Yes... wouldn't want prisoners and people who are unfit to be in society living in sub-par conditions

Yes... wouldn't want prisoners and people who are unfit to be in society living in sub-par conditions.

What the fuck is wrong with the SJWs and every first world country becoming increasingly liberal?

You'll be okay with poor prison conditions until SJWs take control and decide your hate speech is worthy of imprisonment familam.

Don't joke about that because who knows what the future holds with the way things are going.

The worst of humanity deserve dignity under the law. This is what makes us different from them.

This nigger right here wants us to be like China/Russia.

You can make prison suck without depriving people of edible food, other people etc

Notice how the left only complains about prisons if they're private.
They couldn't care less how bad or good the prisons actually are. They just hate that word private. That's all this is about.
If there was a modern-day Soviet Gulag in Mississippi they would be just fine with it.

SJWs? It was corrupt as fuck, being run by Tyrone and his crew of corrupt guards.

To run a proper prison system you need
- a classification index to not mix lifer ultra psycho violent gangsters with somebody who doing a year for non payment of gov fines
- have control over inmates
- not have corrupt guards

That prison had none of the above. Not everybody in jail is there because they are theives or murderers, many are in there for bullshit domestic/child custody issues, fines (debtor prison), or petty prescription drug abuse.

Out of curiosity, why do people who have never shown dignity to others deserve dignity?

Bullets are 30 cents. I say put them down.

Sure, then you'll end up in a prison just like this.

Also haven't noticed anybody on the left be critical of Obama for doing sweet fuck all to reform the federal prison system.

Why would Obama care? He's too busy letting prisoners go.

The left will only complain about government if they're not in power. If they are all they'll attack anyone who complains about government. Their feigned concern for inmates is as disingenuous as it gets.

When Stalin and Mao enslaved and murdered tens of millions in the most barbaric prison systems the world had ever seen the left thought they were just dandy.

Those prisoners are probably pissed their cushy prison filled with drugs where they could do whatever they wanted is gone.

Prison is basically college for criminals.

I feel that we become more accepting and tolerant of their actions by committing them ourselves. I believe vengeance does nothing most of the time. You cant repair the damage of murder with more murder. rape cannot fix rape. So what does it do? Are we doing this so we feel better about it somehow? That the worst of things is only deserved by those who comit them? I believe we stand taller when we say these things are not what makes anything better. I believe that there is value in our own virtue. I am not saying we cannot kill in war. This stability is why we have wars. This is what we do in peace. We cannot say we have boarders and citizens without keeping a rulebook that keeps our own actions clean in the face of whats abhorrent.

I guess that's where I differ from people on morals. I don't see killing off murderers as murder.

They're going to sit in a cell for 20 years or for a life term and require tens of thousands of dollars per prisoner in taxes.

Prisoners get better health benefits than minimum wage workers. It makes no fucking sense.

What is murder? A solider can commit murder of a citizen even tho he is trained to perform this action explicitly by the state. What separates it is the place and persons involved. Civilization says we can always kill if things are "just right". But is this salad of words really morality, or convenience to separate ourselves from whats happening? What vision do we have in mind when we carve out these rules? We always get to call it "Justice" for whatever we agree on in the end. Trial by law, or by combat. Punishment by death or whatev. Its what we sleep with. in short. Its not impossible for special circumstances to relabel the killing of a person by another to something more palatable. But does this change the action? Is the taking of life by any number of names change whats ultimately happening? When we kill a murderer we are still performing an action that is more or less identical to what they themselves did. And what they did we find horrid. Still these circumstances can give us a diff. label on the action but what makes killing horrible to begin with is not simply an action. While many say the death of our enemies is ultimately a loss of precious human life under horrible circumstances. No. Ontop of this. This taking of a life is also happening to someone outside of war. Its within our boarders and to a citizen outside the label of self def. As they are "prisoners". I'm just not seein how it is so diff. despite the words we use.
for the second part I can only offer this. These prisoners are often forced to work some kind of job below minimum wage. This saves whatever company that uses them quite a bit of money since they don't have to ship whatever to a 3rd world country. If it was more transparent we might be able to argue that this cost saving should go toward these expenses. I am not against Private Prisons.

I do think we have too many people in prison for smoking a joint and that wastes far more money than the murders ever could.

this

Not all prisoners are unfit to be in society.

Many non-violent criminals go to prison. (Which I think is pretty shit desu, if you aren't posing a physical threat to other human beings, why not get some other kind of punishment?)

Also, private prisons are the biggest meme. Since they are paid to take criminals, they create demand for criminals, leading to all sorts of corrupt shit.

The private element adds insult to injury. At least the motivation for putting someone in a gulag is legitimately just punishment. With private prisons you also introduce the profit motive: Someone is profiting from crime, and it's not the criminal.