China to build nuclear reactor in Essex after Hinkley deal approved

it's all ogre, we're a chinese colony now

telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/09/15/china-to-build-nuclear-reactor-in-essex-after-hinkley-deal-appro/

>China is to begin developing a new nuclear power station in Essex after the Government heralded a new wave of UK reactors by approving the £18bn Hinkley Point plant in Somerset.

>give go-ahead to an completely overpriced, unreliable, untested and outdated reactor design that will provide jobs primarily for the FRENCH, that is funded by EDF and chinks, as well as getting tens of billions in subsidies
>then let the chinks build a nuclear reactor in the south of england
>chinks, who are so well known for safety are being allowed to build something that could kill hundreds of thousands when constructed poorly and without following regulations correctly (which is what will happen)
>EDF is meant to support this build, but they are not well known for safety either and are corrupt

i'm as pro-nuclear as it's possible for anyone to be, but i draw the line at chink reactors. i'm unironically going to be voting ukip at the next election lads.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_reactors
youtube.com/watch?v=BcF4WoUt7-M
rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2009/10/27/rspb.2009.1650
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>EDF
Earth defence force?

>which is what will happen

Sup Forums is great for watching loons post

The Chinese have their nuke plants built by European contractors.

They know better than to build them themselves, they understand how stupid and short-sighted their serf class is.

Enjoy your meltdown in a decade.

I smell bullshit. I don't believe it for one second. Just a bunch of propaganda

I wouldn't trust anything the Chinese are setting up. Tell them to go away.

UK is like Piggy in middle.

It has good links with China due Hong Kong.

They will invest in uk and be greater allies with you then Europe and America.

But you still have allies all round world in american commonwealth and in Europe.

Brxit should be good for country such as uk with world trade links .

I see trade between uk china increasing and closer ties.

This is a good deal.

Shame about the french.

The Chinese should be building a thousand more reactors imo, anything to get the co2 levels down.

Électricité de France

>Nuclear mutated Essex people

Dear God...

>Untested
>Outdated
What? It can be one or the other, if it's outdated that implies it's been tested/used before.

CIDF yes, but the design is chinese. that means at best it will be massively inferior to a western design, at worst it will be downright dangerous.

china hates that we have good links with hong kong, anyone from there will tell you this.
the chinese are not to be trusted at all, ask the leaf and the australians about that.
yes, increased trade is good, but selling out our energy industry to china is not good at all, selling it out to the frogs is bad enough.

Can't wait for Stalker: essex edition.

sabotage it

I'm struggling for silver linings again
But wouldn't we be having a say and an oversight, in the development of Chinese reactors, making them safer?
They will sell them anyway

the design dates back well over a decade which means it's practically obsolete, especially considering construction has barely even started. none of the plants being built with this reactor have actually reached operational status yet, mainly because of major delays, so it is untested in a commercial setting. the french have even admitted it's a shit design and are working on a new one.

How can it be old if they just going to build it? Nuclear technology isn't anything that could go old, sun is powered by it. What matters is really to secure it, control it. English people who are part of this deal will make money, that's how it always was.

There have been amendments to this deal that stipulates that the government has executive rights to take control of the plant in the case of extraneous circumstances as it is a national strategic asset. The original deal laid out by Osbourne was a fucking joke, essentially barreling Britain up while handing shotguns to the Chinese and French, but the deal has improved slightly.

Honestly, Osbourne fucked this country over for 6 years with nonsensical austerity while printing money and doing fuck all with it. He doubled the deficit and still couldn't pay for this using British companies. Not like we have any decent nuclear engineering companies any more, but that's a whole different matter.

our regulator will oversee it, but there's only so much they can do. the chinese are providing the money therefore will have significant influence in the construction and design process regardless of who is meant to be overseeing the process. they will cut corners wherever they can because that's what they do, their greed outweighs any sense of foresight. plus once they get the go-ahead to build one, that opens the door to them building more. since if anything does go wrong, it's unlikely it will until well after the plant is operational - it's usually a lack of fail safes or poor operating/safety procedures that lead to nuclear accidents.
the only silver lining is that it's nuclear, not a huge, even more overpriced solar or wind farm.

haha, serves you fucks right for giving us back to them.

fucking britcucks, you fucked up and deserve this

More concrete you build around it, more secure it is, but real damage can be caused by human error in regulating it. If you want you can construct 100 meters of concrete around it, then even if human error happens you are safe.

t. Chan Kong-sang

>not that we have any decent British nuclear companies

This is a lie. I work for one. This is one of the things pissing me off about the whole thing. They could have and should have gone local for a major strategic asset in the national interest with this, but didn't. There is loads of British nuclear expertise.

