What's the definitive quote from BR2049?

What's the definitive quote from BR2049?

I don't think any are as significant as Batty's speech from BR1, but JOIs "I love you" is what stands out for me

A little too generic though

want to go for a ride?

Get up. Do your fucking job.

"Part time."

>...
>...
>...
>... I blade run

“You’ve been getting along just fine without one”.
“What’s that?”
“A soul.”

I've been inside you. There's not as much there as you think.

YOU'RE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO BASELINE

I like to keep an empty stomach until the hard part of the day is over

>[autistic screeching]

The baseline tests are pretty good

It’s such a minor line, but there’s something really iconic about the line “What’s Up you beautiful tinplate soldier?” to me. Even changed my Instagram name because of it.

I really liked "We all wish it was us, that's why we believe." The almost...amused way she says it when she figures out he thought he was special is crushing.

CELLS

she feels sorry for him

A real boy needs a real name

Cells within cells interlinked

VRRRROM VRRRMMM VRRRUM

Cells interlinked. It sets the tone for the entire film. Even the cast and crew thought the soul of the movie was in the baseline test scenes.

this

I'm the best one!

Yeah, but she's also probably amazed that an LAPD cop of all things thought he was the chosen one. He's literally a blade runner, it felt like part of her dialogue was appreciating the irony.

>I hope you enjoyed our product
You are now aware that Luv was talking to Joi when she said that

Prostitute/Joi phase through is best waifu

i wasn't aware that was an option

This is actually hilarious.

This is pretty good. I think it gets to the heart of the whole existential crises it seems K is having where he knows he isn't special, he knows JOI is a mass produced AI, but it doesn't matter. He doesn't need to be cosmically special and JOI doesn't need to be some kind of total unique.

"What am I to you?"

>many's the night I dream of cheese

Luv was talking to K about Joi since Joi is made by Wallace Corp as well.

It's fairly subtle jealousy from Luv. She was really butthurt when K prefer Joi and always call Joi as "our product".

>Is the dog real?
>I don't know, ask him

That was the one that really stuck out to me. Luv is ice-cold

GYAAAHHHH!!!!!

This

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUUCK

this one for sure, it sums whole movie, whole ending too, K had to get over all mess, get up and do his fucking job, till end

The first time when he first meets Luv she asks if he is enjoying the product.
The second time when is when Joi is pleading, right before Luv crushes the emanator containing the only copy of her. She says "I hope you enjoyed out product" She is talking to Joi

doo doo.. doo
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRM
do doo..
BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRAP

>Every great civilization was built on the back of a slave labor force.
Words to live by.

>like tears in the rain. CELLS
CELLS

My point being that K wasn't as actualized as Batty was, so he didn't have the opportunity to have many experiences outside of his job nor the intellectual and emotional freedom. Fewer opportunities for flowery language since his life outside of being a normal replicant was very short and he wasn't grappling with the dilemma that Batty was for as long as he was.

Ice cold yet she has a tear roll down her face in a lot of killing scenes, I'd love to know whats up with that. I thought maybe she feels bad but is following protocol but then she shows extreme cruelty when she stomps on the emanator

I saw it twice and it only occurred to me the second time round. Hit me hard

>''Cheeto dust''
Such a deep line

Yeah this is a good one

H
O
T

P
O
C
K
E
T

V
I
D
E
O

G
A
M
E

You've never seen a miracle
All the courage in the world cannot alter fact

Did Luv wanted to fuck K too?

I guess it can be taken either way. I just think that referring to Joi as "our product" is her way of showing condescendence toward Joi.

>what a day
>you look like a good Joe

The context of this was soul crushing

I just realized "love" kills "joy"

Joi "I love you."
K "You dont have to say that."
Joi "I know."

More like love kills jerk off instruction

K is also the product. Next time you see the movie you will realize she was talking to Joi. Callous as fuck

>"Sometimes to love someone, you got to be a stranger. "

>"....... to Strangers!"

that gave me a good laugh

When they listened to recording of Rachael and Deckard first meeting, she said that one was trying to provoke another and that's human's way of showing interest or something like that. She then immediately asked K " How's your job?" which is obviously that very action of trying to provoke him

At first I thought she was just fucking with him. However, I remembered later on that replicants are autistic and such blatant unsubtle way of flirting might be fitting for Luv.

