an interesting episode.

He's working on a Trump documentary at the moment. I don't like the direction he's going in. He used to explore interesting subgroups or at least find fresh angles on more well known stuff. I haven't seen the Scientology one but I hear it's pretty bad. And these last two docs have been really mediocre. He needs to go off grid again.

>detroit

You know that meme about Louis doing a doc on Sup Forums posters? Little did we know that it actually could happen

Idk to me he seemed so innocent and like he was enjoying himself in those days,i still love all his stuff but i wish he would do something lighter for a change.

If you watch Looking for Love again he's clearly fucking about with those poor guys. I like his WW stuff a lot but I think there's a distinct difference in style from him then and now.

Maleven here, thanks for posting but this clip! It sure brings back old memories of those darker days in my youth. Shortly after this encounter I took all the revenue from my crimes, diversified my portfolio and after a few (generous) years of solid returns I was able to compensate all the families I'd hurt. The police were lenient on me too for my acts of contrition. Not wanting to sound uncouth or big-headed but I'm somewhat a pillar of my community now. Anyway, please don't interpret this video as typical of Africa, it's just been overly dramatized by Louis, as one might expect..

He's probably a huge lefty asshole in person. I still love most of his documentaries though.

>asking a question and watching the subject fumble through his response means you're judgemental
If anything, it's his calm demeanor which allows him to extract as much information from the people he interviews. It's like everyone he meets is obsessed with proving themselves to him.

>You know that meme about Louis doing a doc on Sup Forums posters?
I could legit see this happen, but he'd have to get people to interview in person and I hardly see the average user being open to that. It would also only be interesting if he focused on the fucked up stuff rather than the average Sup Forums thread, and the anons behind the fucked up stuff would never do an interview.

what do you mean

He dindu nuffin user

Opinions on Dark States: Trafficking Sex?

heroin one was better

Absolutely kino.

when she was afraid of her daddy, ROFL

i loved the bit where that prostitute pretended to have lost some money hoping louis would be like "awww i'll help you here's some money".

>aww damn i lost exactly the amount i would need to make my quota without fuckin some dudes. my pimp will beat me up for sure!
>...

that junkie chick from the first episode tried to play him as well.

i wonder if he actually helped them (and had that edited out) or if he's like david attenborough watching the human animals feed on one another without getting involved.

>tfw I thought him and pic related were the same person

Oops.

Did he do any crazy religious ones and if so, which is the best? I'm in the mood to watch something like that

Any documentaries about really dark shit? Not drugs or prostitution, but stuff like nonces and serial killers.

Maybe I'm just a pleb but I wish he would go back to doing documentaries about colorful subcultures.

He hasn't put out anything good in a long time and his movie about Scientology was a complete disaster.

These last two docus have made up for the scientology movie completely. Louie in top form.

I think it was partly because that guy was more indoctrinated and extreme than the family themselves. I think when Phelps Sr. died, that guy actually completely took over operations. It was difficult not to get angry with him as at least you could say with the family members that they were brainwashed from birth.

He also seemed pretty angry when he was in the car with the female owner of the brothel, and she told him what Hailey had gone through.

Fucking Lake Palmer

And to everyone in the thread interested in the Phelps family, I would really recommend watching Megan(?) Phelps on Joe Rogan. It was a really illuminating podcast.

"Because I'm not focused on working I didn't hit my quota Louis, oh no Louis my Daddy's going to hit me, I can barely eat right not, oh my gosh I've lost ALLLL my money from last night Louis, he's gonna be really mad"

Nightmare. Get up the road you lying fucking trollop.

I want to blow my load in her face

Oliver's like a botched clone of Theroux