Instead we went with chink crap for the benefit of the French. May had little choice but to OK it as at this late stage it would have caused diplomatic issues with the French and Chinese to kill it. Fuck Osbourne.

Anyone who's worked with the Chinese at any level, national, business, individual, knows to never work with them. Teyrr stupid and can't be trusted.

i guess that's an improvement but doesn't that require there to be some noticeable issue that leads to us taking control? that's great if it runs massively over-budget and the chinese firm goes broke somehow, but not so good if the issue is supposedly insignificant safety measures being overlooked to save money that nobody else notices.

older designs are less efficient and generally less safe (or still safe while being less overdesigned, therefore being cheaper to build) than new designs, each successive design improves on old ones. the main issue with hinkley point is it's incredibly expensive, far more than it needs to be.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_nuclear_reactors
You have operational nuclear reactors starting to get build in 70ies, which were planned also decade ago, so basically designs from 60ies, then completed in 80ies, still working today.

The type of reactor is a French designed one. It was barely ahead of competing designs from around the world when it was released. Some of these competing ones have already been built sndbsre operational. Every single one of the Hinckley C type of reactors have faced massive delays, costs doubling or more during the course of construction, safety issues in the construction, and other issues.

It's like buying an expensive new football player who promises to be a great addition to the team. He then breaks his foot on is way to first training, misses the first two seasons due to more injuries, reveals he has a secret crippling drug problem, meanwhile your team is now being beat by other teams who picked up cheaper, new young talent or have older, but more experienced and far more reliable players.

Your "star" player then defects to the Chinese.

>Chinese construction quality
Good god bongs, what are you doing

I might actually improve some of them.

So what type do you like and who should build it in your opinion?

Looks like Opium War Revenge Time

foreign investment was a mistake

name one chinese reactor meltdown

this meme reactor is fucking retarded

>actually letting chinese communists have anything to do with a reactor that will supply 7% of all the energy in the UK

pure genius Dave!

What's the big deal? Qatar owns like 95% of that shard building in London too. Let the stupid foreigners spend their money and you get cheap energy.

You are getting cheaper energy out of this, right?

why can't we build our own stuff?
Oh yes we sold it all off cheaply thats why.

but why would you pay tens of billions to build a reactor from the 60s, when you could build a safer and more efficient plant for far less? just because they're still working doesn't mean it's still a good design compared to what we have now. if that was the case there would be no need to decommission them at massive cost.

no, the energy is fucking expensive

and qataris owning a big glass meme in london is fucking irrelevant i have no clue why you even brought that up, unless the Shard is secretly providing us with electricity or something

i guess fukishma wasnt enough of a wake up call. and the japanese are probly alot more competent. u guys are fucked

We don't have to deal with massive earthquakes and tsunamis so I'm not sure where you've gathered that from

>if there hasn't been a meltdown as a result of a chain of unexpected events then the reactors are safe

wew

that building is not a nuclear reactor, and did not cost our government billions and billions in subsidies

>You are getting cheaper energy out of this, right?

not cheaper than if we'd done it ourselves, no.

iirc japanese and yanks have good designs, and they're much more trustworthy as trading partners. we probably have our own designs that are better than this french piece of shit. one major problem with these reactors is the actual reactors themselves are unnecessarily large, they could have chosen tried and tested designs with a smaller power output and built more of them across several sites, and it would still have come to a far lower total cost than what we're doing now.

Why even build a nuclear reactor? Then if you build it, why not build it yourself? Does it specifically say it's 60ies?

Japan reactor failed because Japanese corporations are above the law and they didn't follow warning signs. But that's how every reactor fails.

>China to build a nuclear reactor

China should never be in the same sentence as the rest of those words. Good by Britain. I was kinda liking you after the whole Brexit thing but you will be wiped off the globe within a decade.

should have just let the chinese build the whole thing in their way 2bh

fly in workers the whole shebang

then it would actually get built on time and in budget, this country is incapable of building infrastructure without years of arguments. hence why our roads are so shit

One thing you need to know about the Chinese; never trust them. Laowai are barely human to them.

Kek

You cannot even bring people into space yourself and have to rely on your enemy Russia, while at the same time badmouthing them, pathetic.

While China yesterday easily have done that and build stuff in the space.

