Ghost Story

This was really good.

Few thing I have issue with tho:
>the scene where that guy went on nihilistic rant about the universe
just why
>ghost suddenly traveling to the pastafter jumping from the roof
what was that about?

I would like if the movie was more focused at Rooney and her dealing with loss instead of random scenes with mexican family and people at the party.
Also the scene where she eats the cake was kino.

Discuss

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kmQ2MnSs6q0
youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yXCCpcsp4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I didn't like the party scene; it should have been written way better than entry level existentialism. However, one thing it did well was the pace shift as the movie shifts between the casey ghost just letting every day flit by and tuning in to this convo.

travelling to the past kind of links to that; the casey ghost doesn't look at or experience time regularly anymore. He is coming to terms with 'the enormity of time'

more like Shit Story amirite ahahahha

what'd the note say bros

LEGO

if only you knew how bad things really were

I think the first part of the movie is good, it works on the grounds of minimalism but then they just couldn't retain what it made that part enjoyable and tried to gave a bigger scale to the movie, then after the spooky ghost and after the existential rant on the party it just goes to shit.

It could have been a much better movie, also I didn’t like the song, but that’s just me

disappear now

The scenes with the other ghost were kinda funny.

tried too hard to be Tree of Life

>you will never have ghostbro living across the street

I suppose the nihilistic scene was made in that way on porpouse, but yeah it fucking infurates me the fucking numale balding faggot speaking for 4 minutes in close shoot.

Rest is kino.

i thought it was okay, hes talking a bunch of stupid bullshit but the ghost took what truth he needed to from it.

good quadruples

>People missing the point of the speech and that it was supposed to be intentionally irritating in contrast to casey's sorrows
Plebs, op and the lot of you. Do you get triggered when characters don't do things the way you would also?

>I'm waiting for someone
>Who?

youtube.com/watch?v=kmQ2MnSs6q0

;__;

>implying it wasn't intended to infuriate you

It sets up the exact time thing OP seems to miss, how embarrassing.

stopped watching this movie once the bitch finished her pie, what a dumb scene totally loses interest.

I dont really think that scene had the effect it was going for. the other long pauses were okay but what exactly are you supposed to feel about someone eating a pie for 10 minutes

Tension. It's our first scene with rooney and the ghost. I think you were supposed to watch the scene expecting her to break down in tears and have a more cliche reaction, as casey might hope. It isn't perfect but if you don't have ADHD you can go on enjoying the movie just fine.

The song he wrote was gay af but the other songs on the OST are goat.

>It's supposed to be bad
"No."

Explain then faggot

Did you also miss how it sets up the rest of the movie? Are you actually saying nothing is supposed to be irritating in movies all smiles?
Absolute fragile pleb.

Time is cyclical. We pass down meaningful pieces of ourselves to be remembered by those around us, Beethoven, casey's music, rooneys message in the wall. We see a girl who is doing the same as rooney and writing a message, but she is also met with death. After all this time we may uncover these pieces but in the end it doesn't matter if we're ultimately going to be faced with death. That's why the ghost disappears and we don't see what the message was, it doesn't matter. This is however a pretty cold and pretentious take because it ignores the sorrows and feelings of casey and rooneys characters, the guy even giving the speech says lets ignore love.

just a pic of dickbutt

>4:3 ratio

How can people even watch this shit

Why do you think they filmed the entire rant in one take? Because they were too lazy to set up a second camera? It's a deliberate choice meant to bring the viewer into the moment, forcing you to feel like you're stuck in that room with him, listening uncomfortably to his smug drivel and unable to excuse yourself. Everything about the scene from the guy's ass-ugly mug to the especially unflattering camera angle and lighting is engineered to make you want to escape. It's an intentional aesthetic blight on the movie's muted atmosphere, effective at making you sympathize with Ghost Casey's frustration as he reels through the ages, a captive audience to centuries of inane drivel, thinking only of one person who has since moved on. What did you think of the pie scene?

;_;

Reminder that the other Ghost is looking for the little girl's note. The girl during the pioneer scene hides a note under a rock, same thing Rooney does earlier in the film.

Yeah, cool

That scene in general gets too much hate. Someone here thought it was the director telling us what the message of the film was. I can't believe how much people misunderstand this. People are slaves to exposition.

but was it really necessary to put that in the film?

How do I go about viewing a film such as A Ghost Story?

You're supposed to feel what it must be like to watch your loved one hurt themselves and not being able to do anything about it.

I liked the party scene mainly because I've been at parties where one guy is occupying a table giving some philosophy 101 tirade that some fat hipster chicks think is genius

I don't know why time was circular in the movie either

Hi, I've worked on this movie (lighting).
David actually thought the nihilistic monologue scene was fantastically written and adlibbed.
And the pie scene... Rooney was actually pretty horrible, couldn't emote at all, acted like a robot. Casey had an idea to give her some kind of a prop to act against and it kinda worked. Also that shot is what David is most proud of.

What does Rooney smell like?

Ripe LEGOs

Literally The Room tier.

I almost stopped watching it there too. I'm fine with long uncut scenes but after 5 minutes of her just eating a pie I was only thinking "OK I GET IT" and then it went on for another 5 minutes. I went and made a sandwich and it was still going on. Glad I kept watching because it got a lot better after though.

>I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Hey good job. I really enjoyed this film it was wonderfully shot.

what was the point Ke$ha cameo?

Yeah we had a great dop.

this might as well be the most pretentious film I have ever seen

How is it pretentious? Because it's not Marvel?

I downloaded it because I thought it was a horror movie.
What the fuck is it.

I thought it was alright, but it didn't blow me away. Felt like a premise to a long music video for some hipster band

It's not the film's fault you had wrong expectations of it user.

>hurr every non capeshit movie is good
not him and I liked the movie but blow it out your ass

I haven't actually watched it yet, just confused on what's it about.

If you're not that guy why are you taking his case? I was asking him a question.

Not sure if bait but the scene is literally only 6 minutes.

youtube.com/watch?v=Y7yXCCpcsp4

OST of the year lads

That theme where time passes him by is also very haunting.

It's all about time.

did the ghost ever figure out how big time is

what would you do if you became a ghost Sup Forums?

>ghost suddenly traveling to the pastafter jumping from the roof
he didn't travel to the future, he just "lived" for so long that the universe reset itself and looped

>when she realizes the person she's waiting for isn't coming

You don't know what pretentious means

Daddy's money

On your phone

Felt twice that though

Literally the best scene of the movie and one of the best moments in any film out this year.

>he didn't get the pie scene

the purpose of the pie scene was for the audience to either accept and realize the movie for what it is, to make you into casey affleck just standing there watching it all take place, or to stop watching
both of these are perfectly choices are ok and is exactly as the director intended