Who here /still likes star wars/?

Who here /still likes star wars/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Whatever happens, you can't let anything take away what the OT has

Star wars should've grown up with its audience.
Its still a stupid good vs evil story though.
They could have turned into a legend of the galactic heroes.

The classic good vs evil story should stay the good vs evil story

Also Lucas has autism and already tried to make it grow up, remember?

You mean with the prequels?

>half-assed attempt at some kind of "war is bad no no" theme because of the time period it was made in
>ten million terrible political scenes
>multiple scenes of Anakin slaughtering groups of people

yes

im starting to get bored of it

George should have had more scenes of why the republic went to shit instead of palpatine taking over because he was popular.

>Who here /still likes star wars/?
Blade Runner 2049 is better

>Star wars should've grown up with its audience.

It did, then Disney killed it. The Clone Wars cgi series was fantastic

More like the audience should've grown up. The 30 year olds who were spazzing out about the prequels are now almost 50 and spazzing out about Disney Wars.

I still somewhat enjoy the OT and i still like the clones and all the vehicles and shit

RLM told me not to like it so I won't

The prequel trilogy was the apex of cinema. The Disney abortions, on the other hand, are shit.

there has never been a better way to spot someone with shit taste than it is with people who "still like star wars"

>The Clone Wars cgi series was fantastic
mind control chips lmao

you didn't like that?

do you believe the clone troopers would just betray their Jedi comrades without a second thought if it weren't some kind of mind control?

ot was a classic good vs evil heros journey
the prequel story was a tragedy, and should have been that

I have only ever liked the original theatrical versions of the first three star wars movies and that is still the case. The terrible prequels and sequels won't change that.

It was tragic alright

Yes I do. The original clone wars cartoon portrayed clones better than the cgi movie. a video game from 2005 with a tacked on story portrayed clones better than the entirety of the cgi movie. Not a single clone took his helmet off in the entirety of either of those examples.

>its bad because

Great. What would you have preferred? They betray the jedi just cuz? Were they evil the whole time?

Faggots

I FUCKING LOVE STAR WARS

youtube.com/watch?v=aDE6ER5P53k

But they loved TFA.

RLM is full of shit

You disney shills seem nervous, everything ok at the office?

You must be fun at parties :)

I watched star wars when I was a child. Prequels came out when I was an older child. I will always have a fondness for the joy and excitement they brought me.

I made the mistake of watching the new ones, thinking that as an adult, I would still enjoy star wars. It's true that the new ones are terrible movies, but that's beside the point. Star wars just isn't a story with any depth, therefore it's not really for adults.

you too bby, call me.

I don't think I've ever seen any Star Wars movie. Sometimes I wonder if the only reason I still browse this board is because it's cleaner than Sup Forums.

It depends on how broad your definition of "Star Wars" is.

If you mean "Star Wars" as in the original films, then yes I like it, you don't just stop thinking something is good because bad stuff bearing the same name comes out later. If you mean "Star Wars" as in everything George Lucas put out, then I respect the 6-film saga as a singular work of art put out by an autist with unlimited budget and enjoy it by that metric purely for existing, but wouldn't say I like it. If you mean "Star Wars" as an extant franchise being run by Disney then the answer is a hard "no".

People need to stop acting like you have to either love every single thing in a series, or hate it all. Especially now that a lot of these old movie series are being handed off to new directors and creators.

When exactly did Vader and the Stormtroopers become comedy pop icons and stopped being menacing villains? There's absolutely no way to take them seriously anymore.

Old Star Wars with the exception of the Prequels, other then that. No.

Star Wars has always been goofy even when it first came out. It's borderline a parody.

Somewhere inbetween Episode 4 and 5

What the fuck am I looking at here? ANOTHER super weapon?

Revenge of the Sith was pretty dark. Should'e kept the nu-Disney Wars like that too but Disney only cares about the big kiddie market.

Star Wars is not as good as The Force Awakens huh Mikey boyo?

Eh. When you compare the first one with space action movies that came before it, it really stands out. Obviously 2001 is in a league of it's own, but the original star wars is pretty good in comparison to all the other shit that was being made.

The second two were pretty goofy, but I still think the fights between Luke and Vader hold up pretty well from an emotional and cinematic viewpoint.

Prequels were just a pet project of a guy with plenty of cash, and at least they're interesting to look at compared to other space action movies.

The new star wars movies pretty much have nothing interesting going for them.

Not anymore I don't. I still love the OT, but I have zero interest in their soulless, PC, made-by-focus-group product.

I watched my first Star Wars movie yesterday, the 1977 original.

It was good, are the other movies worth watching?

Yes. Watch all the Lucas-directed films in release order. Now leave before spoilers.

Yes.

>soulless, PC, made-by-focus-group product

how long until people catch onto this and start despising any piece of media that isn't a "passion project" from one or a small group of people. not a movie that they wanted to get rich off of, but a work of art that they just hope people will love.

The prequels, as corny and bad as they were still had some charm.
TFA was just an uninspired mess. I am still surprised how a movie about space magic, lightsabers and space nazis can be so boring and predictable.

Thnx

I watched Suspiria with my wife last night and we were both talking about how such a movie could never be made and marketed in 2017.

Funny because there's a Suspiria remake coming in 2018