What the fuck did I just watch?

What the fuck did I just watch?

A shitty horror film.

I thought it was great.

The plot is straightforward, except that the monster's origin isn't revealed, and everything is deliberately anachronistic:

>College students who play the card game Old Maid (also the college seems more like high school?)

>Retro-looking movie theatre with piano intermission instead of adverts

>Characters dress for winter in one scene, put on swimsuits in a scene set a few days later

>70s decor and furnishings

>All the TVs are retro and display black-and-white monster movies

>No mention of internet, even when they were researching the guy who infected the protagonist

>Despite all the above the slatternly girl has an odd e-reader in clamshell case

>No mobile phones except in the prologue, which seems have more modern cars and suburban homes than in the rest of the movie. This implies to me it could take place decades after the main plot.

It was cool until that absolutely retarded pool scene and the ending really reaches for poignancy that isn't there

You know, the first time I watched it I didn't pick up on most of this aside from the girls clamshell eReader. I did feel very uneasy during the film. Later I realized it was all because of that. It's hard to place while you are in the moment but it throws you off and adds to the uncomfortable nature.of the film. Fucking genius.

>The plot is straightforward, except that the monster's origin isn't revealed

Well, since the monster represents AIDS (and should have been obvious by all the period stuff you described below), it probably came about from some fag fucking a monkey.

I can't remember how this shit ends now, did they BTFO of roasties or assuage them their immorality?

>I thought it was great
Stopped reading

That's one of many possible explanations for the monster, and also the most surface-level. It could also represent adulthood.

Adulthood will kill all the virgins too though.

>distributed by The Weinstein Company

>Well, since the monster represents AIDS

I like how you assume the most obvious reading is solely correct. Didn't you notice the significance of the forms the monster takes:

(a) The decrepit woman and the grotesquely tall but sickly looking man respectively representing age and disease.

(b) A filthy-looking naked child, representing abuse

(c) It took the form of Chad's mother, and probably assumed the form of the protag's father. It seemed to have sex with chad, or mimic it, making the association with incest and sexual abuse clear.

an above average horror film with a good ambiance

A terrible horror movie.

>"Holy shit. It walks really slow and follows you. Man, if only I had a car to get across the country."

Stupid ass fucking movie.

It's a slow kind of dread, knowing that it's always following you.

the prequel to It as the title tells you.

Should I watch this before or after watching It?

Just build a fucking hole and bury it in there. Not like it has superpowers. It can't even tear down a door.

>go to India
>have sex with prostitute
>enjoy a happy life and die eventually of old age

I don't remember much of this except the girl with the book reader in the shape of a hand mirror and the dude that had sex with his mom

>Just build a fucking hole and bury it in there.

How? It recognised they were planning to electrocute it in the pool and ruined the trap by throwing the white goods at the protag.

>Not like it has superpowers.

Invisibility and surviving bullets is a superpower

>It can't even tear down a door

It's strength is inconsistent (it twice throws the protag's friends out the way) for narrative effect.

Top qts in this horror/kino/film

My favorite part is when she gets gang banged on the boat

Chuckled

The film's events strongly suggest that It can't be contained in any one spot indefinitely. It will always find a way out, even if it takes a while.

The logic of the creature is also closely related to a concept that -35's understand fairly well, but which may be lost on older viewers: the notion of /re-spawn/ points for enemies in video games. I think that It re-spawns at some not-too-far off distance when it has to.

the guy who made it said it was all in a dream so that explains everything

1) It's a supernatural entity which can only be seen by the one it is stalking. If that's not a kind of superpower (if a limited one), then the word superpower as we use it is meaningless.

2) It literally busts in a door at one point. Have you seen the flick? Do you think thoughts before you write words?

The kid did drive by some whore. Maybe he passed out to them off-screen. Though at the very end when they walk hand-in-hand there was someone folowing them again.

>2) It literally busts in a door at one point.

He's probably thinking of it breaking into a house by throwing a rock through the window, or the scene where it patiently for the slatternly girl to open a bedroom door before ducking past her. Presumably it was just trying to be unobtrusive.

>The kid did drive by some whore.

The implication he had sex with one is very clear.

Odd film.

I was enjoying it, then it ended, then I realized I didn't enjoy it. It wasn't even that the ending was horrible, it collectively just fell flat for me.