This film is bombing financially because of brainlet normies

Why don't they want to experience some genuine kino for once?

Other urls found in this thread:

mymovies.it/boxoffice/italia/top20/?weekend=15/10/2017
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I prefer it to be a sleeper hit so that it doesn't end up getting "movieverse'd" with sequels.

>normies only dislike it because they're to stupid to read its themes
>Sup Forums only likes it because of "muh hologram waifu"
>patricians hate it because it's a bad flick

I want to see it again but I don't want to pay the IMAX price again, and I'm worried in standard it won't be as good. I also have no friends. Should I go or no?

Hard science fiction never sells well.

I saw it in 70mm IMAX but I will 100% see it again in a normal theatre. It'll still be better than on my TV or monitor when the Bluray comes out

It's doing poorly because roasties cannot relate to it and normalfaggots do not want slow paced contemplative sci-fi for adults.

I don't know why they thought this would sell it's totally a cult film.

It's a great movie. Fuck off.

The only excuse I've heard is "it's too long." I went to see it Friday and the theater was packed to capacity with people waiting to see Happy Death Day. I watched 2049 with like 10 people.

That's possibly a good thing but the more likely thing that would have happened if this was financially successful is that studios would be willing to give big budgets to real sci-fi like Dune instead of just endless capeshit.

The risk of fucking up the 3rd Blade Runner so shortly after a successful second probably wouldn't have ever been worth it in their eyes.

Beaners were a mistake. Wall needed

i seen it a few times in standard and prefer it. imax was too big and too close for me I also have no friends

In UK the cinemas are fully booked

>movie starts off with text on the screen
YAWN! 2/10!

Studios don't finance good shit.

When will you idiots get that through your heads?

The only time good things get made is when passion project auteurs like Nolan or Villeneuve decide to put their own money into making good shit.

All studios care about is demographics and making the most money. They also tend to have an (((agenda))).

The financial success of Blade Runner 2049 or any other good sci fi film does not stop the chances of another good sci fi film from getting made in the future. Those are always led by passion project auteurs.

>patrician
You're a contrarian faggot is what you are.

spbp

We got Dunkirk and Blade Runner this year against all odds (unconventional artistic high budget movies with strong directors vision)
Maybe we can have surprises like this in the next years.

>tv/ only likes it because of "muh hologram waifu"

That's what I thought. Notice in every thread all they ever talk about is the Joi plot.

It's the most viewed in my country already:

mymovies.it/boxoffice/italia/top20/?weekend=15/10/2017

Redditors like OP will never be Sup Forums

i just got out of watching it two times in a row, first showing was at 9am. i got a few things to do now but im seriously considering going late tonight again or maybe tomorrow morning..... it would be my 6th time watching it.

i also took clients to see it for work so paid 9 tickets out of the company money about a week ago.

based patrician Sup Forums still lives on

the first four times i seen the movie, i thought goose [spoilers]died[/spoilers] at the end, but after the fifth time watching it today, i realized it dont have to be that way:

1. how many times was he stabbed in the movie and didnt die
2. why would he go all the way to estelline's lab with deckard if he thought the wound was too bad? he would seek help first then take deckard
3. estelline has high tech shit in there so even if he passes out in the snow deckard and estelline will save him

so in my mind, goose went into hiding farming maggots for many years after deckard shows him how to hide. they also rescued the dog and goose miraculously gets his original joi reconstructed from the cracked emanator. fuck you all for wanting every kino ending to be dark.

No, it's bombing because the original is overrated trash.

There have been long movies adorned by normies before, they just don't know enough about film and story syntax to say that what they really don't like is the fact that nothing of any real consequence happens in that much time.

Blade runner wasn't good though

>the normies aren't as enlightened as me
>such kino, much cinema
*tips fedora*

No cares if k died that's how uninteresting his character was.