ITT: Mandela Effect Movies

ITT: Mandela Effect Movies

Have you ever remembered a movie's detail or plot or line in a really wrong way but were sure you were right? To the point of almost denial?

I've watched Army of Darkness since I was a kid and I always thought that the redhead in the end was Linda and that Ash through time fuckery got her back.
A friend just pointed out how wrong I was and my world is falling apart, goddamn.

Has something like this ever happened to anyone else? Or am I the only one that's been insane since 7?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OSX-jRewoOI
youtube.com/watch?v=0xZm-hqIkQA
youtube.com/watch?v=wBMIA2jvc1A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In Independence Day when the President orders the use of nukes I always remembered Bill Pullman asking where the strike was going be and someone tells him Houston. Then immediately after he exhales and under his breath he says, "The Astrodome." I didn't know what the Astrodome was but I remember my whole thought process immediately after that because I thought it had something to do with NASA, so I asked my Dad in the theater right then. That was always how I remembered finding out the Astrodome was a baseball stadium. But Bill Pullman doesn't mention the Astrodome at all in the movie. So weird.

did Dolly have braces in Moonraker?

Napoleon Dynamite when Uncle Rico is on the couch with Kip watching his video and he says something other than what I had initially believed was "Hey did ya see that!?" While grabbing Kips knee, causing him to scoot over.

I could swear I saw a different cut of Dracula 2000 that totally changed the meaning of the ending

When Dracula is hung from a tacky neon sign of Jesus as the sun rises, he looks at the vampire girl on the ground and says "I release you," turning her back into a human and saving her from burning, then looks up at the poorly drawn Jesus and says "Forgive me" as he bursts into flames and the movie ends. Watched it again, there's no "forgive me" line and there's an additional scene where Jonny Lee Miller sweeps up his ashes and puts them in a vault while theorizing he's not really dead.

Ah man, I remember this too. When Jaws first crash lands in her life, he smiles at her and shows his big spiked metal fangs and she smiles back with dainty little braces. Her crooked teeth and nearsightedness are why she doesn't meet Drax's criteria of "genetically superior" and why Jaws ultimately betrays Drax

I remember a scene in Ace Ventura when I watched it on TV once, where Ace is looking for Finkel's parents house. He walks into a bar and says something about supporting Finkel, some dude breaks a bottle and holds it up to him, so Ace says "Oh, you wanna play with glass, huh?" then takes out a contact lense and breaks it in half on the bar.

I can see it clearly in my head, but it's not on the DVD I own, or in the deleted scenes.

As a bonus, my buddy's copy of the DVD completely leaves out the dolphin trainer scene.

Good news, you're sane

youtube.com/watch?v=OSX-jRewoOI

it's been years so I'm struggling to remember details, but does anyone else remember the early trailer for Pandorum feeling entirety different than the actual film? I suspect they had reshoots or something and changed the whole vibe.

I seem to recall thinking it looked like a clone of Alien, ie one monster running around killing a crew of people.

So were the monsters actually monsters, or was it just fucked up people from the crew who'd turned into monsters?
Its been a while since i've seen it, but I remember it was pretty neat

Nice. I guess they put the deleted scenes in during tv broadcasts. Is the dolphin trainer scene a "deleted" one, then? Because it's not on my friend's version, but it is on mine. What a fucking weird thing.

ah I think you're right there.
it's decent. has some cheesy shit, but it's not bad. the aliums were humans who had hyper-evolved to adapt to the ship environment.

I can't find the trailer for this movie where the girl robot goes "U-G-L-Y you ain't got no alibi! You ugly!"

I thought it was Zoidberg who yelled "MY MANWWICH", not Hermes in Futurama. The moment was completely ruined for me.

I remember that scene, it might be because it gets copyright striked

nice try messing with me but that does happen in the movie

checked

>I guess they put the deleted scenes in during tv broadcasts.

yeah, that's how we got the turret scene re-added back to aliens, for example. when cbs showed blade runner for the first time in like '84 they added a random guy doing voice-over for the opening crawl as well as a tagline:

B L A D E R U N N E R

love is the deadliest sin

Yeah that seems to happen pretty frequently when movies are shown on TV. IIRC John Carpenter even shot an additional 20 minutes or so of footage for the broadcast version of Halloween.

MANDELLA, YOU EVIL TIME WIZARD!

I'm 90% sure Dracula 2000's extras included like 3 different endings. I think there was even one where the Judas stuff was completely cut out. One of those possibly?

> Avatar

The was a scene where a kid version of Jake (about 6-7) was watching the first live feeds of the first probe reaching Pandora with his family. Mom, dad, slightly older brother, room was completely white. The flash-back was right at the beginning when Jake was narrating the movie and it was only a few seconds long but i swear i saw that. I've been searching deleted scenes ever since but no luck

That's the opening to Pandorum, famalam.

youtube.com/watch?v=0xZm-hqIkQA

I really liked that movie

I remember there being two werewolves in the cantina in Star Wars. All of a sudden when i was 22, they weren't there anymore. There were a muslim frog and an elephant.

No because I have a memory better than that of a gold fish.

In the dark night rises cia never actually says "you don't get to bring friends" it was masketta man who says this.

from my memory of watching it in the early 2000s she does.

youtube.com/watch?v=wBMIA2jvc1A
Wrong.

well apparently she doesn't, despite many people remembering so. the scene doesn't really make sense without them, imo. people have checked old tapes and they're missing there too.