Do you think he could actually become a horror icon if his movie was properly executed?

Do you think he could actually become a horror icon if his movie was properly executed?

Other urls found in this thread:

huffingtonpost.com/entry/people-think-pennywise-the-clown-and-the-babadook-are-a-couple_us_59b970c1e4b0edff97189bb5
youtube.com/watch?v=J64c6YHJOaM
youtu.be/_PWCZjiUatE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nah. Too bland and boring to be played as an actual monster and the premise of the movie was really stupid.
The Creeper's franchise on the other hand, had a huge potential but it all went down the drain thanks to Victor Salva being a public pedo figure.
This is why nice things can never be had.

Lol what is this...haha Is this supposed to be scary, halloween costume lookin nigga ....hahaha

If it was properly executed yes.
The stock sound effects they used for him(that Syfy sound they use for giant dinosaurs and shit), the focus on the annoying kid and bad parent ruined it though

Nah. There isn't anything about it's design that says "iconic'

so what was the babadook, they make it like hes just some trauma the kid is going through, but at the end, they have to feed it bugs in shit in the basement? was the kid some sort of patent psychic and he created a being with his mind, then they had to take care of it or something?

explain what's your understanding of "iconic"

No. The schtick of boogeyman tormenting troubled kid would get old quick.

nice coat

>some trauma the kid is going through
sort of, the family recently lost the father and their troubles sort of gave him "power". He's basically the manifestation of their mutual negative emotions.

It was allegorical. The babadook doesn't actually exist, it's just grief. You can't get rid of grief you just have to learn to live with it.

the kid was imagining scary things and tried to convince his troubled mother (who was also suffering from depression due to the lost of her husband and the kid being an unruly nutbag) that the babadook is real that she eventually slipped and started to think the same way. Then everything went to shit.

D E E P
E
E
P

I thought he became a LGBTQ icon because netflix put some wrong tags.

He is actually a gay icon.

so then wtf was the thing in the basement we hear scuttling around that they are feeding?

A stork

>Look at this horrific thing
>Gay people look
>OMG it's beautiful!
Every time

Something that stands out or is memorable
>Darth Vader
>Jason Voorhees
>Micheal Myers
>Indiana Jones

Really long fingers and a pale face is kind of generic.

>It was allegorical
it WAS allegorical, until the whole "possession" thing when she got a demonic voice and started vomiting black. And the final confrontation with Babadook when he became fully monstrous tried to outright scare them before getting subdued by mother's rage.

And he's also being shipped with Pennywise somehow.
I know it's just a meme but it kinda hurts. Why do people have to ruin so many things?

It could have been a great movie monster. Then they went down the psychological horror route and made it all a lazy metaphor for grief.

>Really long fingers and a pale face is kind of generic
b-but he's got a classy top-hat?

why did he sound like stockdinosaursounds.mp4

What does Indiana Jones do in this list? I thought we're talking about horror.

I just wanted to throw in an iconic good guy in the list.

Why is he gay now? I don't get it.

It's a joke because Netflix put the movie in the LGBT category by accident.

budget

>vomiting black
This movie is right up my alley but I'll never watch it because of this. I don't fuck with no vomit nigga, let alone blood or black vomit. I was on a date with a girl once who told me she vomited blood earlier in the week and did like gif related. Any future horror directors who might read this, don't be slapping vomit in your shit, it's not something anyone wants to see, you can make a good horror movie without the grossest bodily function, let alone making even it worse by it being blood or whatever.

That shit killed the entire movie for me. I can handle a wilhelm here and there but low quality dinosaur sound is retarded. They could have done that inhale screeching thing kids do (sounds like what people think pterodactyls sound like)

The child acting in this film was the best thing about it. You don't even notice how good a character actor he is because he plays the role so perfectly.

That looks scary. Why are people pretending it doesn't?

The mom thought the Babadook was real. The movie was a horror movie because it was told from her perspective. She was extremely sleep-deprived and eventually had some kind of psychotic episode. She's seeing things and has these moments of pure fear and paranoia.

Basically, the mom is mental and that's why impossible things happen in the movie. The movie in itself is not an outright metaphor. It's based in reality, only is shown through the lens of the crazy mom

This. The Creeper is probably the most interesting horror movie creature to be created since Freddy Krueger, and also the one with the most inherent potential. The concept isn't original, since he's basically just a reimagination of the IT entity, but the execution was well done.
It's a shame it'll never happen, though.

It was all in the mothers head. She used to write childrens books before her husband died and so she manifested the babadook to channel her kill lust for her child ....as he was being an absolute cunt.

tl;dr Mom lost her mind.

The Crooked Man and the Nun will be the biggest new horror icons

Needs a sequel directed by Michael Bay where the Babadook becomes a cyborg, like in Jason X, and the majority of the movie takes place on a space station in the future.

he looked stupid in the film, they should've made
him look like a weird puppet version like he did
in the children's books...

of course some artists were making him into an icon for gays and put him in a relationship with
pennywise... which doesn't make sense since pennywise is actually female.

also gay people pissed that they're represented by a spooky monster and a child
eating clown

huffingtonpost.com/entry/people-think-pennywise-the-clown-and-the-babadook-are-a-couple_us_59b970c1e4b0edff97189bb5

Now I regret I didn't save that hair vomiting wemb for you.