Yeah I wonder if that's intentional?
JOI vids are popular and I can see how they could morph into an app and then when the tech comes, a hologram, eventually a waifu.
How else would they have sex? Other than letting him fuck a prozzy

>We're all just looking for something real

I could see that, she was definitely a little surprised when he collapsed at the news because she hadn't intended to drop that big of a bombshell on him.

It could be seen as more cold blooded the opposite way. If she looks at Joi and tells her she hopes she enjoyed their product (K), she is insulting K's relevance to anything in particular, objectifying him, but also letting K know that she considers Joi enough of a "person" that she would refer to her in the same way she originally referred to K. So she is telling K "yes, this is significant, I'm killing your partner".

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Stars and spaceships and shit.

Shit was cray Deckard.

What is it like to hold the hand of someone you love?

interlink

I wouldn't trust an answer from anyone that hasn't been married for 30+ years. It's different when you have literally spent your whole life with someone (like my grandparents who were together for 60 years)

My parents got divorced after 16 years and 6 kids...

Forgot to add that my longest relationship was 2 months (I'm 26)...

This.
>"I'm the best one..."
Is the quote of the movie. It's an admission from deep inside Luv's psyche and explains her entire motivation and personality.

I'm a turbopleb when it comes to reading and pretty much quit reading anything of substance after high school and I'm really glad for the Pale Fire bits in this movie, it motivated me to read it and it's pretty great. The whole thing has great Baseline sections.

Faceless test taker voice was one of my favorite characters. He comes off as equal parts professional and confrontational with K.

It's like the LAPD hired someone who knows how to be just cordial enough to work with Replicants so they'll both perform a nonbiased effective evaluation but is also comfortable enough to throw away politesse and ask things like
>When you're not performing your duties do they keep you in a little box?
In a loud self aware voice, and then somehow switch back and tell the Replicant after meeting requirement how they did and that they can receive their reward. Not a hint of spite or desire to see them fail and have their head blown off, nor a reluctance to be mindful of the consequence of that alternative since the slight pause before sternly noting K was off baseline implies concern, not for the test taker who is wisely outside the room unlike voight kampf evaluators, not a fearful pause but almost disappointed one.

I wish the short films we got before BR2049 was stuff like that instead. I'd like to know the different ways and reactions the test produces.

What do you think Rutger Hauer opinion about this movie is?

I liked him too. Somehow I didn't notice on my first watch but I liked how he called K "Constant K" after his first flawless baseline test.

I hope DVD extras include and expand on the test and K's relation with the LAPD.

He told me it's absolute kino

The only thing different about people married that long is that their highs and lows are generally over. They're like a sailboat in still waters. Young love is pure and real. Doesn't matter if it lasts 4 days or 40 years, if it's love it's love.

I noticed the same and I'm not shure if she felt insulted that K prefered Joi over her.

What would PKD think of this movie?

Mother. Fucker.

Am I the only one who just realized she is the chick from the black mirror lesbian episode?

But he's K(okay) anyway.

GHAD DAMMIT

Scene where big ad of his wifu repeats the same thing when he just found out he was the one (although he wasn't).

>"Damn does Ryan Gosling look kino as fuck on that jacket"
>-Philip K. Dick

He was a stranger ;_;

Life of a man

I knew the hybrid kid was a messiah allegory, but my slow processor only just realized it also works as commentary on messiah complex.
I figured in the cinema that K was just being rejected for pathos, but it's now clear it's also how most people get into spiritualism because they imagine themselves chosen for greater things more than they're concerned with choosing to be good people.

Please no.

She also says that people ask each other personal questions of people they're interested in, and then asks him something personal. But the goose just shrugs her off and she looks so fucking disappointed.

"You look like a good Joe"

She wasn't. She says the same thing earlier at Wallace HQ referring to Joi.

Probably the miracle thing by Bautista's character... maybe just because it's repeated twice, but I mean, the first time seeing the movie but to be honest, none of that really matters because it was just a fucking movie and it wasn't real. You're not real, either. There is no me.

>stares autistically

Whatver jimmy mask 2 hwen.

the point is they're both Wallace products, it's interchangable

The best, most meaningful, most soul crushing, movie defining quote is obviously

>You look like a good Joe

anything else is objectively wrong

How did he felt by that?

Are you trying to say it's not? Because that was really powerful for me