We can all admit the truth now

We can all admit the truth now

This trilogy is not really good, too much grimdark, too much edgy, too much serious

>it's a 'would-be perfect trilogy ruined by its third movie' episode

I'm fine with it being dark, Batman v Superman was dark but it was still a great movie. The Dark Knight movies fail because despite their misguided commitment to realism, the fail to engage with its subject matter and what it means to a modern society in any meaningful way.

The Batman mythos is never questioned, just transplanted in a setting meant to be realistic that still shamelessly bends to the contrivances necessary to remove all sense of moral ambiguity and self awareness from the material.

Can we admit this is true for every Nolan movie?

>snyder fucks up basic batman plot points
>dude he's just questioning the mythos!

Whoever decided that superhero movies shouldn't be fun?

It's still Batman running around in a stupid cape. A superhero movie, by definition, you know, it's comic book. It's for kids. It's adolescent in its core. That has always been its appeal, and I think people who are saying, you know, Dark Knight Rises is supreme cinema art, I don't think they know what the fuck they're talking about.

>It's not good because I don't like it

>BB
An interesting synthesis of Year One and The Long Halloween.
Deviates from the comics but in such a way that it feels ambiguous.
"I don't have to save you." feels a little weird.

>TDK
This were things start to go pear-shaped. How did Joker's bus escape without anyone noticing that it backed out from a collapsed bank wall, is empty, and is covered with building materials? How did Joker rig the hospital to explode? Why were the two corrupt cops introduced out of nowhere just to get killed/punched?

>TDKR
Nolan became too big of a guy for himself so he crashed the franchise with no survivors.

Contrarian faggots, the thread

First two were pretty good. DKR was lame.

>quips are the only way for something to be funny
ecks dee

>The Batman mythos is never questioned
every fucking batman story ever made is about him wrestling with the fact that he fucking killed a dude or made a kid grow up to kill a dude. he's the most boring, played out snoozefest of a character that exists and the only way to do anything new with him is to make him the butt of the joke.

What was wrong with TDK Rises?

it's a shit knightfall and dark knight returns adaptation

The Dark Knight Trilogy is the only good capeshit to have ever come out, aside from Raimi's spiderman flicks and maybe some X-men.

Prove me wrong. Neckbeards not allowed though.

This. Everything else ESPECIALLY nu-DC is embarrassing-tier.

It started off perfect, and then they really overdid it with the 160-minute epilogue.

It's a trilogy with 1 good movie.
You know the one

X-Men and X2 were absolutely great translations of the comic book universe to a movie format. The Last Stand was an abomination though. I've rewatched it recently and the drop in quality from the previous entries is jarring.

Same with Raimi's Spider-Man movies: first two are brilliant, well-paced, with spot-on acting. The third one wanted to do too much at once and failed miserably. They completely wrecked Venom (Spider-Man's fucking archnemesis) and Sandman is as unlikeable as he sounds. If they had solely focused on a Venom storyline, it would be a great movie and we might even had got a sequel... instead it paved the way to the absolutely Unamazing Spider-Man

X-Men First Class was capekino. Fassbender was just so fucking great as Magneto, and they really made a good job with the Xavier-Erik relationship in the plot.

The sequels were puke city, I can't believe how much they fucked it up... this "catching up with the old X-Men movies" horseshit completely doomed any possibility of making it good. They had nigh-unlimited possibilities of making a good franchise considering how well-received First Class was, instead they fucked it in the arse using gravel as lube

J U S T
U
S
T

No. It's a fantastic trilogy. Go watch your Marvel movies.

It's shit mate, you don't need a well informed neckbeard to tell you that just watch it.

1997 box office returns

The Nolan Batmen are alright. First one is really boring. Second one is alright. Third one is okay. Overall, they're fine. Definitely overhyped, but fine.