Was it bad?

Was it bad?

Yes.

why

was it budgetary? BSG had a pretty small budget but benefitted from using only a few sets and having a small cast

Imagine all the dramatic scenes from BSG, but without any of the interesting context or good characters. They didn't do anything original with the concept of a sentient machine, it was just an excuse for mediocre nudity and boring mysteries.

The production value was fine, but it as mostly just a waste of the setting.

did they also say frak?

She was some quality waifu.

It started getting good towards the end but that's when it got axed cause 'muh religion' spam from soccermoms or some shit.

It was truly bad.

We'll never know, it didn't go on long enough.

Now post pics of her.

Trips command

Yes
We were supposed to see the origins of the Cylons, their attaining sentience and their desire for freedom along with the uprising and the beginnings of the first Cylon war
What we got was some family drama, theological debate and gangster bullshit
It failed to deliver in most aspects
I'd have given it one more season but I'd have laid down the law for Ron
>Stop doing human interest laced existential musings and start building fucking Cylons!

it was the only show ever i stopped watching half way through the pilot. and i was a hughe bsg fan back then.

Lacy is best girl.

anyone else notice that all of BSG's standalone episodes were shit?

>that color filter
Goddamn it, I fucking hate that shit. I just do not understand Ron Moore's love for grey.

Black Market had a lot of potential, it really did. It was only natural for the fleet to have one but it was just executed so poorly.
I mean, how the fuck do you get Bill Duke to guest in your episode and fuck it up so badly?
>Here's Lee
>Lee's been having regular sex with a hooker despite us having shown in a recent episode that he has feelings for Starbuck
>He's been having sex with her to fill the void that was left by a woman we've never even mentioned before
>Here's some clips of Lee with this woman that nobody cares about
>Let's use this as the latchkey of the entire story about the Black Market

the implied child prostitutes also made it easily morally black and white

But every time the show tried to branch out a little and show more of the fleet, something that should be very interesting, the episode just comes off as weak filler. The S3 episode about the general strike does this again

It has no significance and comes out of nowhere, while retaining no significance afterwards

I really enjoyed the world but it wasn't great

BSG got very good at that the longer it went on
>the black market
>the chief's union
>the pilot Bill shot down
>the Sagittarons living on the Galactica
>the boxing tournaments
>the war between Gaius' followers and the Sons of Aries
>None of it ever mentioned ever again
And that's just what I remember off the top of my head

it was shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

>make sci-fi show