Stay butthurt

Nah. This Essex one will be designed and built by the Chinese. Designed and built. By the Chinese. I'm just glad I live nowhere near Essex.

After these three plants the UK MUST start building and designing our own. Renewables are centuries away from forming the backbone. 21st century will be all about nuclear. Not getting in on this would be missing a trick.

And Mudlimes cant even build a car. Dont you have a goat to that needs fucking Muhammad?

Let me guess, Britain isn't working with Russia and building their superior reactors, because Putin is evil?

You guys really are pathetic.

RIP UK

it was nice knowing you

why the fuck would you trust the chinks to build ANYTHING?

Everything they make is total shit and they don't give a fuck about safety or environmental standards

>pro nuclear

oh ok you're just retarded then

Why can't you filthy subhuman whites understand that your true rulers are here to leash you and tame your savage barbarian asses?

China has been a pinnacle of technological innovation for 6000 years, unlike inferior western nations that have only risen in this century.

This millennium will be the red millennium of the manifestation of the Righteous Harmonious Chinese Heavenly Earthen Empire.

>this is the future of the west because it is to fucking cheap to hire white builders and white workers
>0 safety standards and everything you walk into is a death trap

I hate this jew run world so much

chinks aren't humans

they're just large colony insects

That elevator isn't Chinese, its subhuman korean, can you not read the letters? Inarticulate American, no wonder your IQ is 95.

Just because chinks invented a couple things some time ago, doesn't mean you're worth shit now, Chang Mircropenis.

Your nuclear program, for instance, was pretty much donated to you rice farmers by the Soviets.

Everything else is literally stolen.

Once we as humans finally get rid of the stigma associated with nuking subhumans, China and other such shitholes, will get leveled overnight.

Koreans are just inbred Chinese

Insects are the strongest force on Earth by biomass. Stalin knows numbers but not at the level that Chinese collectively know. You are declining in birthrate. China will become genetic manipulator gods and make true aryan children. Hitler was a filthy white, he could breed with blacks. Chinese are not humans, we are transcendent from divine heavenly DNA and incapable of your filthy racemixing.

>this is the future of the west because it is to fucking cheap to hire white builders and white workers
Stop talking crap - you haven't a clue what you are talking about.

Our dicks are smaller as you're biologically inferior and need body hair to stay warm. Look at your so called big dick 95 IQ birthrates you filthy white scum. Soon we will own your property and leash you for your crimes you committed against our people.

How the tables have turned. We the Kangz now. Suck our yellow dicks.

Going to chinese coz you dont want russian shit is really fucking weird because most of chink tech is our old tech + no quality control

Wrong again, Koreans are inbred Japanese. Chinese genetics cannot possibly become such filthy subhumans that can breed with blacks and whites. You are of the same negroid-chimpanzee kind. Chinese are true heavenly space travellers. That is why you have your exploding American and Russian rockets. Chinese rockets do not explode.

Getting taxpayer money out of the system and into any hands but our own is all our ruling classes care about.

Water, trains, electricity, healthcare, mail. You name it, we'll sell it, profitable or not.

only Asians are comfortable living as insects

I know exactly what I'm talking about you dumb britcuck

you are selling your country to the Chinks because you want to save a few dollars by hiring asian workers, designers etc who are only cheaper because everything is made out of cardboard and garbage and their workers get paid 5 cents an hour

disgusting

It's funny seeing chinks talking about "owning" anything, when 99.9999% of you are sweatshop-tier slaves.

I've interned at IAEA over the years, I'm well aware of the quality of chinese reactors, they're a running joke over here, pretty much on par with French reactors from the 70s.

I've got my fingers crossed for Chernobyl 2.0

Uh no Japanese are just Island Chinks mixed with the Ainu

You realize all east asians cluster together genetically right? Typical Chink ignoring basic genetics because "muh honor"

Insects are truly superior to your "liberalism" cancer. True collectivism is the people's righteous might smiting individualism the liberal cancer-herpes of the West.

Pay your debt, your life is forfeit to Chinese might.

>meanwhile in USA
youtube.com/watch?v=BcF4WoUt7-M

Yeah, I can't say anything to that, mate. The Communist Party said they would leave Hong Kong alone but they've done nothing but spend the last 19 years turning the screws. Hong Kong was nothing but a fishing village when we first arrived, the PRC had no real claim on it. And now their human rights are getting flushed down the toilet, same as the continentals. We fucked up, big time.

