Takes place in a near futuristic Los Angeles

>Takes place in a near futuristic Los Angeles
>The city is cleaned up and there are no homeless anywhere

Do they honestly expect me to take this movie seriously?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=73kIG3HcFq0&t=1s
latimes.com/local/la-me-echo-park-gang-20140126-story.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Gentrification

Doesn't stop homelessness or crime
See LA and Chicago

>china took over
>they hate dark skins more than the klan
plausible

They enslaved the homeless. Calling it now.

they literally moved them all to Sacramento only rich people live in LA

they moved them more east.

WHAT MOVIE

Joi

>Taxi Driver-era NY is a crime-ridden, filthy shithole
>modern day NY has nowhere near as much crime or rubbish
I buy it

also, the more unbelievable aspect is that public transportation

The crime is generally contained within the shitty black communities, like Compton in LA or the South Side of Chicago.

>Hurr

Stop and Frisk, baby

This will be Los Angeles in 2 years according to the original Blade Runner

>modern day NY has nowhere near as much crime or rubbish
not anymore senpai

I was in LA for the first time last March. The amount of homeless people I saw was absolutely mind blowing. And I'm a Washington DC native.

Literally every 15-20 feet down any street I walked through had handfuls of homeless people.

And this was in the "nice" parts of downtown. I was repeatedly told by some people there to avoid anywhere near skid row at all costs.

LA is pretty small time compared to SF or Seattle. It's pretty bad there.

kek

Downtown LA is tent city and the governor and mayor won't do shit about it. There's a massive hepatitis outbreak because of bums shitting and pissing on the street

This is so foreign to me.

The most I'd see is people in sleeping bags, never tents. And dublin has quite a few homeless

>hep outbreak
San Diego you fucking retard

At least get your shitholes right

yep, no harsh nights to take them out.

>a word
I hate when you losers go through the effort of clicking on pictures of street signs and roads just to show the world you know a fucking word.
What a useless post. Grow the fuck up, user.

u seen kaptainkurts vid on this shit?

who?
link?

People live in ... tents?
In the USA?

I'm from a small Yuropoor country and there's nobody living in a tent in the whole country

>BAAWWWW THE CORPORATIONS
At least to the original's credit, they let it speak for itself. The new one goes full-force muh environment.
Terrible movie in nearly every aspect save audio.
>le quirky comic relief gf ruining the dense atmosphere with cellphone jokes
>hamfisted race-war allegory

Since when are you from Doblin, mate?

what the fuck are you talking about?

are you ok this was a really uncalled for spergout

Its warm all year round that's why they have so many. Lots of people who find themselves homeless elsewhere scrounge up enough change for a greyhound and stop in SF or LA.

That's what wellfare does to people. You guys have no camping skills. Meanwhile our recreational outdoors industry is booming.

>"nice" parts of downtown

Skid Row is 27 blocks now. There is no nice downtown despite the experimental hipster condo zone.

>Downtown LA is tent city and the governor and mayor won't do shit about it

They don't even acknowledge the problem.

>dropping f-bombs to show how aggressively you missed the point, like an aggressively smart individual should
>run-on sentence
>"this is really uncalled for"
First of all, Sup Forums is /bladerunner2049/ until that garbage leaves the cinema. Second of all, I can already tell 100% your opinion on the movie and who you voted for in 2016 based on your reddit speech. Grow a pair.

in the movie dingus OP asked where they are and thats where they are in the MOVIE

youtube.com/watch?v=73kIG3HcFq0&t=1s

To be honest, lads, I kind of want to move to Los Angeles to become an actor. How realistic is this dream of mine? And no, I don't want to get Weinsteined for movie roles (I'm a dude anyway, not a pretty girl).

>appropriated 2 billion to get rid of the hobos in 2016
it might be true but then again they've trillions and decades to ((solve)) the homeless problem

>takes place in a futuristic Los Angeles
>there are still white people

Sometimes movies go too far

You will never succeed

Explain why

Skid row looks like a zombie apocalypse movie set. There's trash everywhere, the buildings are all disused and boarded up, and the homeless just conegreate in random parks and tent cities on the sidewalk. It's disgusting.

Are you okay? I know Trump has turned out to be the worst president of all time, but I promise you will get over it.

Because you don't want to get Weinsteined you fucking derp.

can we please ban razorface's autist army this is getting really embarassing

Jon Hamm never got Weinsteined and he didn't really hit it big until Mad Men, by then he was already in his mid 30s.

maybe they relocated all the vagrants to prison camps

Choosing LA was a bad example. LA's crime has decreased partially because poor people are moving away and moving to desert cities. Even LA gangs are becoming commuter gangs.

>So many gang members have been priced out of the neighborhood, he said, that their presence can be hard to spot during the week. But on Fridays and Saturdays, they make a pilgrimage back to their roots. They ride in from El Sereno, Eagle Rock, even the Inland Empire, to hang out. Each Monday, trash cans and stop signs wear fresh "ExP" graffiti.

>"It becomes a weekend gang," Arellano said.

>The change came as the gang, which for decades commanded an intimidating presence in the neighborhood, saw its membership dwindle. Echo Park lost some Locos to bullets and others to prison. Another group of active gangsters chose to uproot their families from the violence. But one of the biggest changes came with gentrification.

latimes.com/local/la-me-echo-park-gang-20140126-story.html

Jon Hamm got a very lucky break, in winning his Mad Men audition, to contract for the show as Don Draper. The show wouldn't be the same with so many actors that were a big deal around 2006 and 2007 being cast in the lead role. Hamm played the role of a gritty, politically incorrect adman of the 1950s and '60s very well. I'm not sure who the new Jon Hamm/Don Draper kind of actor is, at the moment, though, if there are any others much like him, but younger. Does Hamm still get enough film/TV roles, these days?

Every coastal city in Cali is this. San Francisco is even worse, city shuts down after dark because the homeless awaken and take over the city.

There's tent cities in Paris and most other french cities by this point.

who the fuck isn't on legacy captcha at this point?

They send all the hobos and crazy people to the midwest and the north to freeze to death

Good ole authoritarian rule

5 guys with rifles and flamethrowers.

>tfw I have to deal with these shit-stain animals on a daily basis
>tfw I want nothing more than to set these tent cities on fire