Underrated PKD adaptations

Underrated PKD adaptations

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEE

Excellent film

spooky replicants

For years, I could have sworn that this movie starred Ed Harris and not Robocop. Fucked me up when I watched it again like where the fuck is Ed Harris?

What's some more essential PKDkino?
>Minority Report
>A Scanner Darkly
>Blade Runner
>Total Recall

Is A Scanner Darkly worth watching if I hate rotoscoping?

A Man in The High Castle

It's kinda boring DESU. Typical Linklatter. Driving and talking.

Depends if you read the book and how much you enjoy that genre of storytelling. Lot of drugs, lot of emphasis on a tech-oriented near future, but also a lot of internal dialogue

>Am I speaking Swahili?

Peter Weller don't get enough respect.

The book felt more impactful

Great director too, his Fringe episode is topnotch

Bump

one of my favorite paul weller kinos after robocop

also for the longest time I used to confuse him with lance henriksen

this movie needs a remake but how could you top it

>Blade Runner
You even read the book nigger? They're not related in the slightest.

Blade Runner is "based off of" DAEDOES same way Total Recall is "based off of" We Can Remember it for You Wholesale

Fucking plebs, A Scanner Darkly is a masterpiece and the purest PKD adaptation ever made. You'd know this if you read his stuff, faggots!!!FACT!!!

A Scanner Darkly is probably my favourite PKD book, but I don't care about the movie at all.

Sometimes, doing a 1:1 adaptation is not the way to go.

+

A lot of people didn't like Impostor. I thought it was good. *shrug*

BEST pkd movie coming through
everything else is low-power baby-tier sci-fi

>paul weller

same here. it suffered a bit from being so low-budget, but other than that, a solid film.

Soldier was great,too.

Yeah, the movie somehow failed to convey the craziness of an amphetamine house. It did the story justice, but the storyline wasn't that important in that particular book. It was the vibe/atmosphere that nailed it.

Did they even have the bike/gear discussion, the
> What if I don't remember my name? Fucking police state!
and all the Barris goodness?

The Matrix.

your not wrong

>Shea Wingham as Philip K. Dick

It's not great. It's not even really good. But it's pretty damn faithful to the novel and Wingham is so fantastic as PKD that it'll make you wish he was playing him in a better movie.

Would love a proper VALIS adaptation with Wingham. VALIS is the superior version of Albemuth anyway.

dunno man, I was on the edge of my seat during all the dialogues. Great delivery by the leads.

Any thoughts on PKD's Electric dreams? I've watched a couple episodes and they seemed really mediocre and noticeably low budget

I wouldn't call it a 1:1 adaptation. Linklater removes a lot of character development and wonderful scenes from the novel for pacing. And the rotoscoping in my opinion detracts from the film and downright distracts the viewer from the plot. It also pidgeonholes the film in the "drug movie" category, where it's sought out by and cherished by stoners solely because of the visuals.

A lot of characters are terribly miscast too. In fact, nearly every character outside of Freck feels miscast. Reeves doesn't have the depth for Arctor, RDJ is way too handsome and charming for Barris. Harrelson feels out of place altogether. It's a mess.

Best thing about it was the portrayal of the scramble suit which probably would have looked like shit without the rotoscoping.

agree on each and every point, very well put.