>99.9999% of you are sweatshop-tier slaves.

asians are insects, they don't care about living standards they care about control

and the UK just handed them control of a giant nuclear reactor in Britain so they could save a few shekels

that's the ideology of an insect

>I know exactly what I'm talking about you dumb britcuck
NO you don't.

I live a few miles away from Hinckley Point, so this sort of discussion has been going on for years now.

The construction workers are local and so are the Engineers, I know some of them.

The Chinese are only part financing the construction, with some items being of Chinese design.

It's NOT full of Chinese workers at all.

Your comments, along with most others on here are laughable.

Your Western history is truly propagandist lies. Any real Chinese would know they are genetically descendants of heavenly lineage unlike you forsaken scum. You clearly are evolved apes and monkeys with your body hair and "big dicks" that cannot compare to the black who takes your woman.

Chinese manufacturing have terrible quality. Letting them build a nuclear reactor is dangerous.

>being of Chinese design

like I said

RIP UK

kek

This is why you will wake up crushed while you masturbate to your filthy liberalism. You will not even realize when your society is dead and when we have become your masters you "individual." Society exists to serve society, not the individual. The individual must endure and be consumed by society to further society at any cost. You merely are a disease and delay to true ideological superiority.

Only our exports are you filthy American state, our best is saved for ourselves while you consume our stale semen. Do you not understand the concept of being clever or are you merely another filthy unwashed ape like your British barbaric ancestors?

China is taking over the world.

so honorabur

Tell me why you think that insects are inherently a negative thing?

Your average chink doesn't control his own bowel movements and gets told when to shit by his supervisor.

The only reason these shitholes are allowed to exist, is because corps love cheap labor and ridiculous margins.

Honor is for weak whites and their Japanese cousins. True cleverness is the way a collectivist thinks through, they are ready to expend their family to further the sake of the society.

Those who rely on honor rely on the crutch of animal behavior. True thinking collectivists outwit the weaklings and destroy the weak from within until there is nothing but strong that stands on the pillar of strength.

Looking forward to the ThundercUUck video passionately defending the brave brilliant Chinese nuclear engineers.

Chinese average IQ is 107 you degenerate pig, Chinese engineers are picked by the state for their superior intellect.

AYY BRITAIN, GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US.

do you want to live the life of an insect?

If you like low living standards and being an asocial cog in the machine, designed to only generate money quality be damned, go live in China

Don't tell people in the west to adopt China's shitty views on life.

>I like living in a shithole so you have to as well

> true cleverness

I actually fell off the chair laughing.

A horde of worthless drones, working for 2 cents a day, whilst their overlords are overseas fully enjoying the "western" way of life.

LMFAO

What happens when the bubble pops and all your corp owners flee the country with all the cash, Chang?

Take a look, you myopic bastards.

You guys got chink reactors too?

My condolences.

Well at least you can look forward to some more Asian pussy coming your way.

and they are (objectively and genetically) uncreative insects that can do little more than copy/paste what others have built

sad

rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/early/2009/10/27/rspb.2009.1650

nah, but we're the original chink colony.

Is that a giant winding machine?

You're wasteful with your land because your fat asses take too much of it. After your "American race" is eradicated, the land will be righteously transformed into the fullness that only Chinese developers can even comprehend without suffering American autism thought.

UK gov is aligning with china slowly and testing the waters with USA

>The only reason these shitholes are allowed to exist, is because corps love cheap labor and ridiculous margins.

Exactly

the west has destroyed the living standards of all western whites lowering wages, safety standards, and environmental standards in order to save a few jewish CEOs enough money to buy an extra yacht.

And the worst part is the right and "capitalists" defend this and every other aspect of globalism because it's "muh free market"

Since when was China a free market?

It makes me murderously angry

Hello Hardlight person.

While you brag about race traitors and their weak ilk, you are not prepared for the true transformation of society which will take place in the coming decades as your kind become blacked and become ISIS. They will be weak to Chinese warfare and be utterly eradicated. There is the end of your so called legacy on earth, you will become the fertilizer that we as "insects" walk over and feed off of.

>If you like low living standards and being an asocial cog in the machine, designed to only generate money quality be damned

like you're even different

Chinese don't give a fuck about destroying their country for a few dollars

Western standard of living is far higher than Chinese standard of living, dipshit

go back to China if the living standard there are so great.

Your own countrymen are ready to murder your entire nation for a "few dollars." You truly cannot comprehend the collectivist sacrifice when you answer to your Soros and Trumps. Your individualism is a false front for your weakness and your only existence is to become the fertilizer of collectivist crops of your future.