Man I fucking love Javier Botet. I wish he'd play another main monster role in a movie again like he did in Mama.

how is that stock sound called?
I know wilhelm but I can't find the dinosaur one

you're the first person I've seen on Sup Forums who's admitted this, and I actually agree. I fucking hate when people say the kid was a bad actor in the Babadook - fuck off, you just hate kids in movies. He was only 6-7 years old during filming, and he was *supposed* to be annoying enough at the beginning that you could feel empathy for the mom as she went mad, instead of just seeing her as a monster. The fact that he goes from annoying as hell to being afraid of and then worried for his mother (as he works up the courage to try and fight it out of her) during the second half is really a credit to child actors everywhere.

If you want to see an example of bad child acting, watch The Road. That kid was just a whiny wet paper bag for the whole movie

Fucking WRONG.
The crooked man was the worst part of the movie. Everyboy hated it and called it the worst CGI in recent memory. James Wants had to come out and reveal that it wasn't even CGI. Holy shit.
The Nun had potential if Wan or some other skillful director had run with it, but it's going to be directed by some nobody and will be as bad as the first Annabelle.

I tried finding it and I can't but I know it's a stock sound and it appears a million times in any asylum movie with anything remotely reptilian and larger than 4 feet tall

Which sound? I just watched it recently, and I only recall the "BA-BA-BA-DOOK-DOOOOK-DOOOOOK" sound he does on the phone.

I remember the sound from Warcraft 2:
youtube.com/watch?v=J64c6YHJOaM

Have the MC be Will Smith, and fill it with subtle Scientology undertones.

Have the title literally just be "Babadook 2", and sell action figures of Cyborg Babadook. Hipsters will claim to buy the figures "ironically", but they'll do it on such a scale that it actually creates a valid market for a third movie.

THATS IT!
Was gonna say it sounds like every sound the sharptooth makes in link related
youtu.be/_PWCZjiUatE

I really loved the book itself. The drawings and the rhymes nailed the children's book feel, while bring creepy as fuck.

>oh come, come see!
>what's underneath!

it was like Dr. Seuss wanted into horror writing.

I tried watching this once and thought it was shit, tried again a few months later when i hadn't slept in 2 days and i loved it, it was the only horror released in the past decade that I liked

I think I would have to see it if this happened.

That's weird. Everyone in my theater loved the crooked man. Even saw a woman try to sing the theme song on the way to the lobby.

seemed to work for freddy

From Raw? Yeah I've heard. That one I might be able to handle because first of all, it's not really vomit. Second, it's laudable realism to show a cannibal dealing with that, rather than just throwing in a vomit scene because you're a hack trying to be horrific. The Exorcist vomit is another scene that I endure because I feel like it's validated artistically.

>I'll soon take off
>my funny disguise
>take heed of what you've read
>once you see what's underneath
>YOU'RE GOING TO WISH YOU WERE DEAD.

the babadook is a fucking stupid name, like baby talk

A generic spooky boogeyman story badly mixed with DEEP and EMOTIONAL stuff.
It worked pretty poorly t b h.

She was unironically almost certainly a redditor Dr. Who Sherlock fan. There will always be enthusiastic people with low standards, my parents are like that, if something is dramatic they get a kick out of it, from network tv shows to capeshit to the crooked man. But for anyone with an artistic eye, it was a bad scene.

marilyn manson?

it's an anagram of "A Bad Book".

Pussy

I mean that does look pretty fuckin creepy. Imagine you are extremely stressed out and haven't slept in days and you keep noticing this guy in the darkness / distance / corner of your eye. Whenever try to get a good look at him, though, he disappears. You convince yourself that he's real and bam you're living a nightmare

What a horrific message. Whatever happens to you, you don't have to live with a goddamn hungry demon in your basement. Even people with the worst PTSD move past it, you don't literally feed and placate your fears for the rest of your life

typical propaganda from Big Pharma who wants to sell people antidepressants

is the babadook /coatkino/?

>mrw with the floor is vomit

That's a perfect time to watch it, desu baka senpai. The mom is a good actress, and the movie does a really good job at conveying her utter exhaustion and lack of sleep. I can feel how tired she is when I watch it.

> you just hate kids in movies

You're 100% right.

I think it's cute lol but I'm twisted d:

he looks like the image from that ancient creepypasta jeff the killer or something

the absolute madman

that was definitely the best cosplay of him so far.

it's literally just marilyn manson in a tophat

me on the left

i want the crooked man to get a stand alone movie

spot the difference

Yeah I was about halfway in before I thought to myself "holy shit how are they getting this performance out of this kid?" His range was fantastic, as well as his performance as an autistic. I'm half convinced he IS autistic, but I don't know how they'd get a genuine autistic to adhere to the rigors of production.

I've looked for interviews with him to see what his actual personality is like, but they're keeping him under wraps.

>I thought we're talking about horror.
Have you seen temple of doom?

He most probably will it's gonna flop alongside with Valak not gonna flop.

That's already happening.

fucking hacks

Crooked man was the worst part about that film

Considering the fact of Conjuring Cinematic Universe legitimately being a thing, it's pretty much guaranteed.

spooky

>Conjuring Cinematic Universe

I know that building just from looking at that set of stairs kek, I worked there for about a year, I smashed my toe into that big concrete block while clearing up after a rave that they held.

Why don't they make iconic slasher villains anymore? Where are all the Freddies and Jasons and Michaels of this generation?

like something bad.

because slashers are a meme genre.

Because retards pay devaintartists for prints.

Wow. This is impressive

Not really. It looks too tryhard. Horror comes from the unknowable, and a pound-shop Freddie is not unknowable.