Supernatural X Files

I've watched these two to death, is there anything that can fill the hole?

Other urls found in this thread:

imdb.com/title/tt0443701/
imdb.com/title/tt5301732/
youtube.com/watch?v=YKmn210YAsg
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have you tried the BBC?

>right after the buffy + angel + supernatural thread
I see you, OP. I get the feeling I know who you are

>"So, what do you think? Did Muslim extremists hijack two airliners and fly them into the world trade centers, or was this all just a flight of fancy thought up by our writers?"

>"If you thought this story was true....sorry its not kosher, this story was thought up by our writers. Maybe one day I will be able to Shoah you the truth about 9/11, but until then, this has been Jonathan Frakes, and this is Beyond Belief, good night"

Le kinos:
imdb.com/title/tt0443701/
imdb.com/title/tt5301732/

>its a mulder and scully take down the jews episode

Grimm is watchable. Not as good as X files. Not as much fun as Supernatural can be at times, but the fighting is less shit and less "deus ex machina" saving the day every single time.

Dominion is a personal favorite of mine. It is shit in a sense, and it got cancelled after 2 seasons. But it's so much campy fun. The biggest flaw was the protagonist being boring garbage, but everybody else is entertaining and the plot keeps building up.

Tried both. Dropped both. Id rather rewatch Supernatural, Constantine (2015), Buffy or Angel

I've seen those, why did everyone hate I want to Believe? Been a while since I've seen

It was a different time

What? I've never seen buffy is it similar to these because I hate Whedon and it looks like stronk womyn garbage

Isn't it just fairy tails?

Is Lone Gunmen any good?

the exorcist tv series season 1 also ended being satisfying enough, it had a few flaws, the arc of the protagonist was not as good as it could have been, but overall the story worked great i think

i just saw that season 2 started recently so i'll have to hop onto that, i am not sure if they will keep the same protagonists or just the same universe as season 1 was pretty much self-contained.

Hmmm maybe not so much X Files but definitely Supernatural, yes. Some episodes between the two are very similar just like how some X Files-SN episodes are also similar. Lots of crossover acts and SN reference to Buffyverse, too. Just like SN reference to XF.

>Isn't it just fairy tails?
it's about fairy tail monsters living disguised among humans, having to repress their natural urges or falling to their natural urges and needing to be taken care of in that case

so it's buffy style hunting monsters, with police stuff and some of the monsters being just regular "people" that want to live a peaceful life

penny dreadful also created a great atmosphere, even though most of the sub-plots ended up being very unsatisfying in the end

not the same kind of "monsters" but Hannibal season 1 and 2 worked great i think. season 3 was weak, too much stuff i didn't care about and then they rushed the great red dragon part

No, but Millenium is kino

Twilight Zone, Kolchak: The Night Stalker

this was fun, but got cancelled

>there anything that can fill the hole?
A bullet

Haven't seen Kolchak, heard its pretty much the father of X-files and Grandaddy of early Supernatural I'll check it out

Worth checking out if a huge fan of the film? Is the protag as good as Father Karras?

bump

Fringe

Only the first episode, which was great. Rest is garbage unfortunately...

twin peaks

Watch Millennium but pretend season 3 doesn't exist

>Supernatural
>Two white male leads
>Very few Female actresses, the ones that are there are eye candy and mostly white
>Like no black people
>Classic Rock and roll music everywhere
>Almost all of the actors and actresses in the show (even the ones with one or two lines) have bright blue eyes or at least green

How did they get away with it and the show has lasted so long keep in mind?

>>Very few Female actresses, the ones that are there are eye candy and mostly white
you know the show is written for females and they had to kill the female characters because the fans would get too mad at a fictional character stealing their husbandos?

Ironically because of tumblr SJW crowd

more like cringe lmaoooo

Get out.

a chad ran it filling it with qts then he left but the landwhales who came on sperged out when there was attractive girls on the show so they just die when they show up now

EXCEPT Charlie and Rowena, whose demises pissed tumblrwhales off.

Millenium and Psi-factor.

i guess the first one was a little sister figure, so non-threatening in that sense (non-fuckable by the protagonists), dropped the series before the 2nd one so don't know about that

Smooooth.

Watch the Profiler series, then watch the Millenium show, then watch Hannibal, then watch Mindhunter.

Do you wonder what it's like to watch Real Kino, user?

>rowena

wut, she was an evil witch why did her dying piss people off?

season 2 was so shit that ruined season 1, sorry

Is Mindhunter worth my time? I just started and watched the first episode and it was kinda interesting.

Only thing coming to mind is that short-lived Kolchak reboot starring Stuart Townsend.

I thought she was hot as fuck. Underrated mommyfu imo.

Forgot pic.

there was a kolchak reboot? how was it?

she was hot, surprised she lived as long as she did though

loveCraftianKino

Other Chris Carter shows: Millennium. The Lone Gunmen.

Roswell. Beyond Belief. Does anyone remember Paranormal Borderline?

>why did everyone hate I want to Believe?
It didn't have any aliens or UFOs.

the best episodes of x-files were always the stand alones which generally didnt have aliens or ufos

Pretty decent but I don’t think there’s many episodes. SyFy shows it here in the states. I believe it came out around the same time as Supernatural.

Carnival gives off that X-Files vibe. Too bad it's only one season though. I really recommend it. And it's not cheap or shallow like Dominion and Grim.

Millenium is great but it's less supernatural than the other shows. Some episodes doesn't even have anything supernatural or mythic about them.

There's also Dark Angel. It's a bit of a stretch but it's still good and similar enough to warrant a recommendation. It also features a young Jessica Alba.

I agree but I Want to Believe would have been little more than a mediocre two-parter for the show. I expected them to come up with a much better story six years after the series ended.

Other worthy mentions are Dark Skies and First Wave. They're not as great as X-Files or Supernatural but they may still fill that hole you of yours.

And a young Jensen Ackles.

How is sleepy hollow?

yeah thats fair enough was quite the wait

original kolchak only had about 12 episodes iirc

I remember watching this as a little kid. There was one episode about a cursed chair, and when Frakes told me it was true I shit my pants.

Luke did I ever tell you about chairs

12 monkeys
Sleepy hollow

both are comfy

>fairy tails
>fairy tail monsters
I despise both of you.

The first episode I saw of this was when the sidekick dude went back to his highschool reunion and a bunch of shenanigans happened. I liked the idea of a show following a kooky-looking dude doing this stuff because it was a fresh take. Then I finally saw the other episodes and realised it didn't follow that dude and I completely lost interest.

Rowena was an old lady and thus not a threat, while Charlie was lebanese and therefore not a threat but a love-interest.

youtube.com/watch?v=YKmn210YAsg
Here we go!

Only time I haven't minded found-footage style camerawork, because